Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Btw, does anyone know exact tire sizes on 20” wheels?
All Plaids are delivered with summer high performance tires and we will need to get winter/all seasons while they’re out there.
255/45 R20 front, 275/45 R20 rear. Tire Rack and Discount Tire show 265’s as OE on the front, but that is not correct.
CF912A8D-61A9-468C-BA37-27A267916E05.jpeg

Anyone that can share photos/insight on tinting the windshield of the X?

For our MYP and previous M3LR we always get the windshield tinted along with the rest of the car but have heard some issues with the X windshield.

Is it true because of the size they can't place the film to cover the whole length of the windshield due to the rolls not being long enough so it only goes to the rearview mirror?
I saw a youtube video the other day and they were able to.

Guys... Help me decide on FSD... Do I cancel it or keep it, paid 10k for it. Picking up MX on Wednesday, haven't paid for it yet.

I've never used it on MS yet due to beta waiting game but I did use auto park, summon and auto lane change, which is nice but I don't think it's worth extra costs..
keep it, it's entertaining

255/45 R20 front, 275/45 R20 rear. Tire Rack and Discount Tire show 265’s as OE on the front, but that is not correct. View attachment 762709
Strange. Tesla has them listed as 265/45/20 on the fronts as well.

Reactions: JBTMX

For our MYP and previous M3LR we always get the windshield tinted along with the rest of the car but have heard some issues with the X windshield.

Is it true because of the size they can't place the film to cover the whole length of the windshield due to the rolls not being long enough so it only goes to the rearview mirror?
Just ask in the Main X forum. That way your question will not get buried in the over 1000 posts.

It can totally be tinted....any place that says they can't do it isn't a truly professional place anyway. anyone that is good at it will have done many model X the correct way

Reactions: FLScubaLife
Just make sure the peeps you pick can do one piece for the X. More high endy shops I would suppose. I had a 2 piece windshield tint removed for a quality 1 piece tint (spectra Photosync) and it makes a demonstrable difference.
Spectra Photosync is what I have on my M3 and it makes a heck of a difference. Definitely getting it done on the X or if there is something better, go with that. Texas is hot and humid and I rarely feel it in my Tesla.

Called 2-tesla locations to get the most information I can. Asked for 5 seats long-range option delivery estimate. Have been told...NOTHING. There is no information about 5 seat option delivery so far.
I called today on my 5 seat LR which
Called 2-tesla locations to get the most information I can. Asked for 5 seats long-range option delivery estimate. Have been told...NOTHING. There is no information about 5 seat option delivery so far.
I called today about my LR MX 5 seater - they told me I should speak to my SA because Tesla “might” not be producing the 5 seater. He said they plan on calling 5 seat preorders soon. I guess that we may face the same dilemma as the Plaid owners - switch to the 6 seater or cancel. Ughhh.

Guys! I'm over the moon right now.

This morning, I got a call from Tesla (415 area code) while I was in the courtroom (Jury Duty)...He left a message and I called him back around 5:30 pm (EST).
He updated me that I was VIN matched on Jan 29, 2022, and my car has now left the factory today heading for the rail yard to East Coast.
This time he made it clear and confident that it is impossible to unmatch the VIN and more than 5 people are looking at this VIN process.

I feel like a Tesla VIP right now. (After the VIN yanking fiasco on Nov 30, 2021).

I wish we all get our cars soon especially those who ordered early last year.

When I got "vinned" last Thursday, I was scrambling to post my car for a quick sale. I honestly was expecting $80-$85k. I decided to submit an appraisal through Tesla so I uploaded pics and mileage and within 30 mins they came back at $94900. I was over the moon and quickly accepted the trade in asap before they change their mind lol. Just for reference I traded my 2018 MX P100D Ludicrous with FSD and HW3 and it had 54400 miles on it.
Decent price actually, i got offered from a dealership 92k 2018 P100D Insane with fsd, 20k miles. I’m def going to submit a trade in form when they allow it, too soon at this point with Tesla.

I called today on my 5 seat LR which

I called today about my LR MX 5 seater - they told me I should speak to my SA because Tesla “might” not be producing the 5 seater. He said they plan on calling 5 seat preorders soon. I guess that we may face the same dilemma as the Plaid owners - switch to the 6 seater or cancel. Ughhh.
If it turns out that they are only going to produce a 6 seater I would consider canceling. I want a five-seater with a lot of space behind the center seats for hauling things. Even a 7 seater would be OK for me. But, the six-seater where the center seats do not fold flat and give you a flat space all the way to the rear might not be acceptable.

Strange. Tesla has them listed as 265/45/20 on the fronts as well.

Mine came with 255/45 as well

Just got back from picking up my MX Plaid and delivery was smooth as silk. I was in and out in less than a half an hour. I did a through inspection of the entire car and everything looked perfect. Only thing missing according to the SA was aero inserts for the wheels which I don't recall the Plaids having. In any regard, the SA made a service appointment for me to get whatever was missing. There is a small scratch inside the pass falcon wing door (See pic) that is no big deal and can easily be touched up.

I drove it a measly 7 miles directly to the shop to get a full wrap and tint. I did immediately look for the top of the steering wheel to make a left turn out of the dealer center and grabbed onto nothing LOL. That will take some getting used to as well as the turn signals but I should be able to adapt fairly quickly.

Overall super happy with the delivery and now I have to wait another full week before I go back to pick up the car from the shop. Enjoy these pics and to all those still waiting, hang in there. It will be 100% worth the wait.

Sorry to ask this, but are those summer tires they had you drive away with? Are you getting All seasons? I’m sure this has been asked before, but when i got my Model S Plaid a few months ago, they said tough crap on the 20” with summer tires, so i had to almost immediately get new tires since we had a colder late October and summer tires won‘t cut it.

hey gang - long time lurker, first time poster.

I was one of the lucky that had a 5 seat Plaid on order that got the call to move to the 6-seater free of charge. For those that also got this call - do you accurately see your original price on your account page? I noticed there's no longer a standalone line item for the 6-seater, as thats now included in the base Plaid config. However, that $6500 shifted back into the base config price, so its not exactly "free of charge" for me at the moment. A few calls into Tesla said theres an open ticket to readjust the price back to the original order, but its been a few days and im not seeing any updates.

I do have a VIN assigned as of last week, so trying to wrap up financing, but this extra $6500 lingering is giving me pause. The rep who called said to see this "adjusted 72 hours prior to delivery", but thats a kinda lame answer when you're trying to determine financed amount versus due at signing.

Anyone else go through this and have your original order pricing honored? Did that show up in your account accurately?
Hi. Did you ever get the $6500 reduction in price? My delivery is day after tomorrow but the account continues to show the current price, without any adjustment. Please let me know if you get this resolved, and I shall do the same if mine is. Thanks.

Reactions: FLScubaLife
Just got a call from Tesla. They confirmed that they will not be making 5-seats or 7-seats in the MX Plaid, ever. They are canceling all 5/7 orders and moving people to 6, and waiving the +$6500 cost to upgrade from 5 to 6 as part of it. Effective immediately.

The "waived" price is odd. Basically Tesla is eating the $7500 EV credit (which I thought was gone?) and applying that towards the $6500 upgrade price for 5 to 6, so that the actual price due at delivery is unchanged. But your account will continue to show the increased price.