Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021/2022 Model X Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like Tesla has their own flavor of Latitude. Here is what came on my Plaid:
View attachment 831148

Interestingly, Tire Rack thinks my car should have 265 fronts while what is installed are 255. Anyone have anything different? Talking 20" here.
The OEM summer tire package is 255/275 on the 20's. The all-season package is 265/275. It's been that way for the entire life of the vehicle AFAIK (Europe usually got delivered with summer tires on their X's IIRC)

• Informative
Reactions: bobusn and strider
I'm baaaaaack!

I've got FSD beta. Wife hates it: she's convinced it will kill us any day. I've got mixed feelings. I think it's the 💩 on the freeway but just plain 💩 on city streets. It did get a bit better after the first few weeks, though. Of course, there is no FSD or even autopilot when towing. I have a bit of buyer's remorse on FSD, though not with the rest of the vehicle. But since I'm an idiot, I'll probably include FSD when I order a Model 3 early next year.
If you want a model 3 early next year I would say put your order in now before there's 20 more price hikes..... At the rate things are going you'll end up paying for your M3 what you paid last year for your X.

Reactions: bobusn
Not with the mobile connector.
My brother who is also a noob with his 2022 model 3, just discovered this fact the hard way. His mobile connector is no longer working after charging in the rain. The mobile connector itself is seeping water out from under the charge port button when he presses it.

Personally I was shocked (no pun intended) that any of Tesla’s chargers would not be fully water proof. But yeah. My brother has already bought his wall charger so he’ll be charging better soon!
Your brother's mobile connector must have been defective. We are currently staying in our Tampa property for the summer where we don't have a garage... I have a nema 14-50 outlet in the driveway.... we have been using the mobile charger out there for a month and have had some gnarly rain storms... No issues at all so far.

You can have a brand new model 3 Performance basically next week if you want one. I don’t think more price hikes are coming on Model 3. Seems like they are able to fulfill orders pretty quickly and all the delays are on X and Y. If you want a 3 Long Range that’s a little bit longer wait but it’s not by much. Definitely get it by Q422. I think production has caught or passed demand in the US. The only thing left with a super long estimated lead time left is X Long Range.

Last edited:
Reactions: timberlights
You can have a brand new model 3 Performance basically next week if you want one. I don’t think more price hikes are coming on Model 3. Seems like they are able to fulfill orders pretty quickly and all the delays are on X and Y. If you want a 3 Long Range that’s a little bit longer wait but it’s not by much. Definitely get it by Q422. I think production has caught or passed demand in the US. The only thing left with a super long estimated lead time left is X Long Range.

Empirical data: Ordered M3P Red/White on 22 July 2022, EDD 14 September - 19 October 2022.

More like a couple of months but point taken.... Price increases aren't just about demand, Elon made it pretty clear that it's due to inflation and rising material costs. Prices will stop rising once inflation is under control.

Any plaid owners with a safety score over 96. I think its impossible. This car is too good.
I can only imagine. I have LR and it’s so fun. I was doing very well, like safety score 98, until one morning I had to make a long drive and was tight for time and didn’t even think about the safety score until afterwards when I was like OMG.

I had gotten like a 28 for the day even though I drove safely (just very assertively).

That dropped my overall score to like 94 or 95. I’m still at 95 overall.

I had the SAME very-pressured drive yesterday and scored 96 for the day (paradoxically I nearly had a side collision with somebody in my drivers side blind spot while I was not on autopilot on city streets).

I really really could use FSD. it’s not perfect but it really is safer. Like lane changes— unquestionably safer.

I am considering putting my side view mirrors into the “No-blind-spot” orientation but that takes some getting used to.

I can only imagine. I have LR and it’s so fun. I was doing very well, like safety score 98, until one morning I had to make a long drive and was tight for time and didn’t even think about the safety score until afterwards when I was like OMG.

I had gotten like a 28 for the day even though I drove safely (just very assertively).

That dropped my overall score to like 94 or 95. I’m still at 95 overall.

I had the SAME very-pressured drive yesterday and scored 96 for the day (paradoxically I nearly had a side collision with somebody in my drivers side blind spot while I was not on autopilot on city streets).

I really really could use FSD. it’s not perfect but it really is safer. Like lane changes— unquestionably safer.

I am considering putting my side view mirrors into the “No-blind-spot” orientation but that takes some getting used to.
Been doing that for the last 3 cars. You don’t really need to see your own car, that’s just wasted mirror space.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
just a photo from a fresh wash, the driver side FWD is annoyingly "within spec"

Attachments

• 20220807_123904.jpg
    20220807_123904.jpg
    879.7 KB · Views: 113
If they had DIY instructions on how to do fine adjustments, I’m pretty sure I’d be perfectly happy to learn how to do it myself.
The Tesla documentation on how to adjust the FWDs is available. But it’s not for the faint-of-heart.

Attachments

• TN-16-11-002_Adjusting_the_Rear_Doors_(Falcon_Wing_Doors)_R1.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 79