Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking mine M3P tomorrow morning. My first car with car with explicitly summer performance tires and I live in Toronto.

Was thinking it would be ok to drive around on for a bit until my winter tires show up, but after reading some of these comments, I think I'm just going to park it until the winter tires are on it: https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotor...ng_on_summer_tires_below_40f_for_a_few_weeks/

Don't want to run off the road in a brand new car because I couldn't wait a couple days.

Well it was -25 with windchill here yesterday so I'm well past being screwed if I can't get the winters on. Problem with Tesla is their stupid rules that require a VIN to order parts. Don't have a VIN yet so I can't order the TPMS (which are backordered in any case). I also can't ask the SC to put the winters on before delivery (Like every other manufacturer), so have to book an appointment for after. The whole service operation is a clunky mess most of the time.

Well it was -25 with windchill here yesterday so I'm well past being screwed if I can't get the winters on. Problem with Tesla is their stupid rules that require a VIN to order parts. Don't have a VIN yet so I can't order the TPMS (which are backordered in any case). I also can't ask the SC to put the winters on before delivery (Like every other manufacturer), so have to book an appointment for after. The whole service operation is a clunky mess most of the time.

I got my VIN emailed to me about 2 weeks ago, and ordered the Tesla winters then. At first I was worried that they'd be available before the car was and I'd have to find somewhere to store them. But apparently whatever slow-moving process they use to transport the cars from Calfornia is also transporting the wheels from California, because they've been "On their way to Toronto" for almost 2 weeks now.

Hopefully I get them soon. Fortunately I don't actually drive very much at all, so not a big deal. Just mildly irritating to have to wait more.

Guess I'll just occasionally go sit in it in the parking garage for a week.

(Aside, -25C in Edmonton is making my 5C here in Toronto look tropical)

Wow, they really aren't messing around. Quote from the description for these tires:

Note: Tires exposed to temperatures of 20 degrees F (-7 degrees C) or lower must be permitted to gradually return to temperatures of at least 40 degrees F (5 degrees C) for at least 24 hours before they are flexed in any manner, such as by adjusting inflation pressures, mounting them on wheels or using them to support, roll or drive a vehicle.

Flexing of the specialized rubber compounds used in Max Performance Summer tires during cold-weather use can result in irreversible compound cracking. Compound cracking is not a warrantable condition because it occurs as the result of improper use or storage, tires exhibiting compound cracking must be replaced.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+4S

Just spoke with the SA.
Car should arrive at Marina Del Rey (socal) on 12/27 with an expected delivery date of 12/28.
M3P/Red/Black Int/No FSD
Order date 11/22/2020.
No VIN in account and SA didn’t have one yet either.

I got the same config as you. Ordered 11/21 in Tysons VA. No VIN yet either. I called last week and was assured that I’d have a car before the end of the year l, but here on the east coast I’m starting to get concerned.

At least a few P models that I know of have been delivered in CA. Someone in this thread ordered a black and midnight silver and received both the same day. I believe a couple people in this thread in the Bay Area have also taken delivery. Friend of mine spotted one in the wild. The inconsistency is certainly baffling.

Bay Area here! Ordered a black/black second week of November. Reached out to the SA at the fremont factory a couple days ago, he’s pretty sure I’ll get it by the end of the year

• Informative
Reactions: jmbloom_m3p
Sad to hear you canceled your order? Were you trying to get the free SC promotion? If not what's another week or 2 delay?

I submitted it to the SA however he never replied, which I understand. he is very busy with people that actually have vins and DD to tend to. Most likely he will email me back tomorrow saying to wait a few more days most likely. small back story, Tesla has NOT been that great to us to be honest. long story, but its been nothing but failures on their side. *most of the time* which it just never seems to amaze me anymore when things just don't go right with Tesla. so im not even mad, I expect it at this point. for me the delay in another week or two isn't the issue per say, its that, its almost physically impossible for a car to come from Fremont Ca to the Maryland in under 10-12 days. 10-12 days from today would be 12/24-12/26. which I would be cool with. but I still have no VIN, and all the inventory cars, for some reason can't be matched to us or anyone of that matter to a certain degree. and are in *preproduction*. which two of them have been in *preproduction for over 2 weeks now*. I have completely open up to all the color expect blue. and still can't get a vin. The people in Florida that got vins today their cars are on the way. and thats great. just think, Tesla is basing these delivery times with the plan that nothing goes wrong. no delays, from travel, weather, or even the car fitment and QC. when you have less than 3 weeks in the year, you dont have room for error, and we all know that Tesla has issues with logistics. middle America back to cali should be find tho. when you start seeing Cali delivery ramp up that is pretty much writing on the wall for the east coast. they even try to offer me a SR+ and LR. hahah. im not mad they offered that, they're great cars, but its not what I ordered. I appreciate your support tho more than you know. my spouse is actually more mad than I am. I got a long, aggressive talking to about Tesla, and why they are the way they are. hahah I just laughed because I like I said, im just use to it at this point. I would be more shocked if the car came than if it did not. its a great thing the product is great for the most part when you get it. im still a Tesla fan, stock holder, solar/powerwall on the way eventually. I guess in the long post, im saying its time for this nonsense to stop, and do right by everyone that ordered not just some. of course they can't do it all and make everyone happy but they for sure can do better than this, fullfuillig orders that were ordered 2 days ago is kinda bad no matter how you look at it. its wrong. again, im so excited for you guys tho. because if its your first Tesla, you get to see the magic happen when you drive it.

Reactions: c4Lvin
maybe you can drive to Denver for this? 2021 Model 3 | Tesla
I laugh pretty hard at this.... like way harder than I should have. I mean this can be done, but that car is most likely in Preproduction. so its probably not even there. next the model 3 is a great car. awesome car, but its not worth that kinda drive to be honest from VA to Denver. lol and paying $2k extra to move it is a bit much. but I could see that happening as well. I dont mind paying something to transport the car but im not paying 2k extra for that tho...