Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah it is really weird that they don't give us the option to pick up from the service center. I'm in the same boat that whenever I originally ordered I selected pickup from service center option. I will call to see if I can go and pick it up from there. I might be able to get it sooner and felt like it would be a better experience overall.
Same I selected service center and they insisted home delivery is now the only option. Seems like a waste of money for Tesla to home delivery if they don’t need to.

Yeah it is really weird that they don't give us the option to pick up from the service center. I'm in the same boat that whenever I originally ordered I selected pickup from service center option. I will call to see if I can go and pick it up from there. I might be able to get it sooner and felt like it would be a better experience overall.
Let me know what they say because I would prefer the same thing!

Reactions: hcdavis3
Let me know what they say because I would prefer the same thing!
I called but it always put me through the central team versus the actual store. They said they will contact the store and put in a request but based on my car arriving on the 6th it doesn’t seem like I will be able to pick up before the 9th so I should keep home delivery. Personally, I would still want to pick it up for the experience and be able to show them any issues in person right away so it’s documented

I called but it always put me through the central team versus the actual store. They said they will contact the store and put in a request but based on my car arriving on the 6th it doesn’t seem like I will be able to pick up before the 9th so I should keep home delivery. Personally, I would still want to pick it up for the experience and be able to show them any issues in person right away so it’s documented

Agreed. For home delivery don't they have to drive your car also? Rather drive it carefully myself before I do paint correction and ppf.

Reactions: Bobo Tinker
Ordered black/black M3P on 7/30, original EDD was 8/31 - 9/30; shifted yesterday to. 9/1 - 9/20; today 9/13 - 9/30.

Called up local SC, got soft-matched and delivery is now expected by the end of August. No VIN on file, so take that for what you will.

Also have a Y7 on order and put in a request to accept any color combo; though he said that all deliveries are currently being picked up, at least my name is out there and the 7 seaters are rarer builds.

On a separate note, and one you can completely ignore, this economy is worth watching right now. I'm expecting a lot more Q4 buyers to drop out and cut back on extravagant expenses after the uncertainly from the eviction moratorium and a potential Fed taper, along with a potential flood of 21's getting chips and offering a "buy it now" option vs. a long wait (Model X would be impacted the most).

Yes, I'm definitely a bear right now, but that's my gut on this.

Looking into flipping the '21 M3 while the market is still hot and keeping the M3P. Not sure if anyone else is trying to keep a pulse on this as well.

Delivery scheduled for Aug 3rd, called the service center to see if they had an earlier day if I pick it up. He tells me they are moving away from service center pick up to home delivery as a company. I’m 20 mins from the service center so not sure why they prefer home delivery but they tell me that home delivery will be the only option in the future.

Seems more cost effective to have customers pick up the vehicles but I guess they are taking the workload away from the service center?
Were you able to actually contact the local store it self or did calling the number and selecting the delivery option route you to their central team? I haven't been able to figure out how to contact the service center itself

Picked up the M3P! Sad to say, I saw several issues - trunk alignment has a noticeable gap, but I can open/close no issues. A couple paint areas of scuffs and bubbling, and a spot on the steering wheel alcantara leather. I’ll enter a ticket in after fine tooth combing a bit more. No one was around at the SC for any questions. More pics to come

Attachments

• 934923A8-47ED-416A-82E9-43AC2BA127CC.jpeg
    934923A8-47ED-416A-82E9-43AC2BA127CC.jpeg
    854 KB · Views: 72
Ordered black/black M3P on 7/30, original EDD was 8/31 - 9/30; shifted yesterday to. 9/1 - 9/20; today 9/13 - 9/30.

Called up local SC, got soft-matched and delivery is now expected by the end of August. No VIN on file, so take that for what you will.

Also have a Y7 on order and put in a request to accept any color combo; though he said that all deliveries are currently being picked up, at least my name is out there and the 7 seaters are rarer builds.

On a separate note, and one you can completely ignore, this economy is worth watching right now. I'm expecting a lot more Q4 buyers to drop out and cut back on extravagant expenses after the uncertainly from the eviction moratorium and a potential Fed taper, along with a potential flood of 21's getting chips and offering a "buy it now" option vs. a long wait (Model X would be impacted the most).

Yes, I'm definitely a bear right now, but that's my gut on this.

Looking into flipping the '21 M3 while the market is still hot and keeping the M3P. Not sure if anyone else is trying to keep a pulse on this as well.
May I ask what you mean by “soft-matched”?

May I ask what you mean by “soft-matched”?
It's an internal phrase they use to identify your car in a queue using the RN. It's probably very tentative and prone to any unforeseen supply chain issues, as it's a pre-production estimate, but it's better than saying "Welp, you're gonna be here awhile!" because my RN # is so far out and I have some rarer build.

Picked up the M3P! Sad to say, I saw several issues - trunk alignment has a noticeable gap, but I can open/close no issues. A couple paint areas of scuffs and bubbling, and a spot on the steering wheel alcantara leather. I’ll enter a ticket in after fine tooth combing a bit more. No one was around at the SC for any questions. More pics to come
congratulations! Feel like we are in the same class and you just graduated! 😂

• Funny
Reactions: JohnnyMa
It's an internal phrase they use to identify your car in a queue using the RN. It's probably very tentative and prone to any unforeseen supply chain issues, as it's a pre-production estimate, but it's better than saying "Welp, you're gonna be here awhile!" because my RN # is so far out and I have some rarer build.
Interesting thanks for the reply! I’ve ordered M3P Black/Black no FSD. Haven’t heard from or talked to anyone since I placed the order at a showroom here in Houston. EDD moved from 8/14-9/13 to 8/21-9/20 today.

I think I’ll give the service center a call tomorrow and see if I can find out anything.

What's rare about your build? Isn't there only like 2 options you can pick, not including FSD.

Order date 7/7/21

Updated summary of EDD
7/15 7/22-8/11
7/17 7/20-8/09
7/19 7/22-8/09
7/20 7/27-8/16
7/25 7/28-8/16
Fore the next few days soonest day shifts right each day. Latest date holds at 8/16.
7/30 8/02-8/13
7/31 8/03-8/12
8/1 N O E D D. It just vanished. Called therapist. Found a good cardiologist.

But it looks like I'm not special. As others also seem to have had their EDDs vanish.