Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021/2022 Model X Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a thread earlier discussing the range of the Model X being "dynamic" in nature and wanted to ask this owner forum, what the 100% range is on your new X? (By the way, I've had my LR since late December 2021).

I get a range of 314-315 miles on 100% charge. For 90% charge, I get around 285 miles. I don't drive it like I stole it, but I do have the 22 in wheels. I'm curious what the folks with the Plaid models are getting?

Reason I ask is when I was adding my X to insurance (Late December), the insurance company mentioned that I was driving the "performance" version of the vehicle. I told them it was a LR to which they disagreed (I still added the vehicle, but figured I would give it a little time for VIN database to update).

Back then, I checked my max range and it was 311 miles -- coincidentally the same advertised max range of the Model X Plaid (before the sales site was updated).

So now I'm wondering, why are we not getting nowhere near the range of ~340 miles on our LRs?

(FYI - Car still rocks, but I'm concerned about range for long-distance trips)
My plaid on 20” shows 334 miles

I saw a thread earlier discussing the range of the Model X being "dynamic" in nature and wanted to ask this owner forum, what the 100% range is on your new X? (By the way, I've had my LR since late December 2021).

I get a range of 314-315 miles on 100% charge. For 90% charge, I get around 285 miles. I don't drive it like I stole it, but I do have the 22 in wheels. I'm curious what the folks with the Plaid models are getting?

Reason I ask is when I was adding my X to insurance (Late December), the insurance company mentioned that I was driving the "performance" version of the vehicle. I told them it was a LR to which they disagreed (I still added the vehicle, but figured I would give it a little time for VIN database to update).

Back then, I checked my max range and it was 311 miles -- coincidentally the same advertised max range of the Model X Plaid (before the sales site was updated).

So now I'm wondering, why are we not getting nowhere near the range of ~340 miles on our LRs?

(FYI - Car still rocks, but I'm concerned about range for long-distance trips)
My Plaid with 20” wheels shows 335 miles at 100%.

I just wanted to confirm that the 2020 version of 3d Maxpider mats would fit in the '22 Plaid (all 3 rows)? I read somewhere that there were some differences in the refresh.
I, too, am waiting for Maxpider mats, but I see that Weathertechs are available in multiple 2022 X configurations. Rear rows are out of stock, though, at the time I'm posting. Boo.

How long have you had your refresh X? I’m still waiting for an update been over 4 weeks for
Me
I came here just to see if I was the only one still on 2021.43. My old 2018 tesla has had 2 updates and the new one hasn’t had a single one yet. Starting to worry that my new X is somehow just out of the update queue (or never got in it). A little annoying that it’s been this long with nothing.

I’m losing about 20-25 miles of range overnight with the car standing still, what am I doing wrong. This is my first Tesla so I don’t know if this is normal, but I don’t think it is.

- sentry mode is on, but there are no events
- I don’t have any 3rd party apps connected to my account
- I am running the Tesla app, and I have the widget on my homescreen, but I try not to open the app too much so as not to wake up the car

What am i missing?

Reactions: garcMERP
Are
I’m losing about 20-25 miles of range overnight with the car standing still, what am I doing wrong. This is my first Tesla so I don’t know if this is normal, but I don’t think it is.

- I am running the Tesla app, and I have the widget on my homescreen, but I try not to open the app too much so as not to wake up the car

What am i missing?
Are you plugged in overnight? How cold is it in your area. These 2 items can have a huge impact on lost range

What am i missing?
I was just about to post 5his same issue. I am also losing maybe 30 miles of range overnight sitting in the garage and it is starting to concern me. I could be in quick trouble on a road trip where I can’t stay plugged in all night and wake up missing 10% of my battery that was there last night. I would really like to know more about this issue and the answer is not to stay plugged in all night if you can’t. I also have to charge my S at night. I don’t have the confidence to take this thing on a road trip if this is normal for a Plaid or refresh. Any ideas here? There has to be some bug at work here…….

Reactions: JER85
I was just about to post 5his same issue. I am also losing maybe 30 miles of range overnight sitting in the garage and it is starting to concern me. I could be in quick trouble on a road trip where I can’t stay plugged in all night and wake up missing 10% of my battery that was there last night. I would really like to know more about this issue and the answer is not to stay plugged in all night if you can’t. I also have to charge my S at night. I don’t have the confidence to take this thing on a road trip if this is normal for a Plaid or refresh. Any ideas here? There has to be some bug at work here…….
I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to use destination chargers on trips so you wake up fully charged...

Reactions: bhzmark

What am i missing?
You need to turn Sentry off. It's a gas hog.

Reactions: croman