Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me too

10/22 ordered M3P Red/Black FSD
12/29 got a VIN 879XXX
12/29 paid in full the $70K balance due (am I nuts buying something like this sight unseen?)
12/29 got Delivery appointment at DC 5pm today 10/31
9pm 12/30 text form Tesla: Due to high demand and limited supply we now expect your Model 3 to ve delivered in the first few months of 2021. Account page still showed my VIN
12/31: emailed advisor, and left two messages at delivery center, no response
noon 12/31: VIN went away from my Account page

Look guys, I am out. If Tesla cannot deliver my car in the next few days I will cancel - they still have all my savings you know - perhaps never to return. Its simply put a bad taste in my mouth. Perhaps I'll wait till 4680 or maybe an S class refresh. Or perhaps not

Well, I can safely say that this is the absolute worst situation among us who haven’t received a car. Really sorry about your predicament.

Me too

12/29 got a VIN 879XXX
12/29 paid in full the $70K balance due (am I nuts buying something like this sight unseen?)
9pm 12/30 text form Tesla: Due to high demand and limited supply we now expect your Model 3 to ve delivered in the first few months of 2021. Account page still showed my VIN

Look guys, I am out. If Tesla cannot deliver my car in the next few days I will cancel - they still have all my savings you know - perhaps never to return. Its simply put a bad taste in my mouth. Perhaps I'll wait till 4680 or maybe an S class refresh. Or perhaps not

Man, this is terrible. I share your pain man. I really hope another manufacturer (Apple) can soon compete with these guys, because I’d leave in a heart beat.

For me it sucked because my holiday plans revolved around picking this car up. Now I am stuck with no holiday plans and no car. But it could be worse. I don’t need the car, but for sure still do want it - so I guess I’ll just wait it out.

Man, this is terrible. I share your pain man. I really hope another manufacturer (Apple) can soon compete with these guys, because I’d leave in a heart beat.

For me it sucked because my holiday plans revolved around picking this car up. Now I am stuck with no holiday plans and no car. But it could be worse. I don’t need the car, but for sure still do want it - so I guess I’ll just wait it out.
To be honest I think more would actually leave than they think. Competition is a good thing. I’m excited for the future.

That sucks. And I agree, someone with better logistics and customer care will come forward. Might take a few years, but will def. happen. My only solace for now is that the stock price keeps going up so I cover some of the cost that way...LOL

Uh oh. Isn't today your home drop off day?

Instead of your SA, you might want to give the delivery folks a call. You should have received a text at some point to confirm your delivery. Call that number back and you can speak with a human. Mine was pretty helpful with getting some delivery details sorted.

My gift from Tesla is an appt on 1/15 to fix the dent in my trunk... darn contact-free home delivery. Otherwise, having a blast with the car, so far. My other issues are minor and they can take care of those when they're fixing the dent.
Oh it is coming. I have spoken to them. The latest is “some time tonight”. So about that inspection. Zip. Nada. I basically have no f-ing choice but to accept and see what it all is tomorrow morning. What a cluster. 6:30pm 12/31 and the best I get is sometime tonight and oh, you must accept. And no you may not do delivery center pickup. Wow.

Me too

12/29 got a VIN 879XXX

Sending you some positive vibes, that’s absolutely terrible. The sad part is they probably won’t do anything to make this right. I really hope they figure all this out.

On another note, since my car got pushed back till March, I just checked out and scheduled a test drive for a Lucid!

Reactions: jmbloom_m3p
Sending you some positive vibes, that’s absolutely terrible. The sad part is they probably won’t do anything to make this right. I really hope they figure all this out.

On another note, since my car got pushed back till March, I just checked out and scheduled a test drive for a Lucid!
Holy *sugar* I can’t believe what I’m reading. I’m in the sme boat as all of you.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
Me too

12/29 got a VIN 879XXX

I am in same exact situation as you. I was told the car will be delivered by 4pm and my SA called and told me the wait will be another 2.5 weeks or they can deliver a dual motor non-performance model tonight. I am guessing the good thing is my SA actually called so I can stop starring at the window but this is gotta be one of the worst car buying experiences ever. I am now on the fence on whether I should wait or cancel and ask for a full refund.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
Oh it is coming. I have spoken to them. The latest is “some time tonight”. So about that inspection. Zip. Nada. I basically have no f-ing choice but to accept and see what it all is tomorrow morning. What a cluster. 6:30pm 12/31 and the best I get is sometime tonight and oh, you must accept. And no you may not do delivery center pickup. Wow.
So, who wants a laugh at the eleventh hour. What’s the chance my car is not a QC disaster? Check this out from my SA at 8:35pm on 12/31. And Elliott answering my questions. Short answer: tough crap we are forcing you to accept with no ability to inspect or you can just reject now. Thanks so much Tesla.

B30B0D6F-ACB7-48F9-99AA-11014DFEB52D.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: dalton108
Well, from the pits of despair and frustration yesterday to being vin matched due to my SA being on top of a M3P cancellation and vin matching me late afternoon yesterday, to taking delivery today! It has been quite an emotional rollercoaster!

Thankfully the few issues on the car where pretty minimal panel and fitment issues but nothing major!

And as required, here is my picture. It was the only M3P I saw in the lot.

RC10M3P,

Congrats!!

Any chance your vin ends in 74? That looks like mine. I went to the delivery center to check it out but decided not to take delivery very last minute. Had to go to say goodbye. This is the closest I got to the Tesla experience. Surely an interesting one.

Last edited:
Regarding the Lucid. I hope it works out but I just can't get over how ugly I think it is. I'm literally repulsed by the design of the car.

I’m not a big fan of the way it looks either, but I’ve gotta admit it looks way better in person than it did online. I don’t have any plans on buying one, but figured it would be a good time to be opened minded and see what the competition has to offer, especially after this cluster fudge.

So, who wants a laugh at the eleventh hour. What’s the chance my car is not a QC disaster? Check this out from my SA at 8:35pm on 12/31. And Elliott answering my questions. Short answer: tough crap we are forcing you to accept with no ability to inspect or you can just reject now. Thanks so much Tesla.

View attachment 623056
Tick tock tick tock. It’s 10pm. Do you know where your Tesla’s are (you might need to be as old as I am to remember those commercial/public service announcements)? Still no car at my home. This is truly amazing.

Well, from the pits of despair and frustration yesterday to being vin matched due to my SA being on top of a M3P cancellation and vin matching me late afternoon yesterday, to taking delivery today! It has been quite an emotional rollercoaster!

Thankfully the few issues on the car where pretty minimal panel and fitment issues but nothing major!

Congrats! You got lucky!

I nearly did the same, but figured I wasnt going to cancel my plans for a stupid car haha. Now my account still shows estimated delivery 31st-31st at least I’m on vacation! I will indeed reconsider now, wish there is a good alternative.

• Disagree
Reactions: Les Mann

You were suppose to put the RC10 Worlds Car with it bro.

On another note, there’s a white on black in existing inventory right now in the Bay Area. Current time is 10:20pm if someone wants to give it a shot lol
Maybe that is actually mine? LOL. Still no car. 10:30pm. Do I get a special something for being the last car delivered in 2020? LOL. Seriously I am expecting 11:59pm at this point

• Funny
Reactions: dalton108