Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021/2022 Model X Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh yeah I meant smart Summon
I gave up on Smart Summon on my M3. 150' range is a joke, its Bluetooth limited and that's the issue. On a very rainy occasion, it was 100' away and I tried to call it to come to me. It followed the parking lot arrows right out of range. Now over 150' away, stopped in an intersection, I had to run in the rain to move it. It actually moved itself out of range and just stopped. I was more wet than I would have been if I just went to it, in the first place.

On another occasion it almost drive over a curb. Thank goodness I keep my finger on the screen to keep the car moving and had to quickly release my finger.

Done with SS.

I gave up on Smart Summon on my M3. 150' range is a joke, its Bluetooth limited and that's the issue. On a very rainy occasion, it was 100' away and I tried to call it to come to me. It followed the parking lot arrows right out of range. Now over 150' away, stopped in an intersection, I had to run in the rain to move it. It actually moved itself out of range and just stopped. I was more wet than I would have been if I just went to it, in the first place.

On another occasion it almost drive over a curb. Thank goodness I keep my finger on the screen to keep the car moving and had to quickly release my finger.

Done with SS.
I hear you… it’s far from perfect, but I’ve had some PERFECT experiences with smart Summon. Like, show off perfect. 🤓😎

That was in the Y.

A lesson to new owners. Address all concerns. Arranged a mobile service for paint chip on rear bear edge of tail light. And a tiny paint chip inside edge if passenger falcon wing door. As well as non functional key fobs. Mobile sevice fixed key fobs. Rear paint chip had to be at service center. However passenger falcon wing paint issue actually from door rubbing on closure. So fwd needs alignment and they have to replace rear glass panel. These defects were tiny. Less than a cm. More likely 3 mm or so. A little annoying as i have to retint whatever glass panel they replace. But everything else is covered

Received my Long Range Refresh X about 3 weeks ago. Two things I noticed and wanted to see if others had similar issues:

- The main display (MCU) makes a slight fan/electronic noise constantly, even if the car is in park and everything is off.
- On the rear display, when you load up YouTube, all the touch screen buttons do not work (cannot click or use search for example). I assume this just needs an update to have it fully working?

I scheduled service, but it got pushed back till the end of the month.

• Informative
Reactions: bobusn
Oh and one more thing, I have a model 3 so I'm pretty use to the steering wheel scroll buttons. However, on the yoke, I keep accidentally pausing music (clicking down on right scroll) instead of skipping to the next track (pushing right on right scroll). Not sure if it's me, but I feel like the scroll button is a bit less flexible with touch causing it to get the wrong input.

what size did you go with for the Latitudes? (and Tour, Alpin, or Sport?)
It looks like Tesla has their own flavor of Latitude. Here is what came on my Plaid:
Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 15.54.22.png

Interestingly, Tire Rack thinks my car should have 265 fronts while what is installed are 255. Anyone have anything different? Talking 20" here.

Reactions: -motts-
I'm baaaaaack!

I've got FSD beta. Wife hates it: she's convinced it will kill us any day. I've got mixed feelings. I think it's the 💩 on the freeway but just plain 💩 on city streets. It did get a bit better after the first few weeks, though. Of course, there is no FSD or even autopilot when towing. I have a bit of buyer's remorse on FSD, though not with the rest of the vehicle. But since I'm an idiot, I'll probably include FSD when I order a Model 3 early next year.

I'm baaaaaack!

I've got FSD beta. Wife hates it: she's convinced it will kill us any day. I've got mixed feelings. I think it's the 💩 on the freeway but just plain 💩 on city streets. It did get a bit better after the first few weeks, though. Of course, there is no FSD or even autopilot when towing. I have a bit of buyer's remorse on FSD, though not with the rest of the vehicle. But since I'm an idiot, I'll probably include FSD when I order a Model 3 early next year.
Wow I want it so badly! I know FSD beta isn’t perfect but I sure love it in the Y.

Reactions: kriskros91
Oh and one more thing, I have a model 3 so I'm pretty use to the steering wheel scroll buttons. However, on the yoke, I keep accidentally pausing music (clicking down on right scroll) instead of skipping to the next track (pushing right on right scroll). Not sure if it's me, but I feel like the scroll button is a bit less flexible with touch causing it to get the wrong input.
Yes, same issue with my 2021 Plaid S. Scroll buttons kinda soft compared to the more clickable prominent ones on a Y or 3.

Noob question. Is it advisable to charge while raining outside.
Not with the mobile connector.
My brother who is also a noob with his 2022 model 3, just discovered this fact the hard way. His mobile connector is no longer working after charging in the rain. The mobile connector itself is seeping water out from under the charge port button when he presses it.

Personally I was shocked (no pun intended) that any of Tesla’s chargers would not be fully water proof. But yeah. My brother has already bought his wall charger so he’ll be charging better soon!

Ok has anybody successfully summoned their refresh X? Summon 100% does not activate for me. I have tried repeatedly, on multiple occasions. In the app the Go To Target button always is rapidly blinking between two error messages, one of which of something to the effect of “vision system is temporarily degraded” which can’t be true because the car is pristine clean.

Even without the music on Summon (*Sugar* you NHTSA), I really enjoy Summon in the Y, and would like to use it in the X. 🥹

But I can’t even START Summon.
As a follow up to this, I was able to do a Smart Summon today! 😊 Glory be! 🤭

Not with the mobile connector.
My brother who is also a noob with his 2022 model 3, just discovered this fact the hard way. His mobile connector is no longer working after charging in the rain. The mobile connector itself is seeping water out from under the charge port button when he presses it.

Personally I was shocked (no pun intended) that any of Tesla’s chargers would not be fully water proof. But yeah. My brother has already bought his wall charger so he’ll be charging better soon!
We’ve used our mobile charger exclusively over the recent PNW winter. And it rained a. Lot. No issue with it

Watch out. Summon caused a microscopic scratch while exiting my garage door. I stopped it before it caused more damage. I consider summon to be Not Ready for Prime Time. Like most of FSD.
Oh I ONLY use Summon when the car is in the wide open.

And I routinely stop Summon mid summoning and run over to the car, lol.

Using summon requires a certain willingness to be a dork for the occasional “oh yeah” moment