Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed “2021” Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

eisenb11

Dec 11, 2020
Redondo Beach, CA
I can certainly relate. I am in the same situation. My lease ended and I am renting for past 4 weeks.

I relate to you relating. My previous car (an Audi A5) was totalled last month, and I decided to order a Tesla as a replacement. I got two weeks of rental car use from insurance, but that ran out and now I am on 2+ weeks of uber / sharing a car with my wife. My f5 button will soon lose its paint.

I relate to your relating. We should see who has the worst deal on a rental car! lol

The daily rate on the Corolla that I'm renting comes out to about $800/month.

Reactions: CA4Fun

katbc

Jul 11, 2020
British Columbia
I relate to you relating. My previous car (an Audi A5) was totalled last month, and I decided to order a Tesla as a replacement. I got two weeks of rental car use from insurance, but that ran out and now I am on 2+ weeks of uber / sharing a car with my wife. My f5 button will soon lose its paint.
Our M3P was totalled last month and we have a rental until Jan (sucks going back to an ice). It will be a rough 2-3 months if we don't get our car until March but we know how good it is so we will deal with it, as sucky as it will be to wait.

Reactions: CA4Fun

CA4Fun

Dec 3, 2020
Long Beach
I relate to your relating. We should see who has the worst deal on a rental car! lol

The daily rate on the Corolla that I'm renting comes out to about $800/month.
Ouch. I rented a compact SUV for $680 a month but I had to rent month to month. If I go with a daily rate it's over $800 a month.

_MSR_

Dec 9, 2020
Nashville
Our M3P was totalled last month and we have a rental until Jan (sucks going back to an ice). It will be a rough 2-3 months if we don't get our car until March but we know how good it is so we will deal with it, as sucky as it will be to wait.

How extensive was the damage to your original M3P to get to the total write off stage?

I was very surprised that my Audi was totalled given the low-speed impact of the wreck (two smooshed doors and a quarter panel). The killer was the aluminum frame that only a single autobody shop was authorized to work on - the repair estimate came in at $20k! The other guy's insurance company decided to declare the vehicle a write-off at that point, despite the car being work 2x that. I wasnt complaining.

Puku88

Sep 27, 2020
Minnesota
Are you keeping your original wheels / tires or selling them? If the latter, what would expect them to sell for? I am considering switching to 18" wheels for more pothole/curb forgiveness, but I would want to subsidize the process by selling the originals.

I'm switching to the 18 x 9" FC04 with 255/40/18 all seasons immediately upon delivery... whenever that may be... I'm planning on running the Ubers in the summer, but 18's ride so much better, I might just stay full time 18" - plus they're lighter. We'll see what happens.

Either way, I'd assume you could get 2500-3k minimum for the Ubers with new tires

RB88

Mar 18, 2019
Seattle, WA
Mine switched from Dec 19-31 to "Estimated Delivery: 2 - 4 weeks from order placed date" (which was last week - so I'm not complaining much, you guys have been waiting much longer).

PNW M3P

Nov 15, 2020
Portland
My account still does not have an ETA listed (date range or weeks) but today the SA said he believes we should start seeing P's (in the PNW) by the last week of December.

travesty

Dec 9, 2020
VA
Called my Tysons Tesla, where I test drove and ordered my car from, to ask about cancelling the trade in (I found someone to buy my car). They said no big deal to cancel the trade just let them know.

I also asked if a car that was ordered on 11/21 would be here before the end of the year. Verbatim, I was told that the cut off for end of the year orders was 12/8 and I’m way ahead of that so hopefully it won’t be too long.

10 minutes ago I received the long awaited text, and scheduled my delivery appointment at Tysons for 22 Dec. my config date was 11/22 and VIN match date was 6 Dec. Hopefully you hear something soon!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC