Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hang in there, I bet you’re pretty close!
You are too kind. Not holding out hope other than my ridiculously close proximity to the factory. I am happy that some local really recent pickups had good QC. Fingers crossed. I am a spoiled fool. It’s not like I am exactly suffering with my current ride.

Just a victim of Amazon Prime conditioning and psychology!!!!

Reactions: Marcavelli650
Seattle, ordered 12/03. Pushed to next quarter, afaict. I'm fortunate to not be time critical, but... This is not the experience I'd expect from a "custom order of a car"

Did your Seattle SA tell you as much, or just a hunch on not having any updates at this point? Lots of radio silence in this region, that’s for sure.

I imagine we would all chill out a little more even if there was some general communication improvement... “here’s what is happening; we want to make sure everything is right; this past week we delivered X cars in the PacNW; thanks for your patience; etc.” - even if not personalized.

Reactions: PNW M3P
Yeah if I don't see anything by tomorrow night, I don't think it will arrive until the 1st or 2nd week of 2021. Oh wells there goes all those free SC for 2021!

yeah I am with you and it sucks. Not necessarily because of the SC but I personally sold my other car already and now driving a car that needs to be returned in the 1st week of Jan otherwise I pay another $500+ for a month...What is crazy is so many people ordered after us yet got their cars...Hard to see how delivery still takes place this year but I guess there are still 4 days to go so there is still a chance as they say

It's funny that someone out in VA i think got their car (Red/Black) that was ordered on 11/30. And here we are in California dwindling down to the very end......gonna be long and depressing wait.
I agree...long and depressing. If this wasn’t covid, I’d be itching to get it now for a winter road trip or I’d be trying to plan my hypothetical vacation around a potential delivery which would probably make me frustrated. But right now I’m just sitting back and waiting. We’ll see what Tesla does...

Did your Seattle SA tell you as much, or just a hunch on not having any updates at this point?
In response to my "I've been punted to next quarter, haven't I" text, my SA replied via voice-mail "It does look like the delivery times have been pushed back on this vehicle. [...] a thing that we're seeing on all performance models right now.[... and then "I'll be busy doing deliveries for others, so sorry if I'm not super responsive"-themed bits ...]"

So while that's TECHNICALLY not "lol q1-4u", and very much isn't that in tone, that's what I'm pulling from it. :)

After updating the inventory page constantly the past two days, a black/white car popped up in the Bay Area about an hour ago. Was able to get ahold of my SA and now I have a VIN! Was thinking of getting black instead of white originally so not too much of a compromise.

However, judging from the way the conversation went, did not seem like I’d be getting my original car soon if I didn’t take this one. There is also a red/white car available if anyone here that’s in California wants to jump on it (assuming nobody picked it up in the 20 minutes).

After updating the inventory page constantly the past two days, a black/white car popped up in the Bay Area about an hour ago. Was able to get ahold of my SA and now I have a VIN! Was thinking of getting black instead of white originally so not too much of a compromise.

However, judging from the way the conversation went, did not seem like I’d be getting my original car soon if I didn’t take this one. There is also a red/white car available if anyone here that’s in California wants to jump on it (assuming nobody picked it up in the 20 minutes).
Thanks for the tip and congratulations! I think that's the 1st RED Model 3 Performance I've seen under inventory. I assume you got that white one? It's still showing up for sale. So do you have to drive up there to pickup?

congrats on getting your vin, just curious, did you get one of the higher numbered vins with the supposed new headlights? I just checked the existing inventory, there’s 2 on there right now in the bay area a white on white and red on white. I ordered black on black, trying not to cave and go with that white on white lol