Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Plaid X was delivered this morning after an 8 month wait. They drove it an hour to me from the delivery center. The woman was in a big hurry to leave. She said the car had none of the issues discussed on the forums such as panel gaps, paint issues, etc. She had me open my app and click accept. Was at my house no more than 2 1/2 minutes before leaving. I haven't even gotten inside the car and there's a five inch crack on the windshield. I immediately called her and asked her to return for the vehicle and she refused. She said, "I've done my job, it's something you'll have to take care of with the service center." I said, you haven't done your job. Your job was to inspect the vehicle and you failed to do that. What recourse do I have?
Sorry to hear it. Let me share my similar story:

It was raining the day we took delivery of our CPO Model X, so I didn't notice any problems with the glass. The next morning, after driving less than 30 miles total, I found a windshield chip. I took photos and opened a service ticket ASAP. I was expecting they would do chip repair, but they inspected it and said that it was repaired previously, so Tesla replaced the entire windshield at no cost to me. I even got a loaner for the day.

💩 happens but Tesla did me a solid on the windshield.

Free advice from the internet: open a service ticket right away, and be polite but firm.

My Plaid X was delivered this morning after an 8 month wait. They drove it an hour to me from the delivery center. The woman was in a big hurry to leave. She said the car had none of the issues discussed on the forums such as panel gaps, paint issues, etc. She had me open my app and click accept. Was at my house no more than 2 1/2 minutes before leaving. I haven't even gotten inside the car and there's a five inch crack on the windshield. I immediately called her and asked her to return for the vehicle and she refused. She said, "I've done my job, it's something you'll have to take care of with the service center." I said, you haven't done your job. Your job was to inspect the vehicle and you failed to do that. What recourse do I have?
JFC

Screenshot_20220216-110218_Outlook.jpg

I have a Velar and my wife has a new Defender. Love the style, so not a fan of the glitchy entertainment system and electronics. My Velar was a lease for which I was to turn in after my hopeful Q1 MXLR delivery but that went to crap today.
Buy your Velar out like I did last year. I was expecting (naively) that the MX would be delivered in the summer 2021. I bought my Velar out in June 2021 as it was a better deal than extending the lease (residual was 42K and the estimated value was 50K). Today, my car is selling for nearly 60K. Its a nice ride while waiting forever for an X, glitchy screens and all.

Reactions: SOBX MX
I'm lucky to have an SA that will respond to my emails and does a reasonable job of getting back to me, even if they're not proactively doing so. I recently conversed with them about my order (a few days ago when I still had an EDD of April) where he told me:

When I search your order I’m showing that you should be getting a VIN assigned next quarter which is April-June. That’s better than its said previously because before it just said nothing at all. I work remote now for the whole state but I am seeing more Model X orders being filled every day so I think we are on track.

This was just a couple of days ago. I had a small sliver of hopefulness after his email, but like many here my MXLR, 5-seat variation, with a May 2021 order date, too just got bumped to July 2022 as well just a couple days after getting his reply.

I'd also asked if he believed we'd be seeing the LR go the route of the Plaid and eliminate the 5 and 7 seat version, to which he answered:

As for the seats the only info we got was that the plaid was going to the 6 seat. I don’t think they will change anything on the Long ranges at this point. If they were going to do that I would have expected it to have been announced when they did it for the plaid.

Not sure I agree with him or not on this one. As things drag on I suspect eventually they're going to want to simplify the line even further, and eliminating one, if not two seat configurations seems like a way to do so, as well as perhaps improve quality control with fewer variations to look over.

Anyway, just thought I'd share, FWIW.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they pushed our LRs to jan 2023 especially the 5/7 seat people

My wife is pregnant, due in August baby#2, so you are saying me i have time to bring home baby #3 before i receive my model X?

Last week i was at a dealership because my Leaf will need a batery replacement under waranty, they had a Hyundai Ioniq 5, next week i will need to go back, i will probably take a better look, and try to see the Mercedes dealership if they have an EQB, i don't know if i can wait until next year...

Just got an email cancelling my 7 seater order. Stating they are no longer making that configuration, I can update to the 6 seater at the new pricing though!!! Wow, so down grade my configuration and pay 18k more? This is ridiculous, I get they are having issues but this is not how to handle them.

Order date 5/1/2021
Blue
Plaid
White interior
7 seater
Plaid being only 6 seater has been known for a few months now though, but yeah, still sucks. But you should only be paying the difference from 7 to 6 seater imho

Reactions: Elixir