Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they are producing some M3Ps over these last few days. I told my SA to look out for my original build since I tentatively took an inventory car and sure enough one came up and switched this afternoon. Said they have people looking for cars to match orders with. So there is hope for you all but it’s definitely chaotic. Especially if you are trying to arrange financing...sounded like a lot of people were having trouble securing that so maybe that’s why we’re seeing inventory cars too.

The new VIN is about 3000 ahead as the one I took a few days ago so I’m thinking that was the first batch for west coast. I’ve been seeing Model Ys like crazy driving around but not ANY new Model 3s.

Ok everyone I am officially out of the waiting room. Christmas miracles do exist..lol

In all seriousness , delivery was scheduled for today 9am-6pm , received a text at 7pm saying it’s ready for pick up. Got to pick up center at 8pm and was on my way home in about 30 minutes.

had an issue updating the car on the app. Had to use the key card, but by the time I got home they had fixed the issue.

The car looks flawless from the initial inspection. Panel gaps are really good, paint looked great , all functions seem to be working. I will give her a more thorough look over tomorrow.

Delivery center was staying open until 11pm and was not that busy at all. I was the only one when I left.

- Ordered September but declined and updated to refresh 10/26
- VIN 875xxx
- New headlights
-white/white
- No FSD

Attachments

• 39F54A17-A970-465C-8410-32B446D4D423.jpeg
    39F54A17-A970-465C-8410-32B446D4D423.jpeg
    436.3 KB · Views: 73
RC10M3P:10/31 - No VIN or estimate. Orange county, CA.
jmbloom_m3P: 11/4 - NO Delivery Date but VINned
Jeffffffffff: 11/11 - VINned
c4Lvin: 12/09 - VINned/Pickup 12/30 - SoCal
avn1284: 12/14 - No VIN/delivery estimate (Central Valley, CA)
Antweezey: 11/22 - No delivery date/No Vin (Bay Area)
BB987777: 10/24 - Got VIN an hour ago (Bay Area)
westernvine: 10/23 - No VIN or estimate. Seattle, WA
royinla: 11/19 - No VIN, No ETA. SoCal
natman316: 12/20- No Vin/ Estimated Delivery 12/29-12/31 (HAHAHHAHAHA) Bay Area

side note I won't be picking the car up even if they give me one end of the year since I am out of town. BTW has anyone driven a Model Y? Is it much different than a 3? I am considering jumping ship to a Y demo car instead. Initially ordered the 3 b/c I want to try track mode and prefer sedan handling. But seems like Y is pretty much a 3 hatch rather than a true SUV, so wonder if the handling is close. I do intend to do skip trips with the car so Y might be better for that.

Other thing that scares me about the Y is no cargo cover and car break ins is rampant in the Bay Area

I just clicked pay now from the Tesla site and my weird little bank was the 7th one on the list. I entered my banking password and the car was paid for, just like that.

My credit union was on the list, but it kept on erroring out with my account number and password (they were correct). Fortunately, being able to put in the account and routing number manually took care of it. Had to dig for that option though.

BTW has anyone driven a Model Y? Is it much different than a 3?

I drove a Model Y when I did my M3P test drive because I wanted to compare the Performance to a standard Dual Motor and that's what they gave me. The Y sits higher than the 3. I didn't like it though - I didn't like the suspension, it was too bouncy for my tastes, I like a firmer ride... but I'm not sure if that's due to it being a Model Y or due to it being non-Performance variant of the car. I suggest you test drive one before buying to make sure you like it.

Unless you're starting a rather small family, I think the Model Y suits you. Then there's the cool factor of the Model 3 (similar to the likes of the Model S but not everyone can afford) that you simply cannot stay away. I'm seeing more and more Model Y's but looks like all soccer moms or middle aged chubby dudes. IMO I think it's a bit dorky! Sorry if I offended anyone!

• Funny
Reactions: 7879 and Jackspat2
Yep. Did you SA also tell you that they are pivoting the line in January to European models and that you shouldn't expect delivery until march. My guy tried to put me in a M3 and didn't care much that it's not what I ordered.

No, the SA was claiming they have no idea what's up, which I find dishonest, but glad they didn't say as much. I already have a M3P, so if nothing else I'll imagine canceling this is OK and will have to scream if they claim I'm still eligible for paying delivery fees.

