Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know. I suspect that even if my wife happened to be my SA and my mom happened to be her boss, they'd both be blocking my calls.

Tbh, they don’t have very much information to work with, lol. He’s sent me screenshots that I’ve uploaded here and they get almost no updates from the factory too. Most of the SAs seem pretty annoyed since they have to deal with the factory fallout at the end of last quarter. It was beyond their control, they just had to be the messengers.

I don't know. I suspect that even if my wife happened to be my SA and my mom happened to be her boss, they'd both be blocking my calls.

It was explained to me that at the time of your order, everyone is assigned a SA. You can call the 800 number, enter your zip and whoever answers should be able to give you your SA's name.

That's how I got my SA's info. After that we exchanged texts and calls throughout the process. Before I had no idea.

It's odd that Tesla doesn't have each SA self id and connect with you at the outset of each purchase, but they don't. So, you have to do that initial leg work.

Apparently, if you go into a sales center and do an "in person" purchase (which still has to be done on one of their computers) its more traditional in that whoever greets and walks you through it becomes your SA. But it's still not as transparent as a traditional purchasing experience.

We went in person to order my wife's Y. I saw no added value in driving over to the sales/service center to do what I could do from the comfort of wherever the hell I was when I ordered my M3P from my phone. ‍♂️

Good luck!

We went in person to order my wife's Y. I saw no added value in driving over to the sales/service center to do what I could do from the comfort of wherever the hell I was when I ordered my M3P from my phone. ‍♂️

Good luck!

I ordered the my first M3 in January this year. Went into the sales/service center to test drive one as I had never driven one before. Most amazing driving experience I ever had, ordered one on the spot.
My SA, the one who greeted me from scheduling the test drive, gave me his mobile before I left and said to call txt if I had any questions come up.

Outside of the test drive and getting the SA contact info, I completely agree with Dalton. My next one will be ordered app/web.

Reactions: dalton108
Close college friend who is also my SA. Started at Tesla 6 years ago and is now in a senior role. He checks the system for me and pulls up my order and where it’s at in the factory’s planning schedule. 3/4 as in March 4th. It does change quite often though. A couple weeks ago after everyone’s order was postponed, it was showing March 18th.

Yea, correct. Gate date is the date the vehicle leaves the factory. Usually +/- 2 days for final QA and loaded onto a truck/delivery.

Hell yeah! My loan offer expires 3/22 so that’s great news. My delivery date is currently 03/15 - 03/31.

Hopefully our delivery dates will update this week or so like the LRs delivery dates did last week.

I ordered the my first M3 in January this year. Went into the sales/service center to test drive one as I had never driven one before. Most amazing driving experience I ever had, ordered one on the spot.
My SA, the one who greeted me from scheduling the test drive, gave me his mobile before I left and said to call txt if I had any questions come up.

Outside of the test drive and getting the SA contact info, I completely agree with Dalton. My next one will be ordered app/web.

Good point. In both of my purchase scenarios, there were no comparable cars to test drive. The Y's didn't exist at the time of order and no refreshed 2021 M3Ps existed either.

My wife's Y was the first time either of us ever set foot in a Tesla, though we had a Leaf beforehand.

Good point. In both of my purchase scenarios, there were no comparable cars to test drive. The Y's didn't exist at the time of order and no refreshed 2021 M3Ps existed either.

My wife's Y was the first time either of us ever set foot in a Tesla, though we had a Leaf beforehand.

I had my heart set on a new Cadillac V-series. Was going to have one built to spec. Decided to test drive the Tesla Model 3 Performance before placing the order for the Cadillac. Didn't even make it out of the parking lot before I changed my mind.

Tim

Hell yeah! My loan offer expires 3/22 so that’s great news. My delivery date is currently 03/15 - 03/31.

Hopefully our delivery dates will update this week or so like the LRs delivery dates did last week.

How / Where do you find out the date your loan offer expires?

I thought they were 60 days so I ordered with exactly enough time to make it
Until the end of March since I assumed that’s when I would get it by.

60 days seems to be standard

I’m not renewing my loan until I have a VIN

it is 60 days and that's exactly what happened to me back in December. Approval ran out two days before I took delivery. ಠ_ಠ

So, you end up with another hard inquiry and if it's outside of 30 days that's a double hit. That would not of happened to me if the promise that was mean to me had been kept that I would have it before Christmas, but I know you're also in Southern Nevada and ordered around the same time that I did, so I know you got screwed harder than I me.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
it is 60 days and that's exactly what happened to me back in December. Approval ran out two days before I took delivery. ಠ_ಠ

So, you end up with another hard inquiry and if it's outside of 30 days that's a double hit. That would not of happened to me if the promise that was mean to me had been kept that I would have it before Christmas, but I know you're also in Southern Nevada and ordered around the same time that I did, so I know you got screwed harder than I me.
30 days AFTER the initial 60 days causes another hard inquiry? Or 30 days after being approved?

The delivery guy called me and said I needed to apply for the loan to speed up the process. My SA called me later saying that was wrong and I should’ve just chose cash first.

How / Where do you find out the date your loan offer expires?

I thought they were 60 days so I ordered with exactly enough time to make it
Until the end of March since I assumed that’s when I would get it by.

All banks differ, can be either 30 or 60. You can call your SA, who can give you the expiration date.

My credit union just offered me 2.25 on 72 month - beating the Tesla offer. I have no idea who my SA is, but would be curious if Tesla attempts to compete on rates.
Tesla will definitely not match any rates you get from a CU. They just apply on your behalf to various banks and pick the one that gives you the best rate. It’d be nice if they matched rates though!

Reactions: Hilbe