Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No correlation, I had proof of insurance for weeks without a VIN.

Got my VIN today, EDD: 10/23/21 - 10/27/21

Original order date: 10/4/21
M3P in Deep Blue Metallic

Strangely I still don't have my finalized agreement forms, but they want me to enter bank account information...
Making things difficult for me since my loan with DCU requires the agreement.

Delivery date confirmed! Will have home delivery on 10/27. Original order date was 10/4.

Reactions: Taxvictim
I initially ordered Oct. 3rd (Los Angeles) and I've rejected two deliveries now. I just spoke with a sales rep and I told her I wanted the updated model so she adjusted my dates. It now says November 07 - December 05 but she told me not to expect the new models to start shipping till December but could be earlier.
How do you know if it is a updated model? What changes? 2022 model? Thank you

I initially ordered Oct. 3rd (Los Angeles) and I've rejected two deliveries now. I just spoke with a sales rep and I told her I wanted the updated model so she adjusted my dates. It now says November 07 - December 05 but she told me not to expect the new models to start shipping till December but could be earlier.
What changes on the new model? Is it a 2022 model or? Thank you just ordering tonight.

What changes on the new model? Is it a 2022 model or? Thank you just ordering tonight.
Tesla doesnt generally make changes with the model year change. They make changes during the year whenever they want to. The only change is the year on the paperwork. There’s no rumores changes for 2022 now like there was before last year’s refresh. So wanting to get a 2022 doesnt matter at all unless you care about resale value. And if you plan to have the car for 5+ yesrs that won’t matter at all. What matters at that point is condition and mileage.

Reactions: AxelR
Considering updating our '18 Model 3 dual motor and in the process upgrading to a performance model. Part of what's driving this is the perceived excellent resale value, large number of updates and changes to the model 3 and contemplation of acceleration boost and a little bit of regret that I didn't get a Performance upon initial purchase.
Help me understand the large updates and if there is a nice rundown somewhere please point me to it.

Big Updates from 2018
Heat pump
Giga Press rear body casting?
blacked out trim vs chrome
center console change

@HeatproofGenie The 3 doesn't use body castings but otherwise to add to your list there's:
- 82kWh battery
- HW3
- Laminated front side windows (which effectively make the car impossible to burglarize since no doors can be opened)
- Matrix headlights (which don't currently offer any benefit but presumably will someday with a software update)
- Heated steering wheel
- Wood/white trimmed front door panels
- Power trunk
- Countless little bits like USB-C ports, metal scroll wheels, pedestrian speaker, etc.

With notable omissions of radar, passenger lumbar, and free Homelink.

@HeatproofGenie The 3 doesn't use body castings but otherwise to add to your list there's:
- 82kWh battery
- HW3
- Laminated front side windows (which effectively make the car impossible to burglarize since no doors can be opened)
- Matrix headlights (which don't currently offer any benefit but presumably will someday with a software update)
- Heated steering wheel
- Wood/white trimmed front door panels
- Power trunk
- Countless little bits like USB-C ports, metal scroll wheels, pedestrian speaker, etc.

With notable omissions of radar, passenger lumbar, and free Homelink.
Thanks Gauss. I did learn about no castings yet from a Tesla rep on Chat, who intimated that would be coming once the TX plant comes online.

No Homelink is a bummer. I guess all new Teslas don't have radar so seems no biggie. Our current 3 doesn't have basic autopilot as I opted out then and have never purchased EAP so gaining basic autopilot is nice.