Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021/2022 Model X Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I scheduled an appointment via the Tesla app describing the software issue. Initially, the Tesla service was assigned to a mobile ranger who was going to come out in two days. The service team ended up remotely pushing it to the car (car automatically started the download of the latest software) about 36 hours after my service request was opened, and they closed my case with the resolution comment in the app saying "Problem solved remotely".

So Jan 31, 2022, the car delivered with 2021.43.101.1 -> Feb 09, 2022, software version 2022.4.5 self-downloaded, but stuck at 65%, had to force reboot and lost the software, so opened service ticket in the evening, with mobile service ranger scheduled to come out Feb 12, 2022 -> Feb 11, 2022, software 2022.4.5 was fully downloaded overnight and ready to install in the morning. Installed without problems and ticket was closed by Tesla service on their end -> Feb 24, 2022, the vehicle automatically downloaded 2022.4.5.3 without issue and installed without issue (assumed this was a normal push/download by car). Currently on 2022.4.5.3.
That’s the current problem for me. I still haven’t see. The software update for me to download. Says it’s up to date with my 2021.43.xxx software. I guess I can only schedule if the software gets stuck

That’s the current problem for me. I still haven’t see. The software update for me to download. Says it’s up to date with my 2021.43.xxx software. I guess I can only schedule if the software gets stuck
Yes, you will have to wait. I was told by Tesla Service (via the app messaging) allegedly that they can only re-push a failed download once the software has been queued/pushed and/or retrieved by your car. They said it is Tesla engineering that is in charge of adding vehicles to obtain certain software versions and that service can't request or download a different/more up-to-date version until your vehicle is given that more-up-to-date version.

tl:dr - Tesla service can't request newer software without Tesla engineering's okay, therefore, you can only patiently wait.

Reactions: MLo1
Perform a soft reset of the system. This allowed my Model X to find the latest update, as well as the latest Nav map update.

There is a very annoying motor/pump noise turn on every few seconds under the glove boxwhen the car is cold. I reported to tesla and they said that is the air pump for the suspension. Does anyone heat that noise
I would assume they meant heat pump which is new for refresh MX/MS that helps with efficiency in colder weather. Is it cold where you are?

What are the best all weather mats that you can buy , that are available now?
I’m a couple weeks away from delivery and want to get ahead of the order. I see Tesla’s version is sold out.
In my 2020 X I had the 3D Maxpider, liked them, but looks like also not available.

I’m a couple weeks away from delivery and want to get ahead of the order. I see Tesla’s version is sold out.
In my 2020 X I had the 3D Maxpider, liked them, but looks like also not available.
I just reused mine from my 2019. It was also a 6 seater configuration

Cocomats.com have a rubber back, look nice, clean up easily. They do not have the lip that some styles have but did just fine for us over these past winters.

Floor mats are back in stock at tesla.com

Reactions: jace
I just picked up my Plaid on February 22nd. This is my first Tesla, so please bear with me as I have a few questions:

1) Like others have stated, I appear to be stuck on 2021.43.201. Others have suggested performing a soft reset...I assume this means holding the scroll wheels until the screen resets?

2) Regarding charging, I've read (in this thread and elsewhere) about not charging to 100% unless going on a long trip. I'm just curious, as a daily driver averaging roughly 30 miles a day, what is the best way of minimizing battery degradation? Should I be plugging in and charging up to 80% every day? Should it be less than 80%?

3). Regarding floor mats:
I just reused mine from my 2019. It was also a 6 seater configuration
So just to be clear, mats purchased from an older X will fit? Someone earlier in this thread posted a link to these, which show as compatible with 2021..I want to make certain that these will in fact fit before purchasing as I really like them.

4) The first time I drive the car for the day, I noticed a pretty strong vibration that lasts for about a mile or so and then goes away. Has anyone else noticed this, or is this something I should bring it in for service for?

Thanks all.

I just picked up my Plaid on February 22nd. This is my first Tesla, so please bear with me as I have a few questions:

1) Like others have stated, I appear to be stuck on 2021.43.201. Others have suggested performing a soft reset...I assume this means holding the scroll wheels until the screen resets?

2) Regarding charging, I've read (in this thread and elsewhere) about not charging to 100% unless going on a long trip. I'm just curious, as a daily driver averaging roughly 30 miles a day, what is the best way of minimizing battery degradation? Should I be plugging in and charging up to 80% every day? Should it be less than 80%?

3). Regarding floor mats:

So just to be clear, mats purchased from an older X will fit? Someone earlier in this thread posted a link to these, which show as compatible with 2021..I want to make certain that these will in fact fit before purchasing as I really like them.

4) The first time I drive the car for the day, I noticed a pretty strong vibration that lasts for about a mile or so and then goes away. Has anyone else noticed this, or is this something I should bring it in for service for?

Thanks all.
1) Yes, hold both scroll wheels down until the center screen goes blank and then let go. Might take a while to come back online
2)Tesla recommends having the car on the charger whenever you aren't driving it for optimum battery life. Otherwise, I think mine came preset to charge only to 60%
3) I dunno, I just ordered to ones from Tesla.com for the refreshed X
4) I have noticed this as well, are you driving in the cold?