Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any idea what to do if you find issues with the car when accepting delivery through express delivery? Is it as simple as making note and taking to local SC? or just straight up refusing?

Can do both. Report on App for minor issues. Major issues I would refuse, but then you’ll have to wait a while for another car. I got a mobile ranger to come fix my door strikers very quickly.

BTW don’t forget to ask to go inside the car before accepting delivery. If the delivery center won’t do it, you can always call your SA. Mine opened the car for me remotely

Really tempted to switch to the LR Model 3 after seeing this…

Hopefully Tesla addresses the issue soon since the M3P is insanely slow with lower SoC during colder temps.

14s 0 - 60!?

It's a battery powered car. Not all that different from an RC car, electric leaf blower, etc. They all have degrading performance as battery voltage diminishes. The only way to "prevent" this would be to artificially cap the peak performance to "hide" the degradation.

Same thing will happen to a LR, it's just not going to be as dramatic a loss, as the peak performance is lower. This is one of the areas an ICE car still has advantages, no power difference at a full tank vs. an eighth of a tank.

The car's software is designed to protect the battery, so naturally performance will degrade with charge level, temperatures, etc. Even with degraded performance, the instant torque and lack of shifting make up for some of the loss.

To me, the extra half a second at peak performance is a fun trick for your friends, without much real world application unless you drag race. I'm going performance for the extra frills including the lowered stance, uberturbine wheels, upgraded brakes, etc.

Tim

Yes but a 14s 0-60 is ridiculous. This is specific to the 2021 model. Hopefully fixable with a software update. It’s due to having a heat pump and the car not warming up the battery enough during cold temps. The 2020 model did not have this issue.

I'm not worried about it, I think they will fix it via software update. First year with a heat pump, they will adjust.

Reactions: TBrownTX and Venom
It’s limited by software. They don’t want the boost to be as fast as the performance.

okay, makes sense. I'm torn white vs gray, I think the white looks much better but with all the accents now black, it kind of kills the "white look and if the car is going to hard dark accents, the charcoal gray may look better. Also torn on P vs non-P. I feel like if I go LR I'll need to buy springs and wheels and I'm just too old to deal with modding cars, but if I buy P, the wheels aren't my favorite and it may not be low enough (hate the wheel gap on these cars!), so I may need to mod either way, so a LR may make more sense. ugh.

Hey Folks! Going to be a new Tesla owner (Model 3 Performance) here shortly. I'm coming from a 2020 m340 prior to that a 2018 S4 and 2014 335xi before that. Looking forward to the change since I've been wanting the Model 3 prior to its release. I just finished transferring my BMW lease this week and now I'm car-less. Right now my Tesla account shows a delivery range of Feb 18 to Mar 18, it doesn't look like a VIN's been assigned yet (used a Chrome plugin to check). Anyone's recent experience of when they're seeing deliveries within this month range?

Does someone have an insider who has better delivery fidelity then what's captured in our accounts?
Yeah, i remember someone in this thread has a friend working at Tesla, who can see a more details than us peasants.

anyone going to hold out for the potential tax credit?

If we get more concrete news and specifics of the bill closer to March, MAYBE. Otherwise I'm not pausing.

Last edited: