Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the tip and congratulations! I think that's the 1st RED Model 3 Performance I've seen under inventory. I assume you got that white one? It's still showing up for sale. So do you have to drive up there to pickup?

Thanks! I have black for now but told my SA to let me know if any white cars come available. Just saw that white one appear right after and don’t know what to do lol.

They’ll deliver normally to SoCal since these are just cars that are in or just finished production. So still at the factory and not true inventory.

congrats on getting your vin, just curious, did you get one of the higher numbered vins with the supposed new headlights? I just checked the existing inventory, there’s 2 on there right now in the bay area a white on white and red on white. I ordered black on black, trying not to cave and go with that white on white lol

Yeah it’s a high vin - 873XXX which I believe should be the new headlights.

I honestly think the black looks better and I see so many white M3s. Having owned black cars I know it’s a hassle but like the sleak look. Judging by tonight’s inventory there are some cars leaking through/being made.

Reactions: c4Lvin
Ordered 12/22. Just got my car today with vin 876xxx SR+. Surprised when SA asked if I would like to come down this afternoon to Lynnwood, WA store. Originally scheduled for tomorrow. Has the new headlights. My 1st Tesla so ended up spending 2 hours in the lot looking at everything on a big ole checklist, happy to say everything looked great.

New_Tesla_12_27_2020 2.jpg

Ordered 12/22. Just got my car today with vin 876xxx SR+. Surprised when SA asked if I would like to come down this afternoon to Lynnwood, WA store. Originally scheduled for tomorrow. Has the new headlights. My 1st Tesla so ended up spending 2 hours in the lot looking at everything on a big ole checklist, happy to say everything looked great.

View attachment 621682
Congrats! enjoy. We’re still waiting for our deliveries....

BTW,You should post this in the SR+ waiting Room as well.

Still no VIN, or ETA online here in Socal, ordered 10/31.

SA said this year there are a lot more last minute deliveries but is still optimistic I'll get a car.

My wife picked up her Y, the only notable issues were the window trim had a small scratch and the rear bumper didn't seem to be fully seated under the passenger tail light. If my M3P comes in like that I would be pretty happy! Lol

Ordered 12/14 Central Valley, CA with an at the time 2-3 week delivery estimate.

Emailed my SA today and got this in response:

“I see that the delivery timeline has changed on your account. There is a possibility that you may be able to take delivery, but I do not have more insight at this point in time. The best way to guarantee a delivery by the end of the year now would be to explore our inventory options. Let me know if you have any questions.”

Not looking too likely for an end of year pickup...

Still no VIN, or ETA online here in Socal, ordered 10/31.

SA said this year there are a lot more last minute deliveries but is still optimistic I'll get a car.

My wife picked up her Y, the only notable issues were the window trim had a small scratch and the rear bumper didn't seem to be fully seated under the passenger tail light. If my M3P comes in like that I would be pretty happy! Lol

same here without vin or eta for the past two days. Called delivery center this morning (since my SA disappeared ever since I ordered the car) and they didn’t sound too optimistic for delivery by 31. Really upsetting. Ordered 11/19

Some minor confusion, but my delivery date was just officially moved up from tomorrow to today.

In case anyone else goes through this - I received a text yesterday asking if I wanted to move the date from 12/29 to 12/28. Confirmed. Checked this morning and the date was still 12/29 on my order page. I later received an automated call to confirm my appt for tomorrow... I chose option 3 to have a delivery agent call me back.

Not being a patient person, I called the same number that called me and got a delivery agent. He said that the date in the system was still 12/29 but he'll let the delivery folks know that I can take the car today. Not long later, I received a text saying that my delivery appt is now 12/28. Logged into my account and 12/28 9:00-6:00 is now listed in there. At the same time received emails to tell me to sign my revised lease agreement, which now start on 12/28.

Anyway, FYI for you all - this was a little confusing as their appeared to be a disconnect somewhere, but now is resolved!

12/28: 12/28 <-- Received revised lease agreement, start date moved to 12/28, delivery date changed
12/27: 12/29 (12/28?) <-- Got text that they can move delivery date up a day
12/27: 12/29 <-- Got delivery date & text
12/26: 12/27-31 <-- Got VIN (876XXX)
12/26: 12/26-31
12/25: 12/25-31
12/24: 12/24-31
12/23: 12/29-31
12/23: 12/23-31
12/22: 12/22-31
12/21: 12/28-31
12/21: 12/27-31
12/20: blank
12/18: 12/22-31
09/21: blank <-- Ordered M3P (Note: Account annotated by SA for a Dec delivery)

Some minor confusion, but my delivery date was just officially moved up from tomorrow to today.

In case anyone else goes through this - I received a text yesterday asking if I wanted to move the date from 12/29 to 12/28. Confirmed. Checked this morning and the date was still 12/29 on my order page. I later received an automated call to confirm my appt for tomorrow... I chose option 3 to have a delivery agent call me back.

Not being a patient person, I called the same number that called me and got a delivery agent. He said that the date in the system was still 12/29 but he'll let the delivery folks know that I can take the car today. Not long later, I received a text saying that my delivery appt is now 12/28. Logged into my account and 12/28 9:00-6:00 is now listed in there. At the same time received emails to tell me to sign my revised lease agreement, which now start on 12/28.

Anyway, FYI for you all - this was a little confusing as their appeared to be a disconnect somewhere, but now is resolved!

12/28: 12/28 <-- Received revised lease agreement, start date moved to 12/28, delivery date changed
12/27: 12/29 (12/28?) <-- Got text that they can move delivery date up a day
12/27: 12/29 <-- Got delivery date & text
12/26: 12/27-31 <-- Got VIN (876XXX)
12/26: 12/26-31
12/25: 12/25-31
12/24: 12/24-31
12/23: 12/29-31
12/23: 12/23-31
12/22: 12/22-31
12/21: 12/28-31
12/21: 12/27-31
12/20: blank
12/18: 12/22-31
09/21: blank <-- Ordered M3P (Note: Account annotated by SA for a Dec delivery)
That's great news for someone that ordered way back in Sept!
PS just wondering why did you go with a lease? And are you looking to purchase after the lease is over since there's that possibility now?

It's arrived! We'd been checking our account daily. We ordered Dec 7th (British Columbia). At first the delivery date said "2-4 weeks form order date", then about mid December that changed to "December 22-31" and then last week the delivery date disappeared and said nothing at all!

Last night a VIN and delivery date and time (dec 30th) just appeared in our account! We emailed our Tesla guy late last night and he checked this morning, and yup - it's arrived! He was really surprised, we were expecting it for next quarter. Picking it up on the 30th (it's available tomorrow but we can't get there that soon).

Either someone else's delivery didn't work out and we got matched with the car because of the specs (2021 M3P white/white), or they were able to whip up a fresh one haha.. Will report back here for QC issues.

Checked in with my SA this AM. So, the geo-located delivery window seems to hold true. With zero prompting she said (still no VIN so I will believe it when I see it) I am scheduled for 12/31 delivery given my location. LOL.

It will be a miracle if it happens at this point as far as I am concerned given I still have no VIN or any other visibility.

I did not take confidence from her offering up LR AWD models to me instead.

And I am still just amazed that people who are further away and ordered after me have received their cars. That is just complete nonsense.

Reactions: c4Lvin and royinla
Do you mean you had an appointment booked, or was the delivery window there, and then gone? We had Dec 22-31, then it disappeared and we got an actual appointment a couple days later. See the post before this one. Hopefully you are getting yours!
Sadly I had an actual appointment booked (day and time), which was removed without explanation from my SA. Now it just says "we'll reach out to you to schedule delivery..."