Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021/2022 Model X Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed the automatic Tesla Frunk and n2itive lowering links (set to -8 all around) this week

So I may have missed this but because you installed the N2itive lowering links, does that mean the refreshed X has the *same* issue with shudder due to the half shafts and drive axle? I’ve been trying to get that confirmed - someone must have put the X on a lift and checked this - but you are the first I’ve seen to install the N2itive links!

Thanks for the help!

So I may have missed this but because you installed the N2itive lowering links, does that mean the refreshed X has the *same* issue with shudder due to the half shafts and drive axle? I’ve been trying to get that confirmed - someone must have put the X on a lift and checked this - but you are the first I’ve seen to install the N2itive links!

Thanks for the help!

I'm pretty sure I feel it on hard acceleration. It feels like the front end is running over a road that looks like this:

1654480989128.png

Thanks for the help!
I don't know if its the shudder issue that is common in past models (I have never owned an S or X before) but I am starting to get a clunking noise from the front suspension when going over low speed bumps. I'm able to temporarily fix it by raising the suspension to medium and then back to low during a drive. Still trying to figure out what is going on but I doubt it is due to the lowering links.

Last edited:
I was opted in for FSD since I got my Plaid back in February, though my score is only in the mid 90's so have not received an invite. I've been working to make this better, but I noticed today that the Safety Score button is now entirely missing from my app. I have logged out/in several times, rebooted my phone, and even checked the app on my wife's phone...no change.

Anybody else experience this?

I don't know if its the shudder issue that is common in past models (I have never owned an S or X before) but I am starting to get a clunking noise from the front suspension when going over low speed bumps. I'm able to temporarily fix it by raising the suspension to medium and then back to low during a drive. Still trying to figure out what is going on but I doubt it is due to the lowering links.

Are you 100% sure everything is torqued properly?

Sad to see this go. Waited for my 7 seater since June 2021, only to end up going with a different car brand earlier this year. Maybe I can pickup then trade off the difference since the exact build is about 26k over right now?

Attachments

• 9151D106-C691-4FA0-8587-DE3C2C4C51F1.jpeg
    9151D106-C691-4FA0-8587-DE3C2C4C51F1.jpeg
    307.5 KB · Views: 118