Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021/2022 Model X Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that have or like me considering, Pros/Cons of using a screen protector on the center console?

Considering this one from Abstract Ocean: Ultra-Premium Tempered Glass (9H) Screen Protectors (Refreshed S & X)
I heard nothing but positive reviews about this one, I ordered it and have it at home. I will install it as soon as my car gets back from getting wrapped
what are the pros? given that you just touch the screen with your finger, I don't really see any, am I missing something?
I think one of the major things is getting the matte version to reduce the glare from the sun on the screen. I have heard people say it works wonders in the day time. I saw a guy on reddit earlier this week post a picture of his screen protector getting cracked, I think his toddler threw something and it hit the screen... Had he not had the screen protector on it might have been his screen with a crack.........weird things can happen so I don't see why not invest a measly $60 on something you won't even know is there just in case.

Reactions: jace
I heard nothing but positive reviews about this one, I ordered it and have it at home. I will install it as soon as my car gets back from getting wrapped

I think one of the major things is getting the matte version to reduce the glare from the sun on the screen. I have heard people say it works wonders in the day time. I saw a guy on reddit earlier this week post a picture of his screen protector getting cracked, I think his toddler threw something and it hit the screen... Had he not had the screen protector on it might have been his screen with a crack.........weird things can happen so I don't see why not invest a measly $60 on something you won't even know is there just in case.
Ordered it too , look forward to putting it on after my XPEL Stealth is done as well :)

Plaid X got new SW last week. Tik Tok showed up, noise cancellation showed up, change audio sources showed up, colorizer showed up, charge port wasn't always opening when pressing charger cable button and its somewhat improved with this version but not sure its perfect yet. No power graphs, no ability to customize the 2nd screen (in front of yoke), no support for Bluetooth headsets for rear display yet. Doors still don't open and close as nicely as my old 2016 did. Started getting rear right restraint fault error post update-Currently in service to resolve that issue since it's a safety issue.
Absolutely love the car despite these minor things.

Reactions: JER85
Plaid X got new SW last week. Tik Tok showed up, noise cancellation showed up, change audio sources showed up, colorizer showed up, charge port wasn't always opening when pressing charger cable button and its somewhat improved with this version but not sure its perfect yet. No power graphs, no ability to customize the 2nd screen (in front of yoke), no support for Bluetooth headsets for rear display yet. Doors still don't open and close as nicely as my old 2016 did. Started getting rear right restraint fault error post update-Currently in service to resolve that issue since it's a safety issue.
Absolutely love the car despite these minor things.
Good post. Question: how are they going to fix the rear restraint error on your car if its a common software fault? the local sc can't do that. can they? this is a "universal" software issue. Second, I just started getting the error saying braking may be reduced still safe to drive, but there is no change in the actual regen. braking, works normally... anyone else getting this? seems like it must be another software issue. ?

Reactions: Yoonoo and mswlogo
Good post. Question: how are they going to fix the rear restraint error on your car if its a common software fault? the local sc can't do that. can they? this is a "universal" software issue. Second, I just started getting the error saying braking may be reduced still safe to drive, but there is no change in the actual regen. braking, works normally... anyone else getting this? seems like it must be another software issue. ?

Answer is they are not.... clearly communication between SC's at Tesla is just as terrible as communications with their customers.... I've seen a lot of posts of SC's taking service appointments to look at the issue only to tell folks that they can't fix it and that its a software issue.... You would think that by now an internal memo would have gone out around Tesla to SC managers letting them know about this widespread problem.... Then they can stop having people come in to waste their times.

I got the matte, one issue i have noticed the white seats still reflect a ton, in bright sun its still hard to see screen well.

Had my new car for about an hour and now it is getting wrapped.
Tldr: it’s great.

Never had a date window, only ever TBD—better for mental health it seems.
Tesla text chat started 2 weeks before delivery date. Denied home delivery for lack of trucks (8 hour drive to pickup location, previous two Teslas delivered in covered trucks). Was able to get answers to some questions in the message thread. Could not back out of loan request online, needed to speak with someone. Same chat thread requested confirmation four days before delivery date and texted a reminder the day before.

The $2k discount from mandatory upgrade appeared on the final MVPA and the day before delivery in the app when all the financing was settled.

Here’s my delivery condition report. Front quarter panel wings are off a bit. There are dead bugs is a very thin spot between the small front light and body. Driver’s side FWD trim alignment is not great, no paint or top plate issues around doors. There is a 5mm deep scratch on the hood which feels like it is through the paint—about to be wrapped over. Gapping interior trim piece just inside and aft of the right FWD.
Otherwise immaculate. Tires dressed. Charged to 80% and on a wall charger.
Hitch, charging kit, front license holder carpet all present in frunk. Only delivery bump was keys cards and fob were not in vehicle. Bought 14-50 adapter on site.
First drive impression: turn signals and yoke are no big deal. Quieter and nicer ride than old X. Great to have blind spot view pop up on screen (wish it were on the binacle screeen).

A few unexpected interior differences. Carpet fully covers the rear hatch down to the latch—was hard plastic in my 2016 model. Fabric in the middle of all door panels (over a speaker). Slightly deeper frunk.

Paper left behind noted an airbag fault was addressed.

First problem: paper with temp plate info slid into the console under the hazard button.

Grateful I can experience this amazing machine and do my bougie best to get us off burning things.

Attachments

• F399BB37-2ABE-49F7-BB3A-1DFFD5B1EB0D.jpeg
    F399BB37-2ABE-49F7-BB3A-1DFFD5B1EB0D.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 169
  • D9C72BE9-BF3B-4391-9F1E-B25DCC014720.jpeg
    D9C72BE9-BF3B-4391-9F1E-B25DCC014720.jpeg
    251.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 8F480ACA-5FA2-417C-A43D-DEA6D268F5B4.jpeg
    8F480ACA-5FA2-417C-A43D-DEA6D268F5B4.jpeg
    734 KB · Views: 150
After 7 grueling days, finally got her back from the wrap spot.

Still on old software and still having the charge port door opening issue.

Attachments

• 692346D9-C693-4DBE-A7F6-78639D0FECFD.jpeg
    692346D9-C693-4DBE-A7F6-78639D0FECFD.jpeg
    722 KB · Views: 139
  • C7D30442-E636-4C0A-97C0-78CC992932BD.jpeg
    C7D30442-E636-4C0A-97C0-78CC992932BD.jpeg
    857.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 99749A38-84A5-4C88-B59C-6F9EA5497B31.jpeg
    99749A38-84A5-4C88-B59C-6F9EA5497B31.jpeg
    420.4 KB · Views: 133
  • FA86209C-8D5E-4583-833C-CBA9286C8085.jpeg
    FA86209C-8D5E-4583-833C-CBA9286C8085.jpeg
    720.5 KB · Views: 127
  • FE9C7A37-01AC-4554-8387-39C25AC485F7.jpeg
    FE9C7A37-01AC-4554-8387-39C25AC485F7.jpeg
    649.4 KB · Views: 129
Reactions: Gwgan and chudiddy
My car is getting wrapped so I can’t scratch this itch, perhaps a new owner could post a pic. I fleetingly saw the image of the car in the binacle display with the trunk open and it looked like there was a cargo cover in place. Was this a dream?

My car is getting wrapped so I can’t scratch this itch, perhaps a new owner could post a pic. I fleetingly saw the image of the car in the binacle display with the trunk open and it looked like there was a cargo cover in place. Was this a dream?
yup just a dream... the only cover included is for the under trunk space.