Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has sent the following a few times - tomorrow, delivery, hopefully. Ordered 10.26.20

"Tesla Update - Get ready to meet your Model 3!

Before delivery day, please watch your vehicle introduction videos at tesla.com/meetyourtesla to familiarize yourself with your Model 3.

Your delivery day will be touchless or minimal contact. Check in, sign and complete any outstanding documents, watch tutorial videos in your car as needed, and drive."

Reactions: CA4Fun
More than that. 1 black, 2 MSM, 1 white. All have white interior.

Are you sure you’re filtering on the Performance version and new cars only? I’m doing a search within 200 miles of 90277 and only had that one pop up.

That said, looks like someone snatched up the black one right after I posted this! So now there are none in inventory.

Edit - never mind, now they’re showing up for me.

Are you sure you’re filtering on the Performance version and new cars only? I’m doing a search within 200 miles of 90277 and only had that one pop up.

That said, looks like someone snatched up the black one right after I posted this! So now there are none in inventory.

Edit - never mind, now they’re showing up for me.

+1 black now; total 2. May have counted wrong before.
2 black, 2 MSM, 1 white

+1 black now; total 2. May have counted wrong before.
2 black, 2 MSM, 1 white
h1xuzt5t79851.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: jmbloom_m3p
There’s a performance in “inventory” in LA right now. Hopefully a good sign.
Just receive text to set up delivery for this Thursday 12/17. I ordered an inventory vehicle this morning from Teslas site. My SA says it’s leaving Fremont tomorrow as it was just finished being built. Maybe this can be a route for some folks. I have previously asked an SA to swap my order to an inventory vehicle for earlier delivery. Although I’m still a bit confused as the “inventory” vehicle was listed as being in Los Angeles but it was just coming off the line in Fremont.
So frustrating. I am almost considering switching to one of these.

I feel like my SA is clueless. I text messaged the number that updated me on my new delivery location. They responded to expect delivery next week in accordance with initial estimate.

I am in the Bay Area. White/white originally ordered September , updated to 2021 model 10/26.

My profile has no VIN and no timeframe

I feel like my SA is clueless. I text messaged the number that updated me on my new delivery location. They responded to expect delivery next week in accordance with initial estimate.

I am in the Bay Area. White/white originally ordered September , updated to 2021 model 10/26.

My profile has no VIN and no timeframe
Somehow I don't think "12+ weeks" is in accordance with the original estimate.

If I were you guys, this is the same thing I did, I would call your SA and have them put you on one of those Inventory vehicles. My SA added the VIN to my account this morning, so that's how I was able to get one. Luckily he saw it and was able to put it on there for me.

Yesterday I got all excited about seeing a new M3P with the exact configuration that I ordered at my local dealer. After calling them up to inquire if it was on the lot they said that it is a preproduction model that the dealer ordered and that I should keep my order in place so I could get the 1 year supercharging. This leads to a couple of conclusions:

1) the m3p's people that are popping up all over the place likely reflect dealer orders of new model year and that they may later in the cue - of course everyone should call their SA to inquire
2) we may be eligible to receive the year of supercharging that was discussed elsewhere for models on the lot ie the '2020's' even though ours are ordered '2021' models
3) if we don't get our orders fulfilled by the end of the year we should ask for #2 to be extended as a makegood / goodwill gesture

Last edited:
@adregia I went to the tracker sheet below and sorted by VIN number to see if there was any pattern to production, and it seems that they batch and cycle through model types in production. I didnt see any evidence for batching colors, and it just seems that some colors are just less common like your red, and my black. Regardless, you should have a look and report back if you come to a different conclusion
Teslike Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker #1 - Google Sheets

Reactions: BMCRedMP3
@adregia I went to the tracker sheet below and sorted by VIN number to see if there was any pattern to production, and it seems that they batch and cycle through model types in production. I didnt see any evidence for batching colors, and it just seems that some colors are just less common like your red, and my black. Regardless, you should have a look and report back if you come to a different conclusion
Teslike Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker #1 - Google Sheets
Good thinking. When I sorted by VIN number, however, there were definitely some trends surrounding colors in batches, especially where there was more data (more orders submitted) (i.e., three MSM's in a row, 6 whites in a row, etc.). While it does appear to be somewhat random in places, this could be caused by a multitude of factors, including and especially a lack of data.

EDIT: To be clear, I believe they may have batches of each trim level, and sub-batches of colors within those trim level batches.