Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m starting to think the Model 3 will have the 4680 cells by the end of this year. It’s making me want to wait.. haha

Tesla have been under promising and over delivering lately. We’re going to see 4680 cells in the Model S and possibly their new “Model 2” in China by the end of this year. This could mean the Model 3 gets it soon after and this would lead to an even longer range, faster 0-60 speed… Possibly ludicrous? :D

I just ordered my P3 a couple of days ago, Blue with black interior, but I'm thinking of changing it. I want a baby blue wrap with white interior. Should I change my order? What do you think? Classy deepish blue with black interior, or crazy baby blue with white seats?
Ordered Feb 4
expected delivery March 11- April 1

I just ordered my P3 a couple of days ago, Blue with black interior, but I'm thinking of changing it. I want a baby blue wrap with white interior. Should I change my order? What do you think? Classy deepish blue with black interior, or crazy baby blue with white seats?
Ordered Feb 4
expected delivery March 11- April 1
The white with blue looks so much better IMO. My father has the blue with black interior and I’m not a fan

I’m starting to think the Model 3 will have the 4680 cells by the end of this year. It’s making me want to wait.. haha
I expect that the 4680 will coincide with the gigacast frame and will likely ramp up to full capacity in a new factory like Berlin before the critical Fremont plant is shut down for retooling. It might even require a body change since the pack dimensions are different, particularly in height.

Considering that just this month Telsa released the most significant refresh of any car in the company's history but kept the old 18650 cells in these radical new S/X models, and considering that the 3 just had it's first "refresh" with the 2021 model, it seems like the 3 is still quite a ways out from 4680's. It certainly will be ludicrous when it finally arrives though, they're going to have a hard time toning it down.

I'm really tempted. The white seats look great. The problem is I can't keep anything clean. I have kids, dogs and bicycles that will go in the car, so I worry that I will spoil the interior pretty fast.... I
Ah that’s true, you could always get some interior detailing done. I’m getting my seats treated with a leather protector when it arrives. Sounds like yours will be tough to keep clean, but if you’re able to put in a few minutes in each day to wipe them down you should be good!

I’m going for white interior I my refresh s. I was against white until now, but I want to experience for myself how hard it is to keep clean, assuming it is a pain. I’ve heard good and bad things about it

also fitting a bike in a model 3 is a very tight squeeze, depending on the size of the bike of course

Last edited:
A few of my buddies have white seats and they look awesome. I was apprehensive about getting them also but they told me to look up "The Red Wine Tesla Challenge" and I was sold. Since they are not leather I plan on using 303 protectant on them and wipe them down weekly as I did with any car I have had.

Something I can’t find the answer to is the internal component difference between the P and AWD LR. Do they have IDENTICAL motors? Only difference is software right?

As of two years ago, the motor configuration was different between the LR and the P, according to Engineering Explained, which he claimed made the P more instantaneously responsive. It's been a while since I watched it, and I don't remember the details. And I don't know it's still true today.

He made a 20-minute YouTube video about it.