Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed “2021” Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

adregia

Nov 30, 2019
Irvine, CA
I have been checking the inventory page for my local everyday (no judgement) and just noticed all the 2020 demos now appear for sale and there are a bunch of 2021's listed but just the LR and SR models no performance.
Strangely enough, even here in SoCal, they had a 2021 SR+ listed in inventory yesterday in my area, though it has now disappeared.

_MSR_

Dec 9, 2020
Nashville
Since there has been some discussion on the number of M3P's being produced, I thought I would look at the data from the Teslike order tracker to see how performance orders have trended over time. Assuming the order tracker represents the market overall, it appears that M3p's make up about 20% of the trim levels ordered on an annual basis, but there is a lot of variability quarter to quarter. For example, M3P's made up 17% of the M3 orders in 2019 Q1 vs 44% in Q3. This variability in orders may account for some of the challenges in getting out our trim line relative to other ones.
Tesla.jpg

Other observations
- The other trim lines are trending up for the number of orders, whereas M3P has stayed relatively flat
- COVID put a huge dent in Q2 orders overall

Puku88

Sep 27, 2020
Minnesota
So, my delivery date estimate is 12/10-12/19 here in Minneapolis. 9 days away.

I don't have a VIN or anything from my SA - is there still hope or am I a fool to believe we'll hit that window?

travesty

Dec 9, 2020
VA
Based on the unresponsiveness of my SA so far, can anyone confirm if there is something they have to do after VIN assignment for it to move to the next step? In other words, if someone locally drops the ball on something, can it delay my delivery?

adregia

Nov 30, 2019
Irvine, CA
Based on the unresponsiveness of my SA so far, can anyone confirm if there is something they have to do after VIN assignment for it to move to the next step? In other words, if someone locally drops the ball on something, can it delay my delivery?
If you haven't gotten a link to schedule a delivery, calling your delivery center may expedite the process and allow you to schedule.

AtlantaMCR

Aug 12, 2017
Atlanta
I was scheduled for Monday here in Atlanta and got the text saying it’s on-site. I clicked on the link and took the first available which was Saturday at 1P. Decatur, GA.
This is our 8th Tesla and I’m fired up!!!

Reactions: Marcavelli650

StephenSegari

Oct 20, 2020
Madisonville, LA
I was scheduled for Monday here in Atlanta and got the text saying it’s on-site. I clicked on the link and took the first available which was Saturday at 1P. Decatur, GA.
This is our 8th Tesla and I’m fired up!!!
Nice! I'm down in S. Louisiana, and my SA told me my car would be sent to GA, then scheduled for delivery down my way. (All around the 22-23rd-ish) But maybe it will be sooner :)

Reactions: AtlantaMCR

adregia

Nov 30, 2019
Irvine, CA
I don't even get any communication from my SA. Last year, I had several emails and texts about orientation, getting ready, incoming delivery, etc. They even sent out a text to select dates in which you would NOT be available, in case your delivery arrived inconveniently.

This time, not so much as a peep except about rushing to finish the financing, which, as we all know, has a tendency to expire before delivery.

Puku88

Sep 27, 2020
Minnesota
I don't even get any communication from my SA. Last year, I had several emails and texts about orientation, getting ready, incoming delivery, etc. They even sent out a text to select dates in which you would NOT be available, in case your delivery arrived inconveniently.

This time, not so much as a peep except about rushing to finish the financing, which, as we all know, has a tendency to expire before delivery.

this is my first rodeo. I don’t know anything other than Pain... don’t tease me with the idea this could actually be enjoyable ;)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC