Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally after 15 months of a 2 month promise got our 5 seater MX LR yesterday, after the last minute QC fail. (interior trim piece, whatever that means)

I won't use the phrase "it was worth the wait", because frankly nothing Tesla could deliver would let them off the hook for the complete and utter crap that has been the last 15 months for me, and many of you on this board.

Nothing really new to add. I drove the car home and got used to the Yoke pretty quickly. The turn signals were the hardest to get used to. The yoke felt comfortable holding. Wife when she drove it likes the yoke as well, but not when you have to crank the wheel.

Played briefly with the auto cruise control on the way home. It seemed like its a bit more touchy than my Taycan Turbo S, I think I attribute that to the Tesla probably seeing more things than the Taycan does. Maybe I have to adapt a bit, but the Taycan's responses just felt more natural to me.

Only real negative as far as quality goes is there is a very slight rattle in the front dashboard. Only really notice it when the radio isn't on,so not sure we'll ask for it to be fixed next time we bring the car in.

Miss the 360 view the Taycan has. Love the blind spot camera when switching lanes (would be cool to have this as some sort of HUD of better positioning in the future).

Instrument cluster and controls on the Taycan seems a bit more natural. Lots of scrolling through menus trying to find things on the X. I'm sure we'll get used to it and also get the car "set right" so we don't have to do it as much.

Overall, wife is happy. Will take her a while to get used to it, and then eventually start playing with/trusting FSD.

Thanks for all the help/advice therapy the last few months... time to move on with my life. I'm outta here (hopefully... ;) )

Hi guys,

I messaged ordersupport@tesla this AM re: questions re: my order status and another question re: pricing on my order that I wanted an update on with no changes in order requested. What is the typical response time from them from your guys' experience?
Usually within 24hrs and this is what I get from Jorge

Hello .....,
Thank you for your message. Delivery timing is affected and prioritized based on profile completion, manufacturing availability along with vehicle configuration. Please note, we never make promises or guarantees on delivery timings, we can only provide estimates.
With that being said, estimates are subject to be pushed back or pulled forward however we are unable to predict a customer’s delivery estimate nor can one be requested.
Best,
Jorge Sanchez

Hi guys,

I messaged ordersupport@tesla this AM re: questions re: my order status and another question re: pricing on my order that I wanted an update on with no changes in order requested. What is the typical response time from them from your guys' experience?
"Jorge" typically replies next business day. But he may be busy today with end-of-quarter.

So without a text, email, or phone call, I magically have a delivery appointment today at 5PM at the factory. I only knew about this by checking on the app, and this appeared sometime within the past hour. This is logistically difficult. Need to see what my options are.

Of course it's the fraking EOQ push. Have to pick up by midnight. We'll go over after dinner.

Need to do paperwork, print out the checklists, grab some flashlights, etc.

Seriously wondering what would have happened if I wasn't semi-obsessively checking the app.

Bruce.

February of 2022? I have that almost same exact configuration, except 22's and my order was placed March 8, 2021! While I'm glad for you, it's just another example of how screwed up Tesla's ordering and delivery processes are. 🤬🤬
I agree AMAZING...I am in Cali.... I have MXLR | Blue/Cream | 5 Seats | 20" Wheels | FSD | Ordered Mar 3 21 | EDD APR 1 to APR 22, 2022

So go to my appointment to get my new x plaid. Fill out paper work, trade in my old car, salesman says car is getting detailed. Wait 20 minutes, guys comes to me and says we have one small problem. The car isn’t here, it is still in Freemont. we can give you Uber credit to get back to your house. Can’t get my old car back Said trade in is done, They said they will deliver the car to my house today. I am not sure it will be here today. At least I can track it in app. Does this happen often?

Congratualtions on your upcoming Model X delivery. Please submit payment via the Tesla App. As soon as payment is received, you will get a delivery text inviting you to the factory to pickup your vehicle with further instructions.

Tesla Fremont Delivery Team
Don’t fall for it! Pay upon exterior inspection. Keep payment as cash until the last minute if you are financing.

They are too busy to notice. Most people there have only worked there for weeks. I was handed my key cards before I even paid or signed ppwk bc of my speaker issue that I got to inspect before paying. If you find a problem on the inside looking from the outside, you get some leniency.

My wife was required to be there supposedly bc car is registered to our family trust, but nobody even noticed her as she inspected.

Bring a “wife” even if you don’t have one.

So go to my appointment to get my new x plaid. Fill out paper work, trade in my old car, salesman says car is getting detailed. Wait 20 minutes, guys comes to me and says we have one small problem. The car isn’t here, it is still in Freemont. we can give you Uber credit to get back to your house. Can’t get my old car back Said trade in is done, They said they will deliver the car to my house today. I am not sure it will be here today. At least I can track it in app. Does this happen often?
lol wow, thats a first

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I guess I am lucky I only live 30 minutes from plant. But it still has not moved. If it doesn’t come by 4 I am making them give me a loaner car.

Good luck with that.. I would be shocked if they gave you a loaner for a car thats not being repaired technically. They are usually not very accommodating to fix their screw ups. It's kind of a "just deal with it" attitude.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Definitely buy it... From a financial perspective, even if you keep it for just 3 years, the overall cost of ownership will be way less given the significant increase in the purchase price of the car (which will be reflected at time of sale, 3 years from now.) If you convert the lease to a loan, you will essentially have the same payments, but at the end - IF YOU SELL IT - you will get more money back.

Past Performance Is No Guarantee of Future Results.​

Reactions: groundy
Too often. You never should have signed or done a thing until you inspected it.

I ordered a LR 7 seater in May 2021 with delivery estimated as 7/22. Two days ago I switched from 7 seat to 6 seat. Now I have 4/6-4/29 delivery! Hopefully I get a VIN soon and dont get pushed back.
Did the base price of car change? or you will just pay $3500 price difference? Last time I checked with Tesla, they told me that such a change would cause my base price to change to today's base price.