Just got this text message - this is ridiculous. Not sure what to do at this point.

Tesla Update - thank you for supporting Tesla's mission as a future owner of a Model 3. Due to high demand and limited supply, we now expect your Model 3 to be built in March - however we may have some similar vehicles available to take delivery this year.

Please reply YES and a Tesla Advisor will reach out to discuss available options and the benefits of taking delivery in December.

Just got this text message - this is ridiculous. Not sure what to do at this point.

Tesla Update - thank you for supporting Tesla's mission as a future owner of a Model 3. Due to high demand and limited supply, we now expect your Model 3 to be built in March - however we may have some similar vehicles available to take delivery this year.

Please reply YES and a Tesla Advisor will reach out to discuss available options and the benefits of taking delivery in December.
Sorry to hear.

Not sure what colors you’re looking for, but a black/black m3p appears to have been put into inventory in the Cleveland, OH area. If you work quickly you could probably grab that one if you want delivery in early January.

Sorry to hear.

Not sure what colors you’re looking for, but a black/black m3p appears to have been put into inventory in the Cleveland, OH area. If you work quickly you could probably grab that one if you want delivery in early January.

Thanks so much, countourrob. I ordered white/white. I'm flexible on the outside but really want the white interior. Not many choices at this point. I texted my SA and we'll see if he has anything new to add to the conversation when we speak today. Hope everyone else in the group has better luck!

Thanks so much, countourrob. I ordered white/white. I'm flexible on the outside but really want the white interior. Not many choices at this point. I texted my SA and we'll see if he has anything new to add to the conversation when we speak today. Hope everyone else in the group has better luck!

sure thing, just wanted to share “just in case”. I was in the same boat with my white/white on order. I ended up switching to a red/black due to inventory availability. I think I’ll really like the red exterior and will probably cover the wood trim somehow (maybe full carbon fiber), as the white interior was also my strong preference but I caved to be able to get a car earlier than March. Best of luck.

- Just got this same text message. Had to cancel. I was trading in a 2018 LR AWD FSD. I will keep it until they get the supply back in order. Ordered on 11/4 - M3P Red/White, Raleigh.

Enjoy your cars!!! I will be lurking until Q2.

- Just got this same text message. Had to cancel. I was trading in a 2018 LR AWD FSD. I will keep it until they get the supply back in order. Ordered on 11/4 - M3P Red/White, Raleigh.

Enjoy your cars!!! I will be lurking until Q2.

Did neither of you have VIN's at this point?

A black on white interior just popped up the Bay Area existing inventory if anyone’s interested!

Thank you! That is my specification. I woke up and saw it this morning and placed an order (another $100) and guess what - immediately got a VIN (873...). How is that possible? Why wouldn't Tesla assign this car directly to someone like me who has been waiting? My other order from 11/19 with NO VIN NO ETA...in any case I was wondering if someone knows:

1. Does that mean I will get the car soon? I am in SoCal and this car appeared in the Bay Area?
2. Will Tesla ever "forgive" the $100 on the original order? Small change at this point but still...

Yup, looks like March it is for those of us who didn't get a VIN. I'll wait till my SA reaches out before cancelling as he is "finding out what's going on", but no way am I going to rent a car for 3 months. At least Porsche had the decency to loan my wife a car for a month when her E-Hybrid was delayed due to emissions certification. Expecting a "tough luck, sorry for the delay" response from Tesla.

Last edited:
Did neither of you have VIN's at this point?
They do not have vins most likely. And if they did, they sure will remove them and give it to someone they can secure delivery on.
@Tholland
You seem to be a day ahead of me on every move so far. Any news from you today?

yeah I had a long phone call with the manager at my DC. they spoke directly with the driver of the truck which my car is assigned to. It will be at my DC at 10am tomorrow morning. I’ll believe it when it happens. They were nice. And answer all our question. They gave good customer service in this case. And that should be noted. Again, it’s Tesla. Anything is possible. I have planned for the worst. To drive 3 hours to the DC and either have to wait because the car isn’t here yet, or they messed up the tag transfer, or the car doesn’t show at all. I’m not getting excited at all. No point. If the car arrives great. Next will be, is it ok, does it have QC issue. Tomorrow will be nasty weather. So that adds to the worry. You know how people are when it rains. Things move slow. So we shall see what happens. How about you @SpringfieldM3P