Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered today: 2021 Model 3 Performance, black over white. I like the new door interior panel refresh, but I’m not 100% certain on the white (have had so many black over black cars, or black interiors, hence the change up). Got to test drive one some days ago, pretty much sealed the deal. Man are they fast….handle ok too!

Cheers,
Orig order placed 7/23, switched to black interior days later.
EDD was 8/16-9/04 for the last week.
current EDD 8/19-9/04.
Wall Connector installed.

I'm planning on the same thing going to get a set of 18s from T-Sportline. I will keep the 20s for the summer.
That is my plan, although I’m struggling with paying a lot for the winter wheel set. They will do a 180 mile round trip daily and with all the salt and potholes in NJ/PA they are guaranteed to get banged up anyway. I wondered about the Tesla option but I saw elsewhere that it is potluck if the recovery vehicle might have a matching spare. Lastly because of the mileage I do the range is important so if anyone has good advice on which winter tires give best range I’d love to hear it.

Reactions: THXULTRA
Has anyone taken delivery or dealt with the Raleigh center in the past few weeks? I have a VIN and an EDD rapidly approaching in just a few days and it has been crickets from them. I understand each location tends to vary in responsiveness, so thought perhaps someone could share their recent experience with Raleigh?
If you've got your VIN and the EDD window is getting close, I know other members here have had luck calling the SC and getting the delivery appointment scheduled.

I'd say give them a call and see what they can do for you!

Reactions: NC2CA
My delivery date was updated today with a smaller window and overall shifted to an earlier date.

Previously: 9/7-9/30
Note: sometimes date would flip flop to 9/8-9/30

New Date: 9/6-9/26

Order date was 8/5

Question: Where does the VIN appear once it is assigned?

I know I have some waiting to do but just trying to to figure out where to look.

My delivery date was updated today with a smaller window and overall shifted to an earlier date.

Previously: 9/7-9/30
Note: sometimes date would flip flop to 9/8-9/30

New Date: 9/6-9/26

Order date was 8/5

Question: Where does the VIN appear once it is assigned?

I know I have some waiting to do but just trying to to figure out where to look.
You're only about 2 weeks so I'd expect you to see some more changes on the EDD as time progresses.

Once the VIN is assigned, it should appear under your Reservation Number (RNXXX).

Based on many others' experience, a good sign that the VIN is coming is when your EDD window drops to about 1 week and the first date gets pushed out daily for a consecutive amount of days.

Best of luck!

So I finally got her!!!!

Attachments

• 2291D13A-CE25-43E4-8A8C-7407BE5AF38C.jpeg
    2291D13A-CE25-43E4-8A8C-7407BE5AF38C.jpeg
    470 KB · Views: 76
  • 05DBA616-7BBF-4C9A-B30C-A317B5C6CE60.jpeg
    05DBA616-7BBF-4C9A-B30C-A317B5C6CE60.jpeg
    392.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 8FE8595B-3934-43D5-8BCE-BD4586D7B1B4.jpeg
    8FE8595B-3934-43D5-8BCE-BD4586D7B1B4.jpeg
    448.2 KB · Views: 67
well, tomorrow is the day for pickup!

recap for my order:
red/black, no FSD
6/14 ordered
8/2 vin received
orig. delivery date of 8/16, moved to 8/18 (my car was stuck behind a broken down train for too long and missed the transport truck to the SC)
Houston,TX

excited for sure! hoping the rain stays away long enough for me to do a decent inspection at pickup
Congrats! You'll probably be the first Red M3 I'll see around the city.

Hoping to get my VIN soon and take delivery before Labor Day weekend!

Reactions: oreobbq
Hey Everyone,

I took delivery of my M3P last week. Delivery experience was great, they dropped off the car where I told them, did a full inspection on panel gaps, paint etc. I was extremely worried I would be delivered a car with a ton of issues but everything seemed to be OK at first so I accepted delivery. I found a few items that I am able to live with and a few that I am not ok with at all.

The items that I am ok with are below.
1. Dirty marks on roof liner that will not come off - small but also not the end of the world.
2. Scratch on steering wheel - not that bad, also not great to have this on a brand new car.
3. Dirty marks on plastic parts of seats - not good but also seems like I can clean it.
4. Passenger door lever seems to be sitting inside more than the other doors, not that big of a deal but also not perfect.

Things that are not acceptable
1. Severe warping of front windscreen - it looks like you are looking through prescription glasses that are not yours and you get motion sick after about 10 min of driving.
2. Mild warping of drivers side glass - same issue as above.
3. Mild warping of passenger side glass - same issue as above.

The semi good news, I brought my car into service this morning and they were extremely nice and noticed exactly what I outlined above right away. They told me they were going to order new glass and install it as soon as they get it in. It will be a one day job so they will contact me as soon as it arrives. It is nice they did not push back since I was worried about that. But also doesn't feel great to pay this much for a car and immediately need to bring it into service. I also have to drive around with this glass for the time being and it's really not a great experience since it makes you motion sick from looking through the glass.

I responded to Tesla's survey that they email out asking how delivery was. I will be curious to see if anyone reaches out to me and ultimately I provided the feedback in hopes they can improve. I have been trying to convince my girlfriend to buy a Model Y and now she is apprehensive given how much she has heard about Tesla quality being sub-par and then seeing first had the issues I have on a 60k car.

Hoping the windows and windscreen can be resolved quickly and no further issues.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpeg
    unnamed.jpeg
    781.8 KB · Views: 53