Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gotta say, these Uber turbine wheels look good and are growing on me...I was going to take them off and put my old wheels back on but now I am re-considering...ok a quick poll to distract you guys while waiting...put my old wheels back on?...or keep the Uber turbine wheels on???...my old wheels are 20 x 8.5 and 20 x 10's.

I didn’t like Uber turbine wheels when I first saw the pictures... but they look a lot better in person. I’m going to keep mine, so I vote keep!

We’ll see if I regret that when I do my first real car wash with them covered in brake dust. Ha ha

Looks like Tesla will miss our delivery by eoy. Car is STILL SITTING at the rail yard in NJ. They keep moving the date back and back. At this point if the car doesn’t arrive in MD by tomorrow it won’t happened. And that’s a shame. That ordering in October doesn’t get you a car in time. And to boot, they don’t even know what will happen with my trade in either as that expires once again on the 1st. LoL. Can’t do anything but laugh at this point. Going to go back to lurking. Hope everyone’s has a much better 2021. And hope you all enjoy your Tesla more than we have.

Gotta say, these Uber turbine wheels look good and are growing on me...I was going to take them off and put my old wheels back on but now I am re-considering...ok a quick poll to distract you guys while waiting...put my old wheels back on?...or keep the Uber turbine wheels on???...my old wheels are 20 x 8.5 and 20 x 10's.

LqBHm5.jpg

PEcjd2.jpg

Old!!

I called the Kansas City SC yesterday, and they told me that my car was ~100 miles out on a truck on the way to their location (they seem to be able to check the GPS location of all Teslas that haven't been delivered to the customer yet), and based on that, I was told that they expect it to be inspected today and then flagged for delivery.

The only thing that's still an unknown is the 3rd party carrier, who would deliver it to my door. It's a 5 hr drive, but Tesla allows a 3-day delivery window for their Carrier Direct option.

As a side note, I was told my car was born Dec 13, which is nice to know.

Fingers crossed that they will manage to get to car to me on the 31st.

Looks like Tesla will miss our delivery by eoy. Car is STILL SITTING at the rail yard in NJ. They keep moving the date back and back. At this point if the car doesn’t arrive in MD by tomorrow it won’t happened. And that’s a shame. That ordering in October doesn’t get you a car in time. And to boot, they don’t even know what will happen with my trade in either as that expires once again on the 1st. LoL. Can’t do anything but laugh at this point. Going to go back to lurking. Hope everyone’s has a much better 2021. And hope you all enjoy your Tesla more than we have.

I just got the call that my delivery day got pushed back from tomorrow to 12/31. They said my car will arrive tomorrow after 7pm so I will be able to pick up the car on 12/31 after 12:30 pm. So that's kinda a bummer.

I just finished reading your whole post. Are you thinking that the 12/31 won't happen either? That I'll get a call on the 31st telling me to expect the 1st or 2nd? @Tholland

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tholland
Well folks, it looks like I might be heading out of the waiting room. If anybody's been following my individual saga you know that I ordered on 10/17/20 and am in Nevada.

I finally got my VIN number on Christmas morning and on 12/26 was allowed to schedule home delivery for 12/30.

Well, I just received a phone call from Tesla, the car is here and they are going to deliver it to me early sometime today between 1 and 6 PM PST.

I assure you there will be pics!!

Totally sucks, man.

I got basically yelled at by my SA last night. I contacted Tesla by the chat feature to see if I can get an update on my car since SA was MIA for weeks. She asked me why I do not have an update from the SA and I said he is not responsive. Surprise surprise while talking to her he all of a sudden called me (she told me she sent him a message and he is out of office until today...). Then he started with an aggressive tone telling me what exactly do I want from him and if he knew anything he would have told me. I said I didnt want anything other than an update or response to my emails/calls/texts that he never responds to. I also told him that my exact same car was in inventory 2 weeks ago in LA and if he responded we may have been able to secure it....in any case this is my first Tesla, I am super excited for the car but I got to say, as others stated, that I am extremely surprised by the customer service. Great companies with great products, as great as they may be, will not be able to survive in the long run with shitty customer service. That is just a fact. No doubt Tesla has the edge, as evident by all of us here excited and tracking our cars, but eventually another company (Apple?) will come with a great product AND better customer service/logistics, etc.

Just an observation (and frustration) given I have been waiting now for 6 weeks and my delivery date was gone as of 3 days ago, which seems to indicate no way to get it in the next couple of days, or maybe months to come...

Reactions: c4Lvin
I got basically yelled at by my SA last night. I contacted Tesla by the chat feature to see if I can get an update on my car since SA was MIA for weeks. She asked me why I do not have an update from the SA and I said he is not responsive. Surprise surprise while talking to her he all of a sudden called me (she told me she sent him a message and he is out of office until today...). Then he started with an aggressive tone telling me what exactly do I want from him and if he knew anything he would have told me. I said I didnt want anything other than an update or response to my emails/calls/texts that he never responds to. I also told him that my exact same car was in inventory 2 weeks ago in LA and if he responded we may have been able to secure it....in any case this is my first Tesla, I am super excited for the car but I got to say, as others stated, that I am extremely surprised by the customer service. Great companies with great products, as great as they may be, will not be able to survive in the long run with shitty customer service. That is just a fact. No doubt Tesla has the edge, as evident by all of us here excited and tracking our cars, but eventually another company (Apple?) will come with a great product AND better customer service/logistics, etc.

Just an observation (and frustration) given I have been waiting now for 6 weeks and my delivery date was gone as of 3 days ago, which seems to indicate no way to get it in the next couple of days, or maybe months to come...

I feel your pain man. About Tesla getting competition, those are my thoughts too. It is really making me consider leasing the car instead of buying so I can free up in 3 years for some new tech (although I could just sell the car down the road). Even more, Tesla will offer a new lease program next year.

Im sitting at 10 weeks and 1 day. I've been carless since, and it has gotten in the way of holiday plans unfortunately.

Reactions: royinla