Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone with Plaid orders have unaffected dates?
I'm preparing for a change
I noticed people who had their EDD windows pushed had entered their window....so I think its unlikely our plaid edd windows will move until we enter our window....which will suck.....have us with high hopes allllllll the way up until we enter the window then get pushed lol....I feel like if they gonna push they should've just did it today.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Just got off the phone with the "service" center. They are towing my car back to Brownsville. They estimate they will need it for several weeks awaiting parts, including the windshield. Right FWD only goes up 3/4 of the way. There is a large chip out of the paint in the rear quarter panel. They said they will need to repaint the rear quarter panel at a body shop. Besides the inconvenience of not having a car for the next month this brings up a couple of questions. I will be making payments on the car but not have use of it. Do I file with Tesla insurance to get a rental car? Will the body shop report it as a repair and it shows up on a Carfax as a previously repaired vehicle?

I noticed people who had their EDD windows pushed had entered their window....so I think its unlikely our plaid edd windows will move until we enter our window....which will suck.....have us with high hopes allllllll the way up until we enter the window then get pushed lol....I feel like if they gonna push they should've just did it today.
It's a roll of dice honestly. Some people recieved vin before their window

View attachment 769882

No income limits.

From what I gathered, needs to be purchased in Illinois on or after July 1, 2022, new or used, apply for credit within 90 days of purchase, and the EV needs to be retained for at least 12 months.
I believe there are income limits : “buyers must apply for the credit within 90 days of purchasing the vehicle, and rebates are restricted to buyers whose average income doesn’t exceed 80 percent of the area’s median income – also taking household size into account.”

I believe there are income limits : “buyers must apply for the credit within 90 days of purchasing the vehicle, and rebates are restricted to buyers whose average income doesn’t exceed 80 percent of the area’s median income – also taking household size into account.”
Where do you see the 80% median income limit? There has been multiple drafts of an Illinois EV credit bill and you have to confirm it is the one that was actually passed.

Reactions: croman
Just got bumped to July EDD from April. It’s like 2021 all over again. Ha. This can’t be a placeholder unless all 7 seaters were moved to July EDD. Maybe that’s when they think supply chain issues will lift? Any other 5/7 seaters get moved to a different date?

W/w/7/20/FSD originally ordered November 2020

Got bumped today too from April EDD to July. Ordered blue/cream 5 seat on March 21, 2021. Received the call in October to switch to 6 seats but declined. Wonder if they are going to cancel the 5/7 configuration like they did with plaids.

Reactions: Elixir and cjkosh
Just got bumped to July EDD from April. It’s like 2021 all over again. Ha. This can’t be a placeholder unless all 7 seaters were moved to July EDD. Maybe that’s when they think supply chain issues will lift? Any other 5/7 seaters get moved to a different date?

W/w/7/20/FSD originally ordered November 2020
After reading your post I rechecked our order. YUP, our EDD moved from April to July!
Ordered in July 2021: Silver/black interior/7/20/FSD...

Reactions: msjodilynn1
At this point I am frustrated that my 7 seater is pushed to July ordered on 02/01/2021. My wife is completely pissed that I promised a new car last year and it is this delayed
I have few questions
1. Can I go to show room and ask to switch to 6 seater
2. If I switch will I get the car in next 1 or 2 months
3. What are the disadvantages of having 6 seater over 7 seater.
Question: do you trust anything that tesla tells you in regards to switching configurations and promised delivery dates?

Reactions: gglockner
After reading some of the horrible delivery experiences from some of the members here, I’m starting to see what made Ben Sullins turn. 😞
Model X is a red herring for anyone trying to assess the Tesla experience.

And with all due regard, I feel Ben Sullins is not even making sense with his rants / IMO he needs help.

All these push backs are irritating especially when they try to reason with "Well there is a lot of demand for the X". Yeah I get that, but the demand for the vehicle shouldn't affect my order from January '21, it should affect January '22 orders. More people getting in line shouldn't affect the front of the line.
Let’s not confuse the issue with facts…