Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pics cause it happened. Got the new headlights I think. No real flaws that I could bring up. Maybe a slight spot on the front bumper that won’t be noticeable as I drive it more. The trunk may have a slight gap. Nothing worth worrying about.
Funny how if my memory serves me correctly, you ordered before me, took delivery after me and still managed to get the headlight upgrade! Congrats, that’s an awesome color!

Reactions: SpringfieldM3P
Just got the email to sign the final docs and loan agreement. I see a line that is called "Finance Charge" of about $4K? Does anyone knows what it is? The down payment amount I see on the loan agreement is different than the amount due at delivery that I already paid. Anyone knows and saw this happening?

Potential silver lining for those of us not getting our cars last year, maybe we will get the updated interior and heated steering wheel:

Tesla updates Model 3 with new design accent and heated steering wheel - Electrek

that would be nice, heated steering wheel big plus for me. Wonder if its just software or hardware too. The additional wood trim looks great.

Just got the email to sign the final docs and loan agreement. I see a line that is called "Finance Charge" of about $4K? Does anyone knows what it is? The down payment amount I see on the loan agreement is different than the amount due at delivery that I already paid. Anyone knows and saw this happening?

usually finance charge just means the interest you will pay over the course of the loan?

I got a Delivery Date and they have asked me to pay the remaining balance. Is it possible to pay at the delivery center? (Fremont, if that matters). I would like to check out the car before sending them the money. Or at least pay with credit card rather than direct wire so I wouldn't have a hard time rejecting the car at least.

Also how have you guys paid of the balance? I saw some mention of people not wanting the use Plaid. I am guessing we can call them to do a direct wire instead?

I got a Delivery Date and they have asked me to pay the remaining balance. Is it possible to pay at the delivery center? (Fremont, if that matters). I would like to check out the car before sending them the money. Or at least pay with credit card rather than direct wire so I wouldn't have a hard time rejecting the car at least.

Also how have you guys paid of the balance? I saw some mention of people not wanting the use Plaid. I am guessing we can call them to do a direct wire instead?

I put a down payment on Plaid via ACH online. No issues there. Then took a cashier's check from my credit union to my Tesla Dealer upon pickup for the remainder. Signed one piece of paper and I was out after inspection.

On a side note, look it over carefully. Tesla has been having issues with these third party delivery trucks. My rocker panel on the right side was damaged from offloading. More than likely your doors will be misaligned, but it's an easy fix. I also have a rattle that is coming from the dash when on a rough road. Frunk was also misaligned and adjusted.

Funny how if my memory serves me correctly, you ordered before me, took delivery after me and still managed to get the headlight upgrade! Congrats, that’s an awesome color!

Thanks! I ordered on 11/21. Once I saw that my VIN was 866xxx I was pretty sure I’d get the new headlights. After a few days with it. I love it. Never been in a car so fast in my life.

Also, autopilot blew me away. It just works so damn well. Perfect for the highway on boring roads.

Update - So I was supposed to have a delivery tomorrow. Got a call today from DC saying the car is coming but they know there is a "small" scratch by the passenger door and first will send it to the SC for fixing and it could be a few more days until I actually able to take delivery (depending on the turn around of the SC). I asked if I can take delivery and then get it fixed along with any other items if I find, and they said no because the SC was already scheduled and it will also look at anything else that needs to be inspected and fixed. On the one hand seems fine with me to get the car inspected and ready to go, but on the other hand, does that ring any red flags here? I must note that I found this car in inventory on 12/30 which is the same config as my mid-November order that got pushed to March, so technically someone may have rejected it? Should I care?

Last edited:
Same here. Ordered on November 8th. So end of March estimate is 20-21 weeks from the order date.

I wonder how many Model 3 Performance buyers from this thread got the same treatment from Tesla?

Ordered 11/4
Original Delivery date range 12/15-12/31
Received the "March ETA" text 12/30
VIN Assigned 1/1/21
Paid 1/4
Delivery Appt: 1/6/21

Blue on Black, Performance, FSD

Reactions: TBrownTX
won't the ones that have to wait until Feb-March to get their cars get the heated steering wheel and updated trim on the door and HEPA filtration??...also, anyone think the people who took delivery right before new years have cars with the hardware for hepa filter and heated steering wheel already in place and a software upgrade may turn it on???

won't the ones that have to wait until Feb-March to get their cars get the heated steering wheel and updated trim on the door and HEPA filtration??...also, anyone think the people who took delivery right before new years have cars with the hardware for hepa filter and heated steering wheel already in place and a software upgrade may turn it on???
I didn’t see anything on the 3 getting the HEPA, only the Y.

Heated steering wheel isn’t in place yet. It will be with all builds beginnings mid January and on. Factory planning said they do not get the same things as China, so don’t expect the zero g wheels or the door trim. HEPA filter will only be on the Y and it’s unknown when they’ll be in the US.