Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They moved almost everyone here to July. Do you really believe that can make that many cars in July? This is just another lie and the total disrespect to their customers. Sometimes - actually, very often - I think that Tesla hates their customers.
Nope no way they could deliver all cars in July… so far all of their mass month placeholders have meant absolutely nothing. This one is just really odd since it’s a 3 month move and comes so quickly after the routine 1 month move…… so either something happened in production, it’s a system glitch, or who the heck knows lol.

Does anyone else still show an EDD of TBD? Mine has been that way for about 6 weeks. I have no idea what it could mean. I thought perhaps it's a sign that my LR 5 seater was never going to be produced, but I just saw someone else's with a July EDD.

GIven Elon said it was stupid for them to shut the line down back in Dec of 2020... it would be naive to think this delay has anything to do with headlights or batteries. My suspicion is its more of a reality check than anything. We knew that April date was crap. They got flack for changing it every month, so they fixed the glitch.

Someone noted (without evidence) that it's due to a rumored rework of the X production pipeline, which I hope is true. The current "quality lottery" situation on this car is absolutely insane, especially given that it's one of their flagship models.

Someone noted (without evidence) that it's due to a rumored rework of the X production pipeline, which I hope is true. The current "quality lottery" situation on this car is absolutely insane, especially given that it's one of their flagship models.
I guess that would soften the blow a little bit. I would wait a few more months for guaranteed better quality…. I’ve already waited 11 months, what’s 3 more.

True. Dont know why we stopped using it actually. But InsideEVs actually just did a 70mph range test in the Lucid Dream Edition here in AZ and got like exactly 500.1 miles. So there's a fairly decent benchmark of sorts
In California there are hills everywhere except the 99 but everyone wants to get off that fwy, so I wonder what it would actually do here in our world. The same guy that did that range test never tested any MS LR or MX LR. Not sure where his allegiances are because of that.

Reactions: bhramabull
For those of you that have gotten XPEL PPF installed or quoted, how much did it run? I feel like the place by me that quoted me is trying to rip me off. I was looking to do the stealth line.

My favorite installer in the Bay Area quoted me $1595 full front for the refresh X. Basically bumper, front fenders, hood, and side mirrors. Edges fully wrapped. Door edges included. Doesn't include A pillars or windshield. My price is a discount for being a repeat customer.

He's done both Xpel Ultimate Plus and Suntek Ultra for me.

ju

the best thing for Tesla is to cancel the 5 or 7 seat entirely which will force everyone to update the design and pay the new increased price in full.
sheeps will do that and pay full price as it is today...I won't since I don't think the car is worth more than what I ordered it for.
the reseller market begs to differ. Loudly.

Why did you accept the 135k car without fully inspecting it? Bc she was in a hurry to go? I hate to say it but you weren’t too smart to do that.
The delivery person showed up over an hour late without any message that she would be late. At that point I had very little time left before leaving for another commitment. She said I should click "accept" to get access to the car to inspect it, so I did. Then she walked away and got in her car and drove off as I was still speaking to her. I texted her and said, come back, the car is damaged. She replied "I'm sure the service center will take care of you." I called her and texted her and she ghosted me. So I take responsibility for not forcing her to wait. Lesson learned the hard way. I didn't expect a trillion dollar company to hire people this unethical.

I’m about to be really happy and get headaches at same time tomorrow. 🤦‍♂️

Taillight has a little crack.
Roof trim need to be replaced.
Missing paint at the front bumper edge.
Front hood need to be realigned.
FWD trim need to be reinstall or replace.
And many more…. 😢😩

Good luck everyone.

Attachments

• FD19DF93-5E6D-4F59-870B-5A36CE0BED7B.jpeg
    FD19DF93-5E6D-4F59-870B-5A36CE0BED7B.jpeg
    687.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 3A9B99D8-A222-41A2-9D4E-3C3D682975DB.jpeg
    3A9B99D8-A222-41A2-9D4E-3C3D682975DB.jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 73
  • D432DA58-4A4D-414E-86BB-68CD3DB6F856.jpeg
    D432DA58-4A4D-414E-86BB-68CD3DB6F856.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 73
  • 109195BF-EDEC-4532-ADE0-810F8E0F86EC.jpeg
    109195BF-EDEC-4532-ADE0-810F8E0F86EC.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 77
  • F6C7ED92-3C60-40E7-BAE0-EEFCCB435247.jpeg
    F6C7ED92-3C60-40E7-BAE0-EEFCCB435247.jpeg
    261.2 KB · Views: 73
  • D329567D-7F66-4F6F-ADDA-305383639805.jpeg
    D329567D-7F66-4F6F-ADDA-305383639805.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 77
  • E8A2BE2C-FD3E-4294-B284-4A272D128F6C.jpeg
    E8A2BE2C-FD3E-4294-B284-4A272D128F6C.jpeg
    323.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 7D70F9CC-AD5D-43BB-897C-B5E23D518A42.jpeg
    7D70F9CC-AD5D-43BB-897C-B5E23D518A42.jpeg
    292.1 KB · Views: 72
  • F6E624DB-AB8A-41F7-A88A-B27338E4282D.jpeg
    F6E624DB-AB8A-41F7-A88A-B27338E4282D.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 0DD31B8D-5CFF-4136-923B-04B1E2E02391.jpeg
    0DD31B8D-5CFF-4136-923B-04B1E2E02391.jpeg
    755.6 KB · Views: 74
The delivery person showed up over an hour late without any message that she would be late. At that point I had very little time left before leaving for another commitment. She said I should click "accept" to get access to the car to inspect it, so I did. Then she walked away and got in her car and drove off as I was still speaking to her. I texted her and said, come back, the car is damaged. She replied "I'm sure the service center will take care of you." I called her and texted her and she ghosted me. So I take responsibility for not forcing her to wait. Lesson learned the hard way. I didn't expect a trillion dollar company to hire people this unethical.
Damn I hear so many horror stories about home deliveries, I’m so thankful that I have 2 SCs near me to pick up.

I’m about to be really happy and get headaches at same time tomorrow. 🤦‍♂️

Taillight has a little crack.
Roof trim need to be replaced.
Missing paint at the front bumper edge.
Front hood need to be realigned.
FWD trim need to be reinstall or replace.
And many more…. 😢😩

Good luck everyone.
Man, I’m so nervous about getting a *sugar* car on Sunday now. To be back in the queue would be devastating but necessary if it means getting something solid. Yea, SC can fix most things, but with the shortage of parts, this could take months.

Understood and sorry if I sounded harsh. Her behavior is frankly in like with the corporate values of TESLA, which as I have previously noted are a dumpster fire. I would put them in line with the likes of Facebook. Over time TESLA will be eaten alive in the auto market due to their short term profit maximization at all costs culture and consequent industry-low customer service quality. It’s ironic but like Facebook the ESG rating of Tesla is in free fall…