Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright, I'm in. I put one on hold back in October because I wanted to take delivery early March. I'm also in Illinois about 30 minutes from Chicago. My SA said it would be about 5 weeks, so I released the order. Getting a blue M3P with white interior. I'm gonna keep the 20's on. I will likely find some all-season 20's and swap them out next fall.

What's the best all-season 20's that will fit our cars?

Reactions: Phlier and TBrownTX
Alright, I'm in. I put one on hold back in October because I wanted to take delivery early March. I'm also in Illinois about 30 minutes from Chicago. My SA said it would be about 5 weeks, so I released the order. Getting a blue M3P with white interior. I'm gonna keep the 20's on. I will likely find some all-season 20's and swap them out next fall.

Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 in 245/35/20

Oof you’ve bigger balls than me haha. Where abouts in Illinois are you? I’m next to Rockford.

I guess I haven't thought about it fully yet. I just ordered the car yesterday... any tips? Conerns with road quality? I should be well under 10k per year and mostly drive in the suburbs where the roads are good.
They’re just really prone to curb rash and scratches, even if you drive carefully. Potholes will also bend them really easily. It’s pretty much unavoidable.

I think I’m just going to sell my 20s and switch to 18s. From what I’ve seen on this forum, a lot of people regret keeping their 20s because they get damaged so easily.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
They’re just really prone to curb rash and scratches, even if you drive carefully. Potholes will also bend them really easily. It’s pretty much unavoidable.

I think I’m just going to sell my 20s and switch to 18s. From what I’ve seen on this forum, a lot of people regret keeping their 20s because they get damaged so easily.

Let us know what you go with. I actually like the looks of the 20s, so I'm kind of resisting any change.

I’ll respectfully disagree.

It’s most definitely avoidable if you don’t hit curbs or large potholes.....
I’d be glad if you’re correct because I’m tempted to keep the 20s and would love to rock them during the summer.

I’ve read dozens of threads on this forum regarding the 20s and have seen people saying the opposite. One guy said the following in a thread regarding rim protection:

“When I bought my Tesla, I thought for sure all you guys that scratched your rims, just didn’t drive well as a result.
Now that I have scratched 3 of the 4 rims, I will apologize to you all.”​

also this:

“I was just so peeved this week, when I discovered a significant phantom rash on 1 of my wheel.

And the thing is, I'm probably at 90th percentile of driving population in terms of curb-awareness. I rarely parallel park, and when I do I give generous berth. If I smacked something, atleast I could blame myself. This time, I honestly have no idea when it happened.

They are 20"s.”​

Last edited:
Reactions: Ralbright
Just looked that tire up on tirerack and while it is in stock, it says 'special closeout'. Are they discontinuing that tire?
Not sure. Sometimes manufacturers do a refresh and this is to close out the remaining stock.

FYI take the ratings on TireRack with a grain of salt because reviews are from a wide range of cars, climates and driving styles. I prefer to get my feedback from various car enthusiast forums.

Got some 18" rims from Tsportline for ~$1400 and some all season tires from Tirerack for ~$700 that also perform really well in the snow so I won't need winter tires. Purchasing TPMS from Tesla on delivery day for ~$350. All together it'll be around $2800 after tax.

I'm planning on selling the 20" Ubers since they'll get really messed up over here in the Midwest.

If you want a full package I'd recommend Tsportline since they sell a full whee/tire/TPMS package that you can put on yourself for $2400 before tax. Their TPMS works with the 2021 Model 3 so you dont need to buy them direct from Tesla. I wasn't a fan of their tire selection since I wanted an all season that performs well in the snow.

These are the tires I went with, if you’re curious: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...ein&tireModel=Quatrac+Pro&partnum=345YR8QTPXL

Any idea how much the Ubers will fetch as a drive home then take off 'new'?

Any idea how much the Ubers will fetch as a drive home then take off 'new'?
I thought I saw somewhere around 3k maybe a little less on the for sale put of this site.

Is there a wiki with the correct wheel size and lug pattern for the 2021 MP3 with hassle free rim/tire/tps packages. I only know of Tsportline. Also if center hub spaces are required and if they are provided with the packages. I need to dig a bit deeper since I know there are some nuances with the M3P brakes. I will dig further after work.

I thought I saw somewhere around 3k maybe a little less on the for sale put of this site.

Is there a wiki with the correct wheel size and lug pattern for the 2021 MP3 with hassle free rim/tire/tps packages. I only know of Tsportline. Also if center hub spaces are required and if they are provided with the packages. I need to dig a bit deeper since I know there are some nuances with the M3P brakes. I will dig further after work.
I got 3k for mine including TPMS in NorCal

Something like a 19x8.5 or 20x8.5 +30mm will be relatively the same as a 20x9 +35. You can also run something like an 8.5 with +25 offset without rubbing issues.