Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

Refreshed “2021” Model S waiting room

Congrats to those ordering a refreshed MS.

I’ve been hell-bent on replacing my E-Class with a MY while waiting for the Cybertruck, but the new MS is tempting...

More $$$ but with faster acceleration, vented seats, heated windshield, adaptive suspension, active noise cancellation... Seems like there’s a lot to justify the price differential.

Reactions: DIL and Filter

MorrisonHiker

Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
Just finalized my new S. No deliver date yet. Couldn’t confirm yoke or wheel. Advisor hinted at late March or early April. Ordered 1/15 and edited on 2/2 to refresh. Call Tuesday from Fremont to make sure I wanted to move forward.
If you click on View Build Details, you should see that it says Yoke Steering for a Model S:
upload_2021-2-26_7-30-13.png

or Yoke Steering Wheel for a Model X:
upload_2021-2-26_7-31-51.png

If you have a Plaid+ that was ordered before the January announcement, then it probably doesn't show any yoke information:

upload_2021-3-2_7-18-58.png

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Sold my E-Class and order MS LR All black on 1/6....I don't even have a date :). My wife just got the 2021 Escalade Onyx package, so I have to put that old fashion vehicle to shame.

Glad they added the chrome delete as I was going to have that done aftermarket.
Will swap the wheels with these is 19" - Lexani Wheels | Stuttgart
Add one of the TSport Carbon spoilers
Tint and Ceramic coat
Paint the calipers

And I'll be ready for the summer. It's my first Tesla, so I'm super excited...got the home charger installed last month as well.

LiveSai

Feb 12, 2021
Orange County
Sold my E-Class and order MS LR All black on 1/6....I don't even have a date :). My wife just got the 2021 Escalade Onyx package, so I have to put that old fashion vehicle to shame.

Glad they added the chrome delete as I was going to have that done aftermarket.
Will swap the wheels with these is 19" - Lexani Wheels | Stuttgart
Add one of the TSport Carbon spoilers
Tint and Ceramic coat
Paint the calipers

And I'll be ready for the summer. It's my first Tesla, so I'm super excited...got the home charger installed last month as well.

Planning to order the same spoiler too but I wonder if it will still fit the refresh new model s.

DrJ

Jul 14, 2014
Ramsey Mn
If you click on View Build Details, you should see that it says Yoke Steering for a Model S:
View attachment 640199

View attachment 640200
View attachment 640199

View attachment 640200
Mine does say yoke but my advisor friend who is in sales says it’s not approved yet

rvpCO

Unicorns & Refresh MS with white int hard to find
Feb 19, 2021
Living the dream
Congrats to those ordering a refreshed MS.

I’ve been hell-bent on replacing my E-Class with a MY while waiting for the Cybertruck, but the new MS is tempting...

More $$$ but with faster acceleration, vented seats, heated windshield, adaptive suspension, active noise cancellation... Seems like there’s a lot to justify the price differential.

I ordered a Model S while waiting on my Cybertruck. Was going to buy a Model Y but the Model S refresh looks too cool. Yes I am on the Yoke side. It would be nice for the steering be the buyer choice.

I ordered a Model S while waiting on my Cybertruck. Was going to buy a Model Y but the Model S refresh looks too cool. Yes I am on the Yoke side. It would be nice for the steering be the buyer choice.

The problem with optional steering wheels is everyone and their mother is going to need a test drive before deciding. I could see that heavily slowing down sales/delivery numbers.

artsci

Sponsor
May 10, 2012
Timonium, Maryland
The problem with optional steering wheels is everyone and their mother is going to need a test drive before deciding. I could see that heavily slowing down sales/delivery numbers.

Not me. I’m going with the yoke. I have a JetPilot steering wheel on my Model 3 so I have 2 years of experience with a steering device without the top part. It actually works well in all situations, including U turns. In fact it’s easier to drive with than a full round wheel.

C4330EA0-F997-4629-B989-99BC9764DA8A.jpeg

Attachments

• B7AA9B51-1736-4B24-9B14-BC9BA2FD65DF.jpeg
    B7AA9B51-1736-4B24-9B14-BC9BA2FD65DF.jpeg
    508.1 KB · Views: 22

roblab

Jul 15, 2008
Angwin (Napa Valley) CA
Have order in for LR, MSM, cream and 19" wheels.

Going to trade in 2017 75D but might pull my order if a round steering wheel isn't an option. Still haven't decided on that (my wife is pretty against the yoke).

Steering wheels are an easy item to pull and replace. I'd bet you could get a round one if it didn't come that way.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC