Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
am i the only one who wants delivery before the new year so tesla can hit their 180K deliveries for the quarter.?...:)...other than that i literally could care less if my car comes in early January.

As a non-shareholder I could care less about this as it has no tangible benefit for me directly or indirectly. I just want my car, that I ordered 2.5 months ago, before I have to return to work after the holiday. I also want to stop flushing my money down the toilet by paying $800/month to rent a Corolla. Waiting is literally costing me money.

That said, I have no problem with a win-win situation where they hit their numbers and we get our cars. Then, everyone wins!

am i the only one who wants delivery before the new year so tesla can hit their 180K deliveries for the quarter.?...:)...other than that i literally could care less if my car comes in early January.
I am with you and would love to help them hit their goal. Ready to scramble to pickup before 12/31 and support. That said, I ordered 10/20 and just want it soon since so many who ordered after have already picked up.

Reactions: dalton108
I'm supposed to take delivery in 2 days......update from my SA: "Looks like your car is still in Sparks Nevada on the train, but ETA in our system says it should arrive here on the 24th."

So closed on xmas, give it one day for prep (saturday), closed sunday... looks like I'll get my car on monday...

but 3 days to go from Nevada to NJ by train? that seems highly optimistic to me

There is a red M3P with white interior available here in the bay area. It is exactly my spec except it has FSD. I was going to upgrade to FSD after I pay tax, title, and fees so that the price to register is less (over 1k more with FSD included in sticker price). Emailed my SA and he said it was mine if I wanted it...but also that my chances of getting the car I ordered before year end is "extremely high." So...I said I'd trust him. Fingers crossed.

Something just occurred to me. Let's say I get the car, then upgrade to FSD for 10k in January 2021. If the FSD is 20k in January 2023, does that mean the value of my car went up by 10k? Hmmmm.

There is a red M3P with white interior available here in the bay area. It is exactly my spec except it has FSD. I was going to upgrade to FSD after I pay tax, title, and fees so that the price to register is less (over 1k more with FSD included in sticker price). Emailed my SA and he said it was mine if I wanted it...but also that my chances of getting the car I ordered before year end is "extremely high." So...I said I'd trust him. Fingers crossed.

Something just occurred to me. Let's say I get the car, then upgrade to FSD for 10k in January 2021. If the FSD is 20k in January 2023, does that mean the value of my car went up by 10k? Hmmmm.

That is my exact configuration too, minus FSD. Is it a demo car? If not, then usually those vehicles are already earmarked for an existing order.

I did. A little after that post I was told the truck with my car has been stationary for a “while.” Just outside (about an hour) of Houston. He speculated that the driver may have been maxed out on his time, and was resting. *Mark/Mark*
I was told they expected the truck to arrive today, and that it was possible I may even be able to take delivery today, depending on the truck’s arrival time. If not today, definitely tomorrow. I was promised a call back some time today to let me know what was going on.
*Mark/Mark* - I was literally at the *Mark location of typing this when Tesla called me. I was told that the truck has not moved and they don’t know what is going on with it. That hopefully it will deliver overnight or early in the morning, and if so, I should expect to take delivery tomorrow. So we shall see. Fingers crossed!

Any news? I've got a delivery date of the 24th for my LR. Wouldn't mind it being sooner though. @MelsM3P has a delivery date after Christmas but maybe his is on these delivery trucks too.

no it doesn't. Currently no one outside of Tesla values FSD at the high level that Tesla does. in most cases, it adds like 2-3k in value. its plenty of threads about that and people on twitter upset about it. however I do know that Tesla does value it and my trade was higher than others without FSD. once FSDBETA is in wide release and has more bugs worked out, with very low interventions. maybe then. but I wouldn't expect you to gain 10k increase in value from it tho in 2-3 years later. but we shall see in the time to come.

no it doesn't. Currently no one outside of Tesla values FSD at the high level that Tesla does. in most cases, it adds like 2-3k in value. its plenty of threads about that and people on twitter upset about it. however I do know that Tesla does value it and my trade was higher than others without FSD. once FSDBETA is in wide release and has more bugs worked out, with very low interventions. maybe then. but I wouldn't expect you to gain 10k increase in value from it tho in 2-3 years later. but we shall see in the time to come.
I can dream! That's okay...not why I'm getting it anyways but just a thought.

Reactions: Tholland
look, the smartest guy in the room with the most insight is Elon on how much FSD is worth...and he is saying its worth 100K...thats good enough for me...i just paid 8K for it and I see it as a investment just like buying TSLA stock years ago when nobody was a believer ...i fully expect my 8K to be worth 32-40K in the future.

Ordered 11/11, MSM M3P in CA (Central Valley). My close friend from college is actually my SA. Soft matched weeks ago with factory build/gate date scheduled for 12/27 and delivery to my local delivery center is estimated as 12/28.

My estimated delivery was originally 12/23-12/31 but just updated this morning to 12/21-12/31. Either I’m going to get re-matched with a reject/cancellation or production is still on schedule. My friend also said that most builds coming out of the factory now should have the new headlights.

Just figured I’d share since I’ve been following this thread for the last month, but never contributed (since it seemed like the focus was on East Coast deliveries). The factory is beginning the majority of California builds today and will likely ramp up on Thursday.
TeslaStatus.jpg

I'm supposed to take delivery in 2 days......update from my SA: "Looks like your car is still in Sparks Nevada on the train, but ETA in our system says it should arrive here on the 24th."

So closed on xmas, give it one day for prep (saturday), closed sunday... looks like I'll get my car on monday...

but 3 days to go from Nevada to NJ by train? that seems highly optimistic to me
I dont know why your car is even on a train to Nevada. normally they go to Chicago and the to northeast/mid-atl area.

look, the smartest guy in the room with the most insight is Elon on how much FSD is worth...and he is saying its worth 100K...thats good enough for me...i just paid 8K for it and I see it as a investment just like buying TSLA stock years ago when nobody was a believer ...i fully expect my 8K to be worth 32-40K in the future.
I agree with this, im with you. I got Tesla stock a long time ago. and have held it. I have see ups and down. I dont doubt it will go up but in value. but the hard thing to see right now, is the people who bought FSD years ago on like S/X and then traded in for a new one and how to pay again for FSD. I think at least they need to bring FSD transferring to Tesla. that would show the value in it. in my opinion. again I agree it will increase in value once they get FSD working to a very safe and confident manner. we are still a little ways from that. but it will come.

I agree with this, im with you. I got Tesla stock a long time ago. and have held it. I have see ups and down. I dont doubt it will go up but in value. but the hard thing to see right now, is the people who bought FSD years ago on like S/X and then traded in for a new one and how to pay again for FSD. I think at least they need to bring FSD transferring to Tesla. that would show the value in it. in my opinion. again I agree it will increase in value once they get FSD working to a very safe and confident manner. we are still a little ways from that. but it will come.
It's a great point. It might very well be worth more later if it succeeds and becomes sought after. If you believe it will get better and more widely accepted, it will probably increase the value of your car. Elon & co. landed rockets from space. He tends to deliver on concepts...perhaps not on the timelines projected but the concepts become real. I suspect optimistic timelines are a mechanism to deliver faster than what was previously thought possible. Imagine a medium smart kid shooting for a C in chemistry. They will get a C. But if they shoot for an A, they may end up with a B. I've seen this metaphorical strategy used before in business and it's part of why I kind of don't mind the sometimes over-optimism of Tesla. But that's just me.