Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any experience with Volvo subscription? I really need a car and considering taking Volvo XC90 via their subscription offer, it can be canceled after 5 month so hopefully my X order will be ready around this time.
I did this with an XC40 Recharge back in November, 2021 (when my MX EDD was April - that was exactly 5 months). I am loving the car. Volvo delivered it to my local dealer within 2 weeks and I have been driving it ever since. The Care by Volvo program is perfect for our situation here as it goes month-month after 5 months for up to 24 months - the way Tesla is going it may be the latter ;). So you can just keep driving it without worry and whenever your X finally arrives, you return the car.

But yeah, no complaints with Volvo at all.

Reactions: cjkosh
Sure. Wanna ship it to the Midwest??
Sure. Just send over the payment including shipping costs via PayPal. I'll send it out...I promise..lol.

Jokes aside. I just switched my reservation to LR with the same config (Blue, 6 seat). They gave me an estimated time of Jan. 23'.

Also, does anybody else have any experience with the GT4 (P-Car). Looking into getting a weekend car.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
They delivered mine with a cracked windshield, not a small crack, like half way up the windshield. Delivery person claimed she didn't notice which I don't believe. Many of these glass cracks are stress cracks rather than from an impact. In any event, since I had already clicked accept (my mistake), they initially offered to buy the vehicle back as a used vehicle, then put me back in the waiting line for a replacement vehicle in October of 2022. After two days of complaining they have agreed to make it right.View attachment 770822
Why not just offer to replace the windshield ?

After I got my VIN yesterday I got a text from Tesla to setup my appointment. The only option they have is for home delivery. The weird part is the message says my delivery is for an LR. Which would be great but I ordered a Plaid.

Emailed Tesla and they said they are showing my order is accurate for what I originally placed. I asked them to confirm specifically it is a Plaid.

I'd like to believe this is true. However, part of me thinks next Wednesday I'll have an LR sitting in my driveway...

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: UCF3 and bhramabull
Windshields *should* be a stock item in the Service Center. They break a LOT. I’ve had mine replaced twice, both times, in and out the same day.
should be* but in the current environment and with Tesla's logistic incompetence, I am willing to bet it isn't..... Also there has to be a slight difference between the refreshed X windshield and the old one since the entire dash where the windshield meets was changed.

Anyone have any experience with Volvo subscription? I really need a car and considering taking Volvo XC90 via their subscription offer, it can be canceled after 5 month so hopefully my X order will be ready around this time.
Picking up my Volvo S60 today. Process was very smooth, application to delivery was just 2 days. Volvo USA has no more cars for the program, so you’ll have to individually call up nearby dealerships to see if they have any cars that qualify for that program.

Picking up my Volvo S60 today. Process was very smooth, application to delivery was just 2 days. Volvo USA has no more cars for the program, so you’ll have to individually call up nearby dealerships to see if they have any cars that qualify for that program.
I imagine it has something to with syncing your smartphone to the account, to gain access to the car. On earlier models, the key fobs worked. But others have reported here that setting up the fobs is a customer responsibility (similar to the 3 & Y), after delivery. Beats me.

Reactions: Jah'rakal
No frunk, inaccessible front (ie. BMW services access only), don't like the interior personally. This:
Thank you for sharing that video. Personally, I am impressed. A lot of things BMW got right. Parking Cameras (where is this Tesla?), open floor like the original Model S (my wife loved that, perfect place to put her purse without intruding into the front seat passenger footwell), HUD, camera washers, nav takes charging into account - augmented reality nav is cool.... I also like that they give you the choice of the built in nav, Apple or Android.

No Frunk and no 3rd row seating is an issue. Although Tesla frunks have been shrinking over the years. Reviewer claimer 340mi real world range. Very nice. I'm interested to see what the M model can do.

My wife might give it a look at some point.

Last edited:
i asked several SC's if u can inspect vehicles prior to paying and they said u gotta accept before they let u check out the interior also........i'm not taking delivery anytime soon but i just asked for the future

anyone else confirm this?

with the covid delivery, you have to accept delivery electronically before gaining access inside the vehicle. There is paperwork that needs to be signed, so I guess you can refuse to sign the paperwork if there are issues?

Thank you for sharing that video. Personally, I am impressed. A lot of things BMW got right. Parking Cameras (where is this Tesla?), open floor like the original Model S (my wife loved that, perfect place to put her purse without intruding into the front seat passenger footwell), HUD, camera washers, nav takes charging into account - augmented reality nav is cool.... No Frunk and no 3rd row seating is an issue. Although Tesla frunks have been shrinking over the years. Reviewer claimer 340mi real world range. Very nice. I'm interested to see what the M model can do.

My wife might give it a look at some point.
Too bad BMW did not continue down the EV path they started with the i3/i8. They could be ahead of Tesla. A big thing now is Tesla has the Supercharger network which is expansive and just works.

Also, be careful with CarWow reviews. They derive income as a car finding and price negotiating service.

Reactions: JER85