Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021/2022 Model X Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this sort of distortion around the edges of the display normal?

View attachment 811974

On the sides, it makes it almost impossible to see the cruise control speed during the day.

View attachment 811975

I already submitted a service request, just seeing if it's normal or not from other owners.
I am absolutely not seeing a vignette. The display background and surround/edges look uniformly black to me.

However, the indicator for cruise control speed is indeed super faint and virtually invisible until I turn on cruise(TACC). The yolk indicator for auto steer is faint but visible. We started with 22.11.101.6 and updated to 22.16.1.1 the next day. No change in the display.

I am absolutely not seeing a vignette. The display background and surround/edges look uniformly black to me.

However, the indicator for cruise control speed is indeed super faint and virtually invisible until I turn on cruise(TACC). The yolk indicator for auto steer is faint but visible. We started with 22.11.101.6 and updated to 22.16.1.1 the next day. No change in the display.
This is what I see when I change the wheel sizes to force a reboot. It looks like mine probably isn’t broken and is just poor design where they put the TACC speed indicator.

Does yours look like this?

Attachments

• 07FB6F5A-B9C6-4471-8C4D-673FE9B3732C.jpeg
    07FB6F5A-B9C6-4471-8C4D-673FE9B3732C.jpeg
    325 KB · Views: 180
What do folks do for a coat hook on refresh X? I find it very impractical to put the dry cleaning anywhere? Thanks
There are two hooks in the model x.

Per the manual:

Your Model X has a coat hanger on each side of the vehicle above the rear window in the second row, next to the reading light. Push the coat hanger to release it. Push it again to retract it.

Coat hanger above rear window with arrow pointing outwards

Where is that picture in a Model X? My 5 seater has the hooks in the ceiling behind the two lateral rear headreats. Also there is no “above the rear window” and the reading lights are in the ceiling above and behind the middle headrest.

Last edited:
Has anyone found any decent replacement wheels and/or tires for the 20"ers?

I know there's tons of aftermarket options, but I want something that's focused on weight for range.

And as far as tires, TireRack shows very limited options available. There aren't even any all season Pilot Sports.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I finally have my service appointment this week... I scheduled this thing back when I picked up the car on March 18th... After having it pushed back a few times (to be fair 1 was by me since the day assigned I couldn't miss work) ..... Anyhow this being my first Tesla can you guys give me some pointers on how these go? Do I get to talk to a tech or service consultant to go over the issues? I wanted to see if they will rotate my tires since I am over 5k miles at this point... Do I have to enter that in to the service appointment in the app or can I just ask them to do it that day?

You will review the items to be addressed with a person, perhaps even at the car if needed. You do need to add additional items in the app. I’ve been told that “no concerns can be added within 48 hours of your appointment time.” In my experience it will take longer than estimated.

• Informative
Reactions: Prairie and JER85
I finally have my service appointment this week... I scheduled this thing back when I picked up the car on March 18th... After having it pushed back a few times (to be fair 1 was by me since the day assigned I couldn't miss work) ..... Anyhow this being my first Tesla can you guys give me some pointers on how these go? Do I get to talk to a tech or service consultant to go over the issues? I wanted to see if they will rotate my tires since I am over 5k miles at this point... Do I have to enter that in to the service appointment in the app or can I just ask them to do it that day?
Pretty sure you cannot rotate your tires on the MX anyway. The tire sizes are slightly different between front and rear so they cannot be moved forward or back, and the tires themselves are directional, so cannot be moved side to side. At least this is the case on my MXP with 22" rims.

Pretty sure you cannot rotate your tires on the MX anyway. The tire sizes are slightly different between front and rear so they cannot be moved forward or back, and the tires themselves are directional, so cannot be moved side to side. At least this is the case on my MXP with 22" rims.
aaaah thats right! i totally forgot about that small detail... Thanks!

New problem which just started yesterday out of the blue. Driver's door no longer automatically closes. Pressing the exterior handle, interior button, or brake pedal just moves the door ever so slightly (and you can hear the latch open). Closing the door manually does not pull the door closed any more either :(

I live on a hill and have a long curved driveway. In the P90D if I charged to 100% just before leaving on a trip there would be no regen braking going down my driveway and downhill to the first stop sign and I’d have to use the mechanical brakes to moderate the speed and to stop.
In the new LR there is still room for regen at 100%. The green regen bar apprears and I can get down the drive slowly with one pedal driving and down the hill with a little brake pedal at the end.
I almost never charge to 100% at home so I just noticed this but then tested it a second time just to be sure.

So once you are notified about a software update, you are going to constantly have to dismiss the software update window which pops up often?

Unless you hit schedule, in which case you don’t get to schedule it. It schedules for that night. You can change the time, but not the day.

I was hoping there was a way to hold off a software update until a more convenient day (other than leaving Sentry Mode on all the time).

Anyway we have the new 22.16.1.2 version now.

I thought you don't need a service appt before 100k miles or so, unless somethings broke? There is no tire rotation since they're larger in the rear than in the front. And probably unidirectional.

• Informative
Reactions: JER85 and KidsEyeDr