Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since there has been some discussion on the number of M3P's being produced, I thought I would look at the data from the Teslike order tracker to see how performance orders have trended over time. Assuming the order tracker represents the market overall, it appears that M3p's make up about 20% of the trim levels ordered on an annual basis, but there is a lot of variability quarter to quarter. For example, M3P's made up 17% of the M3 orders in 2019 Q1 vs 44% in Q3. This variability in orders may account for some of the challenges in getting out our trim line relative to other ones.
Tesla.jpg

Other observations
- The other trim lines are trending up for the number of orders, whereas M3P has stayed relatively flat
- COVID put a huge dent in Q2 orders overall

Based on the unresponsiveness of my SA so far, can anyone confirm if there is something they have to do after VIN assignment for it to move to the next step? In other words, if someone locally drops the ball on something, can it delay my delivery?

Based on the unresponsiveness of my SA so far, can anyone confirm if there is something they have to do after VIN assignment for it to move to the next step? In other words, if someone locally drops the ball on something, can it delay my delivery?
If you haven't gotten a link to schedule a delivery, calling your delivery center may expedite the process and allow you to schedule.

I was scheduled for Monday here in Atlanta and got the text saying it’s on-site. I clicked on the link and took the first available which was Saturday at 1P. Decatur, GA.
This is our 8th Tesla and I’m fired up!!!
Nice! I'm down in S. Louisiana, and my SA told me my car would be sent to GA, then scheduled for delivery down my way. (All around the 22-23rd-ish) But maybe it will be sooner :)

Reactions: AtlantaMCR
I don't even get any communication from my SA. Last year, I had several emails and texts about orientation, getting ready, incoming delivery, etc. They even sent out a text to select dates in which you would NOT be available, in case your delivery arrived inconveniently.

This time, not so much as a peep except about rushing to finish the financing, which, as we all know, has a tendency to expire before delivery.

I don't even get any communication from my SA. Last year, I had several emails and texts about orientation, getting ready, incoming delivery, etc. They even sent out a text to select dates in which you would NOT be available, in case your delivery arrived inconveniently.

This time, not so much as a peep except about rushing to finish the financing, which, as we all know, has a tendency to expire before delivery.

this is my first rodeo. I don’t know anything other than Pain... don’t tease me with the idea this could actually be enjoyable ;)