Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting seeing the March delivery dates. I was planning to order in Late January, expecting March, but perhaps that's not the best idea.

Normally I'd plop down the $100 to get in line, but I'm hesitant with the rumors of door panel/wheel changes and the heated steering wheel.

Suppose I'll sit and watch for a while longer, but need the car April 1 when our office reopens. Decisions decisions... so many decisions.

Tim

Reactions: nextelmatt
On a better note, looks like, most likely, you guys may get the refresh of refresh with the new door panels. Big *maybe* there. It’s in China made cars now. And heated steering wheels is confirmed in China. Soooooo you guys could get stuff which we didn’t get. Like said, Tesla always does this. So even when these refresh 2021 are refreshed again in 2021 and still 2021 people will be behind again.

Technology you can never keep up.

Also to all those that mentioned they paid cash for their car, I am not here to give financial advise, but I’m going to anyways. Keep your cash and invest it in an appreciating asset , not on a deprecating asset.

Use the banks money at a ridiculous low interest rate.

happy new year everyone and good luck to the Feb- March deliveries, I hope you guys get some additional features.

Technology you can never keep up.

Also to all those that mentioned they paid cash for their car, I am not here to give financial advise, but I’m going to anyways. Keep your cash and invest it in an appreciating asset , not on a deprecating asset.

Use the banks money at a ridiculous low interest rate.

happy new year everyone and good luck to the Feb- March deliveries, I hope you guys get some additional features.

im pretty sure that what I was getting at, that you can’t really keep up with tech. However the sliver lining is, that they could *potential* get an even more updated car than what we got at the end of 2020.

I agree with you on the financial advise. But it depends on the amount. Like in our case, our model 3 that we traded in was paid for, Tesla gave us 46k which left like something 20-23k. In that case, we didn’t feel it was a good option for us to carry the car note for 4-5 year on that amount. However when we bought our first Tesla, we did what you suggested to other. We invested, Actually in Tesla lol :)

Not sure this will help anyone in the Midwest but when I picked my car up in Cleveland Thursday evening the car carrier was still there that brought my car in. On that carrier there were 2 MSM M3P. It was 6pm so I doubt they would have been heading to another service center that night. Carrier came from NJ so those cars could be in inventory in Ohio or a surrounding state.

I called the Carlsbad,CA center where my SA is located, didn’t get to talk to her.. Whoever I spoke with said they did not see the Feb 20-Mar 20 delivery date on my account. I was trying to check on this BS push dates. Looks like they are fake placeholders so people stop freaking out as “much”....

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
For those who took delivery, I just paid my down payment but account still shows the below message (even though it is $0)...is this normal? Also I did not see anywhere to sign contracts or anything like that. Is that a step prior to delivery as well?

Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery

Reactions: c4Lvin
For those who took delivery, I just paid my down payment but account still shows the below message (even though it is $0)...is this normal? Also I did not see anywhere to sign contracts or anything like that. Is that a step prior to delivery as well?

it's NORMAL. especially it takes 2 business days to clear. As long as your amount due is ZERO you are golden. ENJOY and CONGRATS!

Reactions: royinla

I paid mine last sun, took delivery on tue and mine still says that. I’d just ignore it, they’ll update it eventually.

- edit - mine finally went away.

Last edited:
Reactions: royinla
Anyone notice the top

I went supercharging on the 31st and they took out the credits of 400kw? How does that work? With the 1000 miles free that came with the car. Does FREE supercharging start on the 1st of 2021? Thanks and too much joy driving it.
I’m not sure, it took the miles out of mine as well. But that’s correct because the free supercharging didn’t start until January. So from this point on it should not take from the miles.

Reactions: c4Lvin
Never got around to sharing - some good info for whoever may want it.

74 days order to delivery - overall very good fit and finish.

VIN 869xxx with new headlights

Added Fast Wheels FC04 in gloss black 18x9 with 255/40/18 Conti DWS06

We all DONT live in sunny CA - poor car drew the short straw on it's home in life - LOL

IMG_0361.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0365 (1).jpeg
    IMG_0365 (1).jpeg
    791 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0369.jpeg
    IMG_0369.jpeg
    575.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0371.jpeg
    IMG_0371.jpeg
    735.3 KB · Views: 55