Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I would share this for those of us anxiously awaiting the mad rush here at the end.

A member in the Northwest Tesla owners group drove down to San Diego yesterday and reports he passed no less than 36, yes 36 semis heading north to Oregon and Washington on I5. Mostly White Model 3s from the pictures but about 7 trucks of Ys. Hopefully the year end push is real and we will all be pleasantly surprised!

Reactions: Marcavelli650
Looks like everyone that had got the updated delivery estimate from last week , now has no delivery estimate.

I drove by the Fremont factory yesterday and there were a lot of model 3s in the lots that I could see off of the freeway.

Let’s hope this a good sign and all of us on the west coast are about to get our cars delivered by the end of the year

Last edited:
Reactions: SummerlinChiro
New**
12/18-Just received a text advising my scheduled delivery has “unfortunately” been moved back because my car has not “landed” in Houston yet. I checked my account page and my new scheduled delivery is set for Tue 12/22@4pm.
Better than 12/23, but we shall see. TBC I’m sure....
Now...
Account page delivery date has changed from 12/22@4pm to 12/24@4pm.
I mean... What’s the point of a scheduled delivery/time if it’s also just an estimate?

Scheduled delivery dates and times I have had since 12/12:

12/23@10am
12/20@5am
12/22@4pm
12/24@4pm

Looks like everyone that had got the updated delivery estimate from last week , now has no delivery estimate.

I drove by the Fremont factory yesterday and there were a lot of model 3s in the lots that I could see off of the freeway.

Let’s hope this a good sign and all of us on the west coast are about to get our cars delivered by the end of the year

i ordered 12/6 and had an initial estimate of 12/23-12/31. It then went to 2-4 weeks from time of order about a week ago. Then it went to 12/30-12/31 a few days ago. Still at those dates, so I appear to be different than those with their dates being removed.

I’m on the east coast with no VIN, so plenty of other concerns over here. :)

Reactions: Marcavelli650
can you share more about how were you able to secure delivery date? And what was your original window before it disappeared?

The delivery date has been all over the map. I think a few pages back I wrote all the different delivery dates. The most recent one before it disappeared was 5-6 weeks (which brought me into the first week of Jan). MySA was able to go in and see the scheduled build date and estimated shipping date. He scheduled delivery for the following day. Obviously that day is a place holder in case there are any issues. I’m hoping the weather holds up here since on a Monday it could be 50 degrees and on the next day it could be snowing.

I sent several emails to SA over the past few weeks and heard nothing back. Kinda disappointing I must say that before you order and through the process the turn around is quick but once you order they disappear (I guess like the window date...)

normally people in Cali will get their cars before EOY. its much easier for tesla to deliver to you last few days of the year vs across the usa. they will be delivering a lot of cars in cali that last week of December. again so of you will get a vin and delivery date within the same day or the next day. this is normal for cali. now if you want to get a car now, you can get matched to one of those demo cars and you will be all set to go.

i ordered 12/6 and had an initial estimate of 12/23-12/31. It then went to 2-4 weeks from time of order about a week ago. Then it went to 12/30-12/31 a few days ago. Still at those dates, so I appear to be different than those with their dates being removed.
I’m on the east coast with no VIN, so plenty of other concerns over here. :)

I ordered the day before you and seem to be in close with predictions coming/going. I’m also showing 12/30-31 now.
Ordered 12/5 red/white w/pickup in Decatur.
Estimate history 12/20-30; 12/15-29; now 12/30-31 with ‘no dates’ for a few days in between changes.

for rage sake... my coworker ordered 12/9 blue/black and is picking up today.

I ordered the day before you and seem to be in close with predictions coming/going. I’m also showing 12/30-31 now.
Ordered 12/5 red/white w/pickup in Decatur.
Estimate history 12/20-30; 12/15-29; now 12/30-31 with ‘no dates’ for a few days in between changes.

for rage sake... my coworker ordered 12/9 blue/black and is picking up today.

it does appear we’re in a very similar situation. My SA told me yesterday that without a VIN it would be difficult to get a car this year, but I’m skeptical based on the updates in the system. Maybe I’m being a bit optimistic, but some of the southeast folks getting VINs only a few days ahead of delivery are keeping me hopeful.

Socal checking in, delivery window also disappeared here. Doesn't really mean anything, this has happened before and then after a day or two another estimate showed.

Still fairly confident that California will get the majority of their deliveries the final 3-5 days of the year. So we should see VIN's assigned hopefully in the next 3-5 days as well.