Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021/2022 Model X Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some photos of the LR with full Xpel Stealth Wrap and 15% tint

Attachments

• 20220408_163239.jpg
    20220408_163239.jpg
    618.7 KB · Views: 250
  • 20220408_162803.jpg
    20220408_162803.jpg
    664.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 20220408_162842.jpg
    20220408_162842.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 206
  • 20220408_163110.jpg
    20220408_163110.jpg
    624.3 KB · Views: 207
  • 20220408_163147.jpg
    20220408_163147.jpg
    584.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 20220408_163313.jpg
    20220408_163313.jpg
    625.3 KB · Views: 210
Stealth PPF on the white is absolutely gorgeous, it doesn't come through in pictures, but I saw one in person and was mesmerized by it.... It's hard to explain but its like this cool effect where you kind of see it but you don't.. its not as obviously matted as the black, but its a nice subtle chalky color.

Reactions: jnericks
Stealth PPF on the white is absolutely gorgeous, it doesn't come through in pictures, but I saw one in person and was mesmerized by it.... It's hard to explain but its like this cool effect where you kind of see it but you don't.. its not as obviously matted as the black, but its a nice subtle chalky color.
I need to see this...it sounds awesome.

My MXP is red...I wonder how it would look with stealth.

I haven't seen it discussed anywhere, but it's likely I've just missed this...

Does the redesigned sub-trunk cover not have any way to stand "vertically" on its own? In pre-refresh models, the little "shark fins" that the cover rested on were designed to also serve the function of holding the shelf in place when you lift it. In other words, the pre-refresh shelf sits more-or-less flush with the back of the 3rd row seats. As far as I can tell, you can't arrange the shelf in this manner in the refreshed X--if you're putting stuff in the sub-trunk you need to either (a) hold the shelf up while you load the sub-trunk or (b) remove the shelf entirely.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
There is a just-past-vertical resting spot for the shelf with the forward edge down at the lower shelf level on the 5 seater. If the shelf starts out in the upper position you can drop it down into the vertical resting position but since it free floating it is not as easy to do with one hand while holding a bag of groceries in the other.

That’s the Stealth wrap? The ”Matte” look? Jeez, I can’t even tell.

I’ve got a white LR X on order (January 2023) and I was thinking of doing the stealth wrap too. But I really like the matte look and I’m not sure it comes through on this color. Subsequent post that stealth doesn’t really come through in photos makes me think I’ve got to find one to see in person.

That’s the Stealth wrap? The ”Matte” look? Jeez, I can’t even tell.

I’ve got a white LR X on order (January 2023) and I was thinking of doing the stealth wrap too. But I really like the matte look and I’m not sure it comes through on this color. Subsequent post that stealth doesn’t really come through in photos makes me think I’ve got to find one to see in person.
yeah you can definitely tell in person

So right after getting Vader XPEL stealth'd I had a service appointment to address what sounded like to styrofoam containers rubbing together from the front dash. The Chicago (Elston) Service Center said they were able to find and correct the squeak issue, HOWEVER, they informed me the new MX front driver/passenger curtain airbags are under inspection, they found my passenger curtain airbag had a rivet that had been punched through it causing a hole in the airbag. They have now sent my car to the body shop to fix the rivet and informed the part to replace the passenger curtain airbag could take weeks if not months to get in stock. How can this be if they are still building these cars?

I'm told it's a safety issue and they must hold my car until fixed. Feels like this could be lemon law worthy to deliver a car and then hold it after it's fully paid for. Very frustrated. This is clearly a poor QA issue that should have been caught by Tesla prior to delivery. I've asked Service to escalate through the chat function with no success.
Any suggestions on a path to escalate this within Tesla? They are impossible to communicate with post delivery.

IMG_1672.jpg

So right after getting Vader XPEL stealth'd I had a service appointment to address what sounded like to styrofoam containers rubbing together from the front dash. The Chicago (Elston) Service Center said they were able to find and correct the squeak issue, HOWEVER, they informed me the new MX front driver/passenger curtain airbags are under inspection, they found my passenger curtain airbag had a rivet that had been punched through it causing a hole in the airbag. They have now sent my car to the body shop to fix the rivet and informed the part to replace the passenger curtain airbag could take weeks if not months to get in stock. How can this be if they are still building these cars?

I'm told it's a safety issue and they must hold my car until fixed. Feels like this could be lemon law worthy to deliver a car and then hold it after it's fully paid for. Very frustrated. This is clearly a poor QA issue that should have been caught by Tesla prior to delivery. I've asked Service to escalate through the chat function with no success.
Any suggestions on a path to escalate this within Tesla? They are impossible to communicate with post delivery.

View attachment 797012
That sounds crazy! Notwithstanding the airbaf recall issue which applies to everyone, they are still selling MX’s with defective airbags. There is no reason they can’t get a defective airbag installed and return the car to you. I would insist on this or sue them.

At a minimum get a loaner and put miles on their car. Years ago my car was in service while still sort of new and I put loads of miles on a 100D they gave me and was quite happy to keep doing that for weeks.

Has anyone seen any aftermarket replacements/modifications for the front cupholders? The rubber inserts limit what you can put in the holders, and on one of my holders, the insert is pulling out of its attachment at the rim. I wish they would have made the rubber insert removable.

Reactions: JPWX
Has anyone seen any aftermarket replacements/modifications for the front cupholders? The rubber inserts limit what you can put in the holders, and on one of my holders, the insert is pulling out of its attachment at the rim. I wish they would have made the rubber insert removable.

thats fascinating - I have an earlier build that doesn't have the rubber inserts, and ive been looking for aftermarket ones.