Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021/2022 Model X Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just went out and took a pix of my trip odometer. My 80mph test was a few weeks ago, and I don't have a shot of that, but it was 310 Wh/mile in over 20 miles.

View attachment 843760
(Sorry for the bad moiré)
This borders on surreal … i mean congrats but wow I have a REALLY hard time believing this, even seeing this photo. I’m getting almost exactly 330 Wh/mi (total average) and I’m at 8,383 miles. If your stats are correct (sorry I’m just completely mind blown and yeah ok green jealous lol Wowww!!) your vehicle needs to be studied by Tesla because something about it is absurdly good.

And I paid to have my wheels aligned, by Tesla, pretty much right out of the gate. And I drive reasonably non-aggressively and don’t go more than 5 over. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: EV3_
Tried drag strip launch on my LR but didn’t launch properly. It only gives a few seconds to launch otherwise it goes into “reduced motor power available”. Anyone have this experience?
No I definitely have NOT seen that warning. In fact I can drive along with it at “Peak Performance Ready” or whatever it says when it’s ready to launch and I just turn it off after a while because I worry maybe leaving it like that is not good for the battery (? 🤷🏼‍♂️👀 lol idk 😬).

I think you should get yours checked. 🥺🫣🙇🏼‍♂️

Reactions: EV3_ and jkhanesq
Long time! There was a time I’d check this forum like a hawk. @KidsEyeDr triggered an alert!

I have 3k on mine now. Let camera gave me trouble which he replaced yesterday but now, my LH FWD is seeing weird object that’s not really there. It’s not opening. I see a red bar in the display next to my left door.
Ugh. I am only slightly starting to worry! How has your starship been so far?

Reactions: KidsEyeDr and EV3_
Long time! There was a time I’d check this forum like a hawk. @KidsEyeDr triggered an alert!

I have 3k on mine now. Let camera gave me trouble which he replaced yesterday but now, my LH FWD is seeing weird object that’s not really there. It’s not opening. I see a red bar in the display next to my left door.
Ugh. I am only slightly starting to worry! How has your starship been so far?
Sorry to hear that! 🥺🥺🥺
Mine has been rock solid except some flat rubber strip on the front edge of the driver and passenger doors came off and Tesla fixed obviously perfectly with mobile service (❤️). Not the round weather gasket strip: that’s stayed 100% on.

However, saga: fatefully on Nov 9th, with the minor cat 1 hurricane that rolled straight through our town (Not the cat 5 gulf coast one), I had to drive through a fairly deeply flooded road. It’s a road that regularly floods with every rainstorm more than a sprinkle, but this time at its deepest it was maybe a foot deep, and I didn’t expect that. At a couple points it got very scary; briefly I even lost contact with road and it’s a two lane road with lots of traffic moving at about 30-35 mph both ways; at those deepest points everybody naturally was slowed down and thankfully I wasn’t following too closely. However the resulting massive water spray through the front wheel wells popped off the front wheel well trim partly on the driver side and broke the trim off on the passenger side and dislodged the ultrasound on the passenger side front wheel well. 😢 (Trim getting ripped off happened to several other vehicles too; not just my Tesla.) Immediately afterwards, once back home, I rinsed anything and everything off that the water might have been able to get to, with the hose, for about an hour, on my driveway right during the ‘cane lol, including the underside and wheels and wheel wells very thoroughly afterward, and then parked my car to dry out in my 30% humidity (that’s bone dry) 85 degree F garage. So it dried out almost immediately (I examined it beyond thoroughly and inside my garage even popped off the trim under the hood around the frunk—clearly designed to be removable, and very clean and neat mechanical packaging under there… so unlike the helter-skelter mess we are used to seeing in gas cars).

Anyway the worst part is that as I was driving through the deepest water on that road I got warnings about traction control, electronic stability control, antilock brake and even the air suspension being disabled none of which has ever happened to me before, and from that point on FSD beta was not able to be engaged (no yoke icon on the display). Afterwards none of that reset. 😟 I have a service appt for the vehicle (trim parts should be in by next week) and I’ve asked them to fix all that.

Anyway I’m obviously upset because this car has been so so incredibly good to me and while I know Teslas are known for their water-fording abilities I’ve pretty much vowed to never drive that road when it’s flooded again 😠😖, which btw is a road lined with million dollar homes that have regularly deeply flooded lawns and driveways lol and I’ve always thought who on earth would buy these.

