Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021/2022 Model X Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im in the high 90s every day except two of which one is 43 and one 61, both have an insanely high "forward collision warning" (well just checked and today is 30?!), all of which seem like false alarms, as ive not had any warnings. those (now 3) are destroying my score. If there were a way to reset, I would.
You can do that. Simply cancel your request (click on the same button), wait for a while, at least overnight or a couple of days. Then submit a new request. I canceled mine when the car went into the wrap shop, where it spent about ten days. When I got it back, I requested again. So far I have been able to maintain a 100 score for roughly the last five days. But I am sure looking forward to not having to drive in grandma mode!

You can do that. Simply cancel your request (click on the same button), wait for a while, at least overnight or a couple of days. Then submit a new request. I canceled mine when the car went into the wrap shop, where it spent about ten days. When I got it back, I requested again. So far I have been able to maintain a 100 score for roughly the last five days. But I am sure looking forward to not having to drive in grandma mode!
Beyond that, you need to adapt your driving style to address the problems you were having. My major problem was hard stopping, which was happening when I would stop too quickly for recently changed traffic signals. I had to start rolling through them, when I may not have normally. I also had to slow down down for cornering. In one particular case, turning on to my home street from a busy artery. At much less than a 90º turn, I would hit it at a fairly good clip, causing the hard turn error. Other folks have problems following too closely. Figure out why you are getting dinged, and adjust. You can also reduce the sensitivity to Forward Collision Warnings.

Reactions: bobusn
my question is, does resetting it even make a difference. i know the score will be different but in terms of accessing fsd sooner, etc. i dont have tesla insurance so honestly i dont care, but i am currently lower than the threshold of fsd users at the current time. most of my dings are forward collision warnings, and aggressive turning. its my first EV so im still getting used to the regen breaking, but i have a MXP, im gonna drive it the way i want. lol

Beyond that, you need to adapt your driving style to address the problems you were having. My major problem was hard stopping, which was happening when I would stop too quickly for recently changed traffic signals. I had to start rolling through them, when I may not have normally. I also had to slow down down for cornering. In one particular case, turning on to my home street from a busy artery. At much less than a 90º turn, I would hit it at a fairly good clip, causing the hard turn error. Other folks have problems following too closely. Figure out why you are getting dinged, and adjust. You can also reduce the sensitivity to Forward Collision Warnings.
It’s already on late warning. And I haven’t got any alerts where the safety score shows red, so I dunno. All my others are green

anyone elses safety score suck, does it even matter or make a difference to reset it?
I'm trying to re-enter Beta again, after upgrading to Plaid. I'm at 99 for the past 2 months in the L.A. area with a couple thousand miles on Beta. But frankly, I'm going to opt out until Elon gives a signal or we hear they are adding more Beta testers. Driving painstakingly like grandma, and not being able to SEND IT at will, is quite bothersome and personally wasteful for such a high performing car.

I'm trying to re-enter Beta again, after upgrading to Plaid. I'm at 99 for the past 2 months in the L.A. area with a couple thousand miles on Beta. But frankly, I'm going to opt out until Elon gives a signal or we hear they are adding more Beta testers. Driving painstakingly like grandma, and not being able to SEND IT at will, is quite bothersome and personally wasteful for such a high performing car.
exactly. im driving the car the way i want.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
If tesla service cannot reproduce the issue what do you think they’re doing differently? Assuming they are being honest.
To be fair, the problem does not happen every single time you close the door...it was very sporadic...sometimes it would happen every 2 or 3 times you closed it, and sometimes you could close it 15 times...but it was definitely worse after driving the car, or when parked on an incline. So unless they open and close it MANY times, they may not see it.

I was able to reproduce the problem on the SC lot before leaving and asked them to keep it and troubleshoot further. They replaced and adjusted the small triangular window directly behind the FWD...and thus far, this seems to have solved the problem...haven't experienced it at all this weekend.

Ok has anybody successfully summoned their refresh X? Summon 100% does not activate for me. I have tried repeatedly, on multiple occasions. In the app the Go To Target button always is rapidly blinking between two error messages, one of which of something to the effect of “vision system is temporarily degraded” which can’t be true because the car is pristine clean.

Even without the music on Summon (*Sugar* you NHTSA), I really enjoy Summon in the Y, and would like to use it in the X. 🥹

But I can’t even START Summon.

8B21EC75-83AC-45E8-913B-3480EF6192C2.jpeg

Tinted, front ppf and matte black emblem. Lovin the beast more and more

Ok has anybody successfully summoned their refresh X? Summon 100% does not activate for me. I have tried repeatedly, on multiple occasions. In the app the Go To Target button always is rapidly blinking between two error messages, one of which of something to the effect of “vision system is temporarily degraded” which can’t be true because the car is pristine clean.

Even without the music on Summon (*Sugar* you NHTSA), I really enjoy Summon in the Y, and would like to use it in the X. 🥹

But I can’t even START Summon.

It works for me. (shrug) I haven't tried Smart Summon but I've been able to make it go forward and backwards ("Dumb Summon"?).

Bruce.