Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm convinced the estimated delivery range is completely random. Talked with my SA on Saturday (12th) who was convinced I'd have a vin by the 15th. My estimated window has now changed 11 times. Still no vin.

11/24-12/22
11/24-12/1
12/16-12/28
Today()-12/22
12/22-12/31
Today()-12/22
5-9 weeks from order date
12/23-12/31
12/14-12/28
12/24-12-31

That thing is beautiful! Can you please take your time to comment on the build quality since these are supposed to be rushed out ;)
Spent almost an hour walking around the car, looked underneath, checked panel alignments and was all over the inside as well. Not a single flaw. If this was a rush job at least it was done right. No complaints so far. Maybe something will pop up later but nothing obviously wrong now.

I'm convinced the estimated delivery range is completely random. Talked with my SA on Saturday (12th) who was convinced I'd have a vin by the 15th. My estimated window has now changed 11 times. Still no vin.

11/24-12/22
11/24-12/1
12/16-12/28
Today()-12/22
12/22-12/31
Today()-12/22
12/23-12/31
12/14-12/28
12/24-12-31

Lucky! All I get is:

12/12-31
3-5 weeks from order date
12/12-31
12/22-31
Crickets...

Lucky! All I get is:

12/12-31
3-5 weeks from order date
12/12-31
12/22-31
Crickets...
well I guess *if* and I mean with a big *if* we get our cars ours are probably on the same truck or truck load. our delivery dates have been identical for a while. for the most part. but my SA again, said to wait a few more days. then we will consider cancelling

Nice, glad to hear of someone actually getting that grant. They denied me. It was worth a shot.
Max gross annual income for 2 people is about $70000 to qualify. This is a cool program that I only now heard about. The program is available to purchase even used EVs and you can also get charging credits if you qualify. I do hope people who qualify are aware this exists!

Reactions: Marcavelli650
Seriously, how the hell do they assign orders to cars... with a monkey and a dart board?

Only thing I can think of is that most people probably aren’t getting FSD for $10k so that may have put him in a favorable position when they cranked one out with that spec.
lol at the monkey and dart board... that was good. when it comes to FSD its just a software toggle so that normally doesn't have anything to do it. normally if you got FSD it sped your order up because its a great profit margin for them. but that doesn't seem to be in play anymore. as more people without FSD has taken delivery with last min orders over others who have ordered months ago. either way still super excited for the guy! hope enjoys his new M3P

Seriously, how the hell do they assign orders to cars... with a monkey and a dart board?

Only thing I can think of is that most people probably aren’t getting FSD for $10k so that may have put him in a favorable position when they cranked one out with that spec.

Full self driving is a switch. All of these cars are stacked with full self driving capability you either buy it or you don't. You can buy it at any time.

Reactions: derichio02
Max gross annual income for 2 people is about $70000 to qualify. This is a cool program that I only now heard about. The program is available to purchase even used EVs and you can also get charging credits if you qualify. I do hope people who qualify are aware this exists!

Here’s their qualification chart Eligibility - Clean Vehicle Assistance Program

You can make up to $177k as a family... if you have 6 kids.

Reactions: BMCRedMP3
So...I'm excited that it SEEMS like I'll be one of the privileged few who gets their car early. Based on this forum though, it seems like Tesla should probably be more transparent about their delivery times. If they do batch produce models and they knew they weren't going to be manufacturing the M3Ps until the end of the year, they should have told the people who ordered in the fall. Same thing with delivery based on what region you are in. Question for people who have been waiting forever. If Tesla had told you in September that you wouldn't get your car until 2021, would you have still ordered?

well I guess *if* and I mean with a big *if* we get our cars ours are probably on the same truck or truck load. our delivery dates have been identical for a while. for the most part. but my SA again, said to wait a few more days. then we will consider cancelling

At this point it’s weird for me. Part of me thinks that I’ll get a VIN any moment now since they seem to be popping up regularly around my order date (11/21) but the other part thinks we will get to 12/22 with no VIN and it’ll just keep getting pushed back.

I was REALLY hoping that I’d have a new car to joyride around the weekend of Christmas.

At this point it’s weird for me. Part of me thinks that I’ll get a VIN any moment now since they seem to be popping up regularly around my order date (11/21) but the other part thinks we will get to 12/22 with no VIN and it’ll just keep getting pushed back.

I was REALLY hoping that I’d have a new car to joyride around the weekend of Christmas.
I know your pain. SA emailed me again, saying a *large batch of M3's* are about to ship our way. its why a lot the people here delivery times are all 12/21-12/31. I asked in return, well if you see that what colors are coming and are their M3Ps on it? because at this point its really almost to late for the car to make it here if those cars dont start moving this week. the videos im getting show about 5 trucks full of M3s and MYs and some S. however in that video I couldn't see any M3p on it. that was in Tampa. now of course I can every car and detail but these M3Ps are really coming in very very slow waves. keep me update if anything changes on you account and ill do the same. but come the Sunday, my order will be cancelled if im not VIN match. because I refuse to lose anymore money on my current M3 trade because of Tesla nonsense.

Reactions: SpringfieldM3P
Ordered 10/17
FSD W/W
Nothing!! Nothing but broken promises from November that I would have a VIN by the first 10 days of December.

There are other people who ordered on the same day who also have nothing on this thread.

It all seems chaotic and unprofessional to me.
I know your pain. I was told by my SA that late November was likely and early December at the latest when I ordered back on October 20. Now, it's looking like I might even get my car later than I did last year, when I ordered nearly 2 weeks earlier this time.

Reactions: dalton108
I know your pain. I was told by my SA that late November was likely and early December at the latest when I ordered back on October 20. Now, it's looking like I might even get my car later than I did last year, when I ordered nearly 2 weeks earlier this time.
this^ all of this this^. this time we ordered early like way earlier and now we are the last to take delivery its kinda funny when you think about it. like I said at this point, Im not surprised by it anymore. I just laugh because its like why should expect anything better hahaha.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: adregia