Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021/2022 Model X Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like a cover. Wish there were one IRL.

Attachments

• 5834F0C0-09BD-4BCB-AE23-9D4797FA0ACF.jpeg
    5834F0C0-09BD-4BCB-AE23-9D4797FA0ACF.jpeg
    382.5 KB · Views: 205
Just out of curiosity, how long do you guys plan on keeping your refreshed X?

I can honestly see myself keeping this car for 5-7 years (which is a long time for me) unless they do a drastic change to the exterior and keep the FWDs…. I’m a sucker when it comes to technology and vehicle updates, so I’m sure I’ll be first in line to order if they do an exterior refresh….. but absent that I could definitely see myself holding on to this car for a long time

Just out of curiosity, how long do you guys plan on keeping your refreshed X?

I can honestly see myself keeping this car for 5-7 years (which is a long time for me) unless they do a drastic change to the exterior and keep the FWDs…. I’m a sucker when it comes to technology and vehicle updates, so I’m sure I’ll be first in line to order if they do an exterior refresh….. but absent that I could definitely see myself holding on to this car for a long time

At least that long, as long as it holds together.

Coming off a Model S that I’ve driven for almost 7 years, and before that a Prius that I drove for 10 years.

Bruce.

Reactions: bhzmark and JER85
Good point... If battery tech improves significantly and range gets in to the 500 mile ballpark, that might also prompt me to update.
Based on what Elon has been saying, I don't think the current plan is to increase range. (Adds weight for the < 5% time most people would need the range)
The plan appears to just build more superchargers. If so, our "new" X's might be keepers for a while...

Based on what Elon has been saying, I don't think the current plan is to increase range. (Adds weight for the < 5% time most people would need the range)
Unless the other manufacturers start shipping vehicles with ranges near to or surpassing Tesla. The Lotus Eletra is promising 332 miles and <3s 0-60 which puts it right in line w/ Plaid X range and performance. It will definitely handle better than a Plaid X but will probably be slightly slower 0-60. Anyway, I believe Elon will ensure that Teslas always have a variant within each model that has more range than anyone else. Yes, that is years away - Eletra scheduled for European deliveries next year and US/Canada in 2024.

Good post. Question: how are they going to fix the rear restraint error on your car if its a common software fault? the local sc can't do that. can they? this is a "universal" software issue. Second, I just started getting the error saying braking may be reduced still safe to drive, but there is no change in the actual regen. braking, works normally... anyone else getting this? seems like it must be another software issue. ?
Ahhh, just let them rip the car apart first. Then put it back together with few extra pieces left over and then label needs software update coming out in 30 days.

Has anyone looked at getting their refresh X windshields tinted? I know with some teslas in the past, it sometimes has caused issues if the water squeegeed into the electronics in the dash and fried them.

This is odd... I got a notification in my app for the new update (2022.12.1) on Saturday morning, but I didn't download it right away. It showed up in my app as a software update waiting to download.... I even got in my car later on and saw the little green arrow... But I ignored it at the time since I had to drive around and run a few errands... Later in the day when I got home the notice was gone in the app, and the little green arrow wasn't on the car. I connected to my wifi and tried everything but I couldn't get it to come back.