So right now my car sits in the garage unused because I obviously don’t feel safe driving without antilock brakes or electronic stability control or traction control, let alone FSD. 😞 In fact lol I’m pretty sure I miss FSD beta the most 😅.

I cannot WAIT to have it fixed. I have several times now been looking at the Tesla website, tempted to buy another haha but it’s not like there’s Amazon Prime two-day delivery haha so i just have to wait for service lol ugh 😩 at least that should be soon! 🤩🥳☺️

Last edited:
My poor baby
A494F244-C348-4C00-BD3D-416F4BEB721A.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: jkhanesq and EV3_
Sorry to hear that! 🥺🥺🥺
Mine has been rock solid except some flat rubber strip on the front edge of the driver and passenger doors came off and Tesla fixed obviously perfectly with mobile service (❤️). Not the round weather gasket strip: that’s stayed 100% on.

However, saga: fatefully on Nov 9th, with the minor cat 1 hurricane that rolled straight through our town (Not the cat 5 gulf coast one), I had to drive through a fairly deeply flooded road. It’s a road that regularly floods with every rainstorm more than a sprinkle, but this time at its deepest it was maybe a foot deep, and I didn’t expect that. At a couple points it got very scary; briefly I even lost contact with road and it’s a two lane road with lots of traffic moving at about 30-35 mph both ways; at those deepest points everybody naturally was slowed down and thankfully I wasn’t following too closely. However the resulting massive water spray through the front wheel wells popped off the front wheel well trim partly on the driver side and broke the trim off on the passenger side and dislodged the ultrasound on the passenger side front wheel well. 😢 (Trim getting ripped off happened to several other vehicles too; not just my Tesla.) Immediately afterwards, once back home, I rinsed anything and everything off that the water might have been able to get to, with the hose, for about an hour, on my driveway right during the ‘cane lol, including the underside and wheels and wheel wells very thoroughly afterward, and then parked my car to dry out in my 30% humidity (that’s bone dry) 85 degree F garage. So it dried out almost immediately (I examined it beyond thoroughly and inside my garage even popped off the trim under the hood around the frunk—clearly designed to be removable, and very clean and neat mechanical packaging under there… so unlike the helter-skelter mess we are used to seeing in gas cars).

Anyway the worst part is that as I was driving through the deepest water on that road I got warnings about traction control, electronic stability control, antilock brake and even the air suspension being disabled none of which has ever happened to me before, and from that point on FSD beta was not able to be engaged (no yoke icon on the display). Afterwards none of that reset. 😟 I have a service appt for the vehicle (trim parts should be in by next week) and I’ve asked them to fix all that.

Anyway I’m obviously upset because this car has been so so incredibly good to me and while I know Teslas are known for their water-fording abilities I’ve pretty much vowed to never drive that road when it’s flooded again 😠😖, which btw is a road lined with million dollar homes that have regularly deeply flooded lawns and driveways lol and I’ve always thought who on earth would buy these.

So right now my car sits in the garage unused because I obviously don’t feel safe driving without antilock brakes or electronic stability control or traction control, let alone FSD. 😞 In fact lol I’m pretty sure I miss FSD beta the most 😅.

I cannot WAIT to have it fixed. I have several times now been looking at the Tesla website, tempted to buy another haha but it’s not like there’s Amazon Prime two-day delivery haha so i just have to wait for service lol ugh 😩 at least that should be soon! 🤩🥳☺️
Holy moly. Man. As I read your story, I thought this will be that red X in FL that drove through standing water in the YouTube video that went viral! Sorry to hear about your baby; looks like it can be quickly fixed.

Did I read right that you already enrolled in fsd beta? I’ve been on 95 for a while but don’t expect it to get it for a year!

I can’t for the life of me figure out why my X thinks there is an object infront of it’s FWD (sensor issue I suppose).

Side note wonder if @Stro ’s 310 mileage (it was an LR) issue got resolved.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Holy moly. Man. As I read your story, I thought this will be that red X in FL that drove through standing water in the YouTube video that went viral! Sorry to hear about your baby; looks like it can be quickly fixed.

Did I read right that you already enrolled in fsd beta? I’ve been on 95 for a while but don’t expect it to get it for a year!

I can’t for the life of me figure out why my X thinks there is an object infront of it.

Side note wonder if @Stro ’s 310 mileage (it was an LR) issue got resolved.
Yes I have FSD beta and now I know the true meaning of love! 😍😍😍 but seriously it is really next level
It also does dumb things sometimes lol

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: EV3_ and jkhanesq