Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time to leave the waiting room, just picked her up in Buena Park California!

Definitely appreciate the Tesla community for making the wait bearable!

Now I just need to get a clear bra, make an appointment at @unpluggedperformance to get the moderate springs and front lip installed and hopefully by the end of the month put on some signature wheels..
97BC70D6-AF8C-4684-A14E-C73BF0EA84A8.jpeg

Yes, I’m all in and have chugged the Tesla kool aid!

Now I just need to get a clear bra, make an appointment at @unpluggedperformance to get the moderate springs and front lip installed and hopefully by the end of the month put on some signature wheels.. View attachment 616402

I'm a short drive away; maybe just drop it off with the keycards? :D

• Funny
Reactions: Fizzyo

Now I just need to get a clear bra, make an appointment at @unpluggedperformance to get the moderate springs and front lip installed and hopefully by the end of the month put on some signature wheels.. View attachment 616402

What was your order date?

Reactions: CA4Fun
I checked last night and saw that I had a VIN on my account. I reached out to my Tesla rep this morning and about an hour later I received the Tesla text to schedule delivery. I had two options, the 18th and 19th. I chose the 19th. I get an email from my rep shortly after saying its great that I received my VIN and I can schedule delivery now for the 22nd, 23rd or 24th. I let him know I received the text already and he noted that he just saw that in the system however they need to inspect the vehicle. Below is the email I received from him. Anyone know what is going on? Seems strange they need over 3 days to inspect the car and prep it...

Email 1:
The estimated arrival time for the VIN assigned to your order is December 19th. If there is any delay with logistics and the vehicle ETA changes, we will keep you up to date as soon as we find out. We give our vehicle readiness team 48 hours to complete vehicle inspection and ensure the vehicle is prepped and ready for your delivery. This would give us a tentative 3-day delivery window of the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. If we can complete vehicle readiness sooner than expected, we will reach out to see if you're able to pick up. Which day would work for you to schedule your tentative delivery appointment?

Response to me pointing out I schedule December 19th:

I see that message as well. It won't be possible on the 19th though since we will need to complete vehicle inspection and make sure the car is ready for you to pickup. If we can complete inspection and vehicle prep sooner, we will want to get you delivered as soon as possible but for now, our delivery window would be the 22nd, 23rd, or 24th. Any of those days work best?

o_Oo_O

congrats, great spec , I ordered the same white/white.

I have the unplugged super performance springs, adjustable rear camber arms and street/track front/rear sway bars waiting in the garage for the install.

now just need the car o_O

Reactions: SeniorChief
It’s because they will be knee deep in cars by then. They can only process do many at a time. Have everything ready as they may call or text you for an earlier appointment.

I checked last night and saw that I had a VIN on my account. I reached out to my Tesla rep this morning and about an hour later I received the Tesla text to schedule delivery. I had two options, the 18th and 19th. I chose the 19th. I get an email from my rep shortly after saying its great that I received my VIN and I can schedule delivery now for the 22nd, 23rd or 24th. I let him know I received the text already and he noted that he just saw that in the system however they need to inspect the vehicle. Below is the email I received from him. Anyone know what is going on? Seems strange they need over 3 days to inspect the car and prep it...

Email 1:
The estimated arrival time for the VIN assigned to your order is December 19th. If there is any delay with logistics and the vehicle ETA changes, we will keep you up to date as soon as we find out. We give our vehicle readiness team 48 hours to complete vehicle inspection and ensure the vehicle is prepped and ready for your delivery. This would give us a tentative 3-day delivery window of the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. If we can complete vehicle readiness sooner than expected, we will reach out to see if you're able to pick up. Which day would work for you to schedule your tentative delivery appointment?

Response to me pointing out I schedule December 19th:

I see that message as well. It won't be possible on the 19th though since we will need to complete vehicle inspection and make sure the car is ready for you to pickup. If we can complete inspection and vehicle prep sooner, we will want to get you delivered as soon as possible but for now, our delivery window would be the 22nd, 23rd, or 24th. Any of those days work best?

Seems strange they need over 3 days to inspect the car and prep it...
There is the basic stuff like they have to clean and detail it.

But it's also possible that they are doing a final QA pass on it, adjusting panels and checking that everything works, fixing stuff.

And on top of that I'm sure they are swamped.

I bet the people getting theirs a bit early are the ones that came off the truck perfect.

I have the exact same car in every way. Picked up yesterday. Will you please check two things for me.
1. The gaps in the frunk, one side is a bit wider than the other.
2. The right-front passenger window does not go up all the way. There is an "inflatable" rubber trim piece at the top that the window is supposed to push up into, mine just stops a bit before the seal. Also, another weird item, look closely at the top corners of the double-paned glass. The driver's side is very rounded and wider, and the passenger side comes to a point. The windows aren't the exact size it seems.

Ordered: 10/17/20
Specs: M3P, W/W, FSD
Initial Est.: 11/21/20-12/19/20
Current Est.: 11/26/20-12/19/20
Received two text messages, newest one says: 2-4wks.
Vin: No

* Spoke with customer service via phone yesterday and told to expect a Vin # within the first 10 days of December.

They were very confident about delivery before Christmas.

So, the first 10 days of December will be over today. No VIN number. Delivery date just keeps notching forward [today's date] - 12/19/20.

Aggravated. This does not feel like good customer service. With tax, this car is costing me over $70,000.