Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 619911 View attachment 619912 View attachment 619913 Got my car last night in Nashville. The inspection process kind of sucked because it was very difficult to assess the car because it was dark outside (5:30pm), the lot was poorly lit, and the car was covered in mist. I was assured by the advisor i could still return it within 24hrs if disatisfied provided the vehicle was under 100mi. So I did a quick global inspection at the lot, signed my paperwork and brought it to my Dads garage to inspect carefully.

I am happy to report that there were no major issues, and the paint and panel gaps were excellent.

Now I just have to wait for my Dad to detail it
Wow, what a nice Vette. Sorry, wrong forum, but what a beauty.

Reactions: _MSR_
And, my delivery estimate (still no VIN) which changed to 12/22-12/31 about a week ago after having gone back and forth with weeks and dates type estimates that targeted exactly the same time range either way, so why change it and completely confused. Changed again this AM to 12/21-12/31. Really. They waited until 12/21 to change the beginning of my range from 12/22 to 12/21. Wow that must be some seriously terrible logistics software. I know everyone is anxious and rightfully annoyed, especially when trying plan their lives around a significant asset/financial transaction. But this is like we need a youtube video comedy routine. I can’t believe nobody has trolled them yet with this stuff. If it is not your car or not negatively impacting your life because you can wait, it is pretty funny.

I can wait and it is ok but it is just laughably bad for a technology first, we are a platform, our software means the cars go up in value as we add features, company.

Hell I can order loads of low value random goods out of China and know its entire life cycle until it hits my doorstep. Pretty amazing EM would put up with a system that gives him so little visibility on hitting his quarterly numbers given he has literally billions of stock value riding on those numbers and the markets are merciless on this stuff (and we can all have a long rant on short term vs long term and whether public stock quarterly numbers should drive stocks and CEO decisions).

and back to waiting... hope you all get yours soon.
And now back to 12/22-12/31. This is just hilarious illusion of precision.

Reactions: westernvine
And my dates gone again. Sigh.

Spoke with my SA who stated that my account still shows available to VIN match but no cars around to match to. He wasn’t sure how it would be possible for me to get a car in 2020. When i asked if that meant i would get a car in early January his response was “ January....or February”

I’m not sure what to believe at this point.

So for those of us WITH a delivery date, is there a chance that we can take delivery early?

In theory, if someone decides to not pick up their car or rejects their car, then it goes back into the queue and could get assigned to someone else. I'd rather have my original, later, delivery date then get someone's rejected car, though.

I suspect that Tesla may be shuffling things around to maximize the 4Q deliveries - possible that they start redirecting cars to CA and nearby states because they can sell those off faster in the few remaining days - that might move your date to the left... maybe.

I also suspect that us, CA folks, will be pinned to the right because we're the easy ones to unload on at the very end.

View attachment 619911 View attachment 619912 View attachment 619913 Got my car last night in Nashville. The inspection process kind of sucked because it was very difficult to assess the car because it was dark outside (5:30pm), the lot was poorly lit, and the car was covered in mist. I was assured by the advisor i could still return it within 24hrs if disatisfied provided the vehicle was under 100mi. So I did a quick global inspection at the lot, signed my paperwork and brought it to my Dads garage to inspect carefully.

I am happy to report that there were no major issues, and the paint and panel gaps were excellent.

Now I just have to wait for my Dad to detail it
Looks amazing. same config as mine that I am still waiting for. How did you get the red Tesla emblem?

So for those of us WITH a delivery date, is there a chance that we can take delivery early?
I’d guess no based on my 22 Dec delivery date getting pushed back a day. I got an automated call this morning at 0900 asking to confirm my delivery for 1600 tomorrow, along with a text:

Tesla Delivery Appointment: Please reply YES to confirm your Model 3 delivery on 12/22/2020 at 4:00 PM Please log in to tesla.com/teslaaccount to review additional appointment details and complete any outstanding tasks prior to your appointment. Reply SUPPORT if you need assistance.

At 1100, I got another text saying my appointment had been rescheduled due to my car not being here yet:

Tesla Update - Your Model 3 has not yet arrived at our center and as a precaution we are moving your appointment out to 1:30 PM on 12/23/2020 based on your car's current ETA. We apologize for the inconvenience and if the car does arrive on time, we will reach back out to adjust your appointment if you are still available. Thanks for your understanding. Please reply to this SMS with any questions.

Hopefully that second message isn’t just a canned message and the actual delivery time lines up with my new appointment time. I was previously told my car was due in to the DMV area on the 21st, and with the snow that came through last week, it’s plausible that it’s delayed. Fingers crossed, and another night’s wait...

Went from 12/26-12/31this morning back to 12/21-12/31 a few hours later.

I have been seeing many trucks down the 5 over the past few days but mostly filled with Model X and Model Y. In the past, I feel like I usually saw trucks full with the same car. Probably just over analyzing things but figured I’d put it out there.

I’d guess no based on my 22 Dec delivery date getting pushed back a day. I got an automated call this morning at 0900 asking to confirm my delivery for 1600 tomorrow, along with a text:

Tesla Delivery Appointment: Please reply YES to confirm your Model 3 delivery on 12/22/2020 at 4:00 PM Please log in to tesla.com/teslaaccount to review additional appointment details and complete any outstanding tasks prior to your appointment. Reply SUPPORT if you need assistance.

At 1100, I got another text saying my appointment had been rescheduled due to my car not being here yet:

Tesla Update - Your Model 3 has not yet arrived at our center and as a precaution we are moving your appointment out to 1:30 PM on 12/23/2020 based on your car's current ETA. We apologize for the inconvenience and if the car does arrive on time, we will reach back out to adjust your appointment if you are still available. Thanks for your understanding. Please reply to this SMS with any questions.

Hopefully that second message isn’t just a canned message and the actual delivery time lines up with my new appointment time. I was previously told my car was due in to the DMV area on the 21st, and with the snow that came through last week, it’s plausible that it’s delayed. Fingers crossed, and another night’s wait...

Yikes. My date now is 12/30 at 12pm. If it gets pushed back a day then we are looking NYE. Gonna hope for the best.

I am not sure what is going on with my order. I have a scheduled delivery date, VIN, and MVPA. My VIN was removed from my account today and the MVPA disappeared. Nobody knew what was going on, I even called my SA and luckily he was still there. He added the VIN back to my account and said he would figure out why it was removed in the morning. Has anyone else ever seen this?