Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hrmph. Maybe one more, possible white Model X near the left edge of the frame in both images. Also there's a black Model X with its frunk left open in both images, near the left-most car you circled. I wonder if this is like what some people in the military do, comparing aerial reconnaissance photos before and after an airstrike.

As long as I'm posting...a weird story from today. I got a missed call on my phone from the Dublin (California) Service Center today, no voicemail. Called that number back and got into the corporate phone tree. Punched through to new vehicle deliveries, and they had no record of anyone from Dublin calling me. Person I spoke with confirmed that I'm still supposed to pick up in Fremont, car is still in inspection (the term for this is apparently "not started" for some reason), no issues noted so far. They said inspections for the S and X take about two weeks (it's been about that long since VIN assignment, next time I talk to somebody I should ask what the build date was).

Back to waiting,

Bruce.
Maybe your car is in the holding area from the photos and they’re trying to get your falcon wing door closed. 😂

I had FSD on my account until early this week. I removed it because I have FSD on my current S and it is never going to be worth $10k+. I'll do monthly if it ever becomes worthwhile.

FWIW, since I had FSD from the beginning, I could remove it without issue. Now when I try to add FSD, it only charges $10k but it say it is irrevocable if you ok it.
Yeah I just have AP and wondered if that was the difference. So jealous of other mid-westerners getting vinned!

I really have no desire in FSD, but if it means getting my car sooner I'll add it. My husband has FSD on his M3P and whenever I drive his car it feels like I'm watching a 15 year old student driver. It kind of stresses me out and I joke saying we should slap on a student driver placard when we use FSD. I like the stop light notification though and auto lane change is handy too in non congested areas.

Ok so the appointment went really well, it was seamless... the only problem was that they wouldn't allow me to open the car until I made the final payment which was a little annoying as I wanted to inspect it thoroughly first. no problem I just made the payment and then went out to the car.

- fit and finish was really good... falcon doors were lined up nicely, first thing I looked at were those door handles lol. There was a tiny little scratch on the back quarter panel, you have to look really closely to see it... I am not even going to bother reporting that, I will have the folks who are doing my wrap fix it, does not seem like a deep scratch at all.

- Interior was really good, some dirt on some of the seats which made me panick at first but then I was able to rub it off phew!

Ok so no the 2 issues:

- the panel behind rear window (not sure what its called) sticks out a little bit and looks weird... doesn't look right. Its in one of my pictures above. I put in a ticket for that... but the SA who I pointed it out to kind of told me it may be within spec lol, so I am expecting that

- passenger side falcon wing door only opens halfway and then I have to hold the override button so it can go all the way... SA told me it was because we were next to a pole at the SC, but it keeps happening everywhere. drivers side is perfectly fine.

So I put in a ticket for these 2 issues and mobile service is supposed to come to my house on the 26th (fingers crossed)

Ok so some of you might remember that I was kind of peeved because Tesla removed creep mode because my wife didn't like regen driving... Well it turns out its a none issue (pheeeewww!!) she drove the car home and she actually liked it after a few minutes, still a little rough but she is sure she will get used to it, it was only a 20 minute drive.

Love the yoke! and bonus my wife loved it too!!! I was worried about that. She loves the view out the front windshield and the dashboard display with no top of wheel there.. She loves the grip when driving on the highway.... It took her a few turns to get used to it but once she did she said it was great (took all of 20 minutes wow) needless to say I was shocked.. I thought this would be a bigger problem.

I have the new charge port and new tail litghts... Still on the old software like everyone else. I connected to home's wifi but nothing new to download.

- I signed up for a month of FSD, I figured what the heck for $199 I guess I'll try it for a bit. I would never pay the 12k for it though... Cameras are 93% calibrated so i'll try it later.

- Question for you guys do the back windows only go down 3/4 of the way? wanted to make sure it wasnt an issue (SA told me that's how they all are, but I trust you guys more lol.

-I have a 2 hour drive tomorrow morning so I will be doing some charging and other stuff

- And by the way I did get my 1,000 free super charger miles in my lootbox, came in automatically.

ok this is getting long so I'll stop here.. .if you guys have any suggestions about my falcon wing door issue let me know.... and any questions please shoot it my way.
Congratulations! No more taunting from that green light anymore!

Reactions: JER85
And now I have a delivery range — March 29-April 2!

Has there been any pattern (Ext. color, FSD, etc.) to the LR 5-seaters that are being moved up to March deliveries? I'm sitting on a 2/21 reservation for an LR/5-seat/blue/black/20"/no FSD... and it still says "July" :(
Thats Disappointing to hear, I am not sure but I did select the 22 rims and white interior which i guess are "extras" but that seems unfair that they would give me my car before yours.

New headlights or confused?

Attachments

• 3ABBD103-4817-4715-BFA8-7904FC496802.jpeg
    3ABBD103-4817-4715-BFA8-7904FC496802.jpeg
    314.2 KB · Views: 121
I called Tesla today and asked when will I get my vin. My EDD is 3/29-3/31. They said the VIN gets assigned in between those dates and you get your car 2 weeks after. I told them that that’s not how it works from my experience and they got fresh and said that I was wrong. Am I wrong or does the rep not know what he’s talking about?

As usual the rep is clueless and just lying to get through an interaction. Sorry.

The EDD is usually just a lie but production seems to be making a big EoQ sprint. I'd hope for a VIN by next week or the EDD will get pushed.

Reactions: gglockner
I spoke to the delivery rep and he let me know I can pay and sign docs after reviewing the car. My appt is at 6pm and it shows they close at 6, but he said they'd still be inside if I needed to talk to someone, otherwise it would be contactless.
Are you pick up the 5 seater today? Please share your experience a lot of pictures