Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021/2022 Model X Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 3 of the car and a rubber trim piece on the passenger's door started falling off. It is used for water proofing. Not sure it will hold when I put it back.
And under the rear screen in the console, the plastic cover on the bottom of the console keeps falling down, partially. It barely snaps into place.

This in addition to a defective second row seat (the single one) that is on order with a service date of July 26.

June 6 build, end of quarter push so I see I got lousy build quality. Wonder what the rest of week 1 will show?

Won’t that exceed the tongue weight? It’s one thing to have a heavy trailer tongue which is pushing straight down which does not apply any rotational torque to the receiver while a something like this will provide potentially thousands of ft-lbs of torque to the receiver when going over bumps.
It’s just pillows and sleeping bags and some clothes. Like maybe 30 pounds if that. The actual cargo carrier is aluminum and weighs maybe 25 pounds? If that? The tongue can handle up to 120 lbs for a bike carrier which a number of people on here have estimated is a bike carrier plus two bikes (idk, ymmv).

I’ll weigh it all when I get a chance but I don’t think it is over 120 lbs.

• Informative
Reactions: sorka
I’ve got a FWD that stops closing for a phantom obstruction about half the time. Service addressed it, said a pinch sensor was getting triggered on a trim piece, but it still happens. Anyone else had this problem?
Yes, having this same issue. I have my service appointment scheduled for next week.

I also now have the driver door randomly stop auto closing for a few days at a time.

for those of you with fsd option have you been invited to beta? How long did it take if so?

yeah I have FSD Beta as of the latest release to new users on ~June 6 with a 93 safety score. Requested it right when I got the car back in January, there isn't an answer to "how long does it take for beta access" as Tesla determines at their discretion when to release FSD Beta to more users, you kind of just have to request it and maintain the safety score, which 93 seems to be the lowest for entry now (was a higher requirement for previous beta invites)

On my 2020 MX I always thought the window motors were a bit slow/under-powered and the steering felt notably heavier than the S. I preferred the feel of the S better. Does anyone have a comparison between the refresh and a 2020 X on these little details? I'd assume jumping to 16v helps with the windows, at least.
Agree, I had my 2020 drivers regulator replaced because the window was so slow and even reversed in the winter as failed to go up. Replacement was better but not as fast or sure of itself at the 2022 is.

Was reparking my X refresh LR putting from reverse to drive on a steep driveway and felt a few jolts from rear followed by Rear motor disabled pull over immediately message. Unable to put it in drive its stuck indl the middle ofy steep driveway. Scroll wheel reset and power down didnt work. Will be calling roadside assistance tommorow morning I guess. Anyone else experience this?

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
that if you palm the right side of the yoke (as instructed by Elon in the above-linked tweet) you only get the horn and not the rest of the buttons?
Yes. And the horn stutters in a very attention grabbing way. works ok for me.
I’ve got a FWD that stops closing for a phantom obstruction about half the time. Service addressed it, said a pinch sensor was getting triggered on a trim piece, but it still happens. Anyone else had this problem?

I have same problem. Had the problem on delivery day and documented on delivery, and then submitted a ticket. On the first service visit the estimate said that they would replace the computer to fix this (was an odd fix I thought), but then for the actual work they said that they couldn’t recreate the error and so did nothing. I have another ticket submitted with some clear language and will see what they do.