Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooo the saga continues. Was scheduled for delivery next Monday but called today and was told my vehicle will arrive on Wednesday but they’re closed Thursday. I said why? This area going to have a winter snow storm Wednesday and Thursday. SMH ... I scheduled for Friday but I am not sure if the streets will clear enough to drive on.

• Disagree
Reactions: _MSR_
@adregia Looking at the Order tracker it seems that there are duplicates of a number of VINs despite having some differing order details, so I am not sure what to make of that. For example:

teslice Springfield NJ USA 11 Nov 2020 12 Dec 2020 Manage order page (normal text) 858,355
jmoorhouse Lone Tree CO USA 23 Oct 2020 12 Dec 2020 Manage order page (normal text) 858,355
Eren_G Marion County FL USA 14 Oct 2020 13 Dec 2020 Manage order page (normal text) 858,355

Took delivery yesterday, panel gaps were pretty good overall. Had one front bumper sensor not flushed with the bumper which was fixed in 10 mins. Currently getting Xpel stealth installed and then tint next.

Attachments

• IMG_3232.jpeg
    IMG_3232.jpeg
    717.7 KB · Views: 92
  • A1FDA2A2-F355-45BB-BFBC-7C6B7ABFF81C.jpeg
    A1FDA2A2-F355-45BB-BFBC-7C6B7ABFF81C.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3234.jpeg
    IMG_3234.jpeg
    780.6 KB · Views: 89
what’s the benefit of the BT TPMS sensors over the stock ones?
Less parts for Tesla BOM/margin. Car already has a BT radio in it. No need for a separate radio receiver at each wheel well and associated wiring, etc. Saves cost, and weight. No real difference on our end. But a PITA in to get right now as only Tesla sells them currently (and maybe T Sportline with wheelsets).

Reactions: Contrails
Okay...I did this and found a 17 character number. So...what can I do with now besides update my insurance?
Just ordered and now I hang out with you all.

San Francisco Bay area
12/11 order date
2 - 3 week estimated delivery
Red with white interior, no FSD
This guy! Closer to the factory, ordered 3 days ago, and somehow has a VIN number with almost the same configuration as me and many others, I'm sure, who've been waiting 8+ weeks with nothing.

Reactions: Marcavelli650
That's your VIN, which means you are likely to get an update to schedule delivery soon. You can also use the VIN to purchase things like TPMS from your SC if you are doing winter wheels, etc.

Holy crap. So I have hope. I kind of don't have hope since so many people have been waiting so long. 2 things maybe happening here. 1 - I'm lucky since I live in the Bay area. Or 2 they batch the models as someone said earlier and they are just now getting to the 2021 performance trim (in that sense I'm still lucky I guess).

@adregia Looking at the Order tracker it seems that there are duplicates of a number of VINs despite having some differing order details, so I am not sure what to make of that. For example:

teslice Springfield NJ USA 11 Nov 2020 12 Dec 2020 Manage order page (normal text) 858,355
jmoorhouse Lone Tree CO USA 23 Oct 2020 12 Dec 2020 Manage order page (normal text) 858,355
Eren_G Marion County FL USA 14 Oct 2020 13 Dec 2020 Manage order page (normal text) 858,355

If you enter your vin with the last digits as XXXX, it'll randomize the number

Reactions: adregia