Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you ski often, you drive uphill for distance to get there. You're in the cold, there is probably wind, and range goes to shiite. In Cali hills are absolutely everywhere. Keeping up with the flow of traffic kills range. Towing worse. If you don't take road trips much, or are retired and have tons of time, or lear jet your trips, 300 miles could appear on its surface to be totally adequate and a great idea.
Yes, but those range gurus in Silicon Valley never see the light of day and dont go into the mountains. they also live where there are dozens of superchargers. I watched Tesla for three years waiting for more than 305 mile range because I drive the 610 mile round trip monthly in rural Great Plains. So we got 330 miles and I thought I was good and ordered an X. Then I learned about weather and range. Still wrapping my head around it while waiting and waiting for my X. One supercharger on route, while may or may not be sufficient to get to my garage.

Yes, but those range gurus in Silicon Valley never see the light of day and dont go into the mountains. they also live where there are dozens of superchargers. I watched Tesla for three years waiting for more than 305 mile range because I drive the 610 mile round trip monthly in rural Great Plains. So we got 330 miles and I thought I was good and ordered an X. Then I learned about weather and range. Still wrapping my head around it while waiting and waiting for my X. One supercharger on route, while may or may not be sufficient to get to my garage.
For going to a ski area you might get horrible range going up that mountain but coming down you could go 50 miles and not lose any charge.

Reactions: ductordoc
Hi everyone! Update on my Model X VIN 7SAXCDE51NF3XXXXX. Today was delivery date and it went super well! The car magically,as far as i can tell, doesn’t have any major panel gaps or issues with the paint and I am so happy. I am not a super trained eye but there are no squeaks, the FWDs line up with no rubbing, all the panels seem pretty well attached, the auto close doors work although they dont open when i walk up. I think thats a setting I havent figured out and the doors seem to be pretty smart and not swing wide open when something is close. The cameras were all calibrating so i cant comment on autopilot or the driving display. The car had 15 miles on it when it got there. I am pretty pleased and just dropped it off at the shop to get it xpel stealth ppf wrapped. The delivery center in Colorado Springs was very nice and showed me the basics of the car and set up the keys, I guess phone key is tied to one of the keycards. The only thing is the car could use a vacuuming. Otherwise Elon take the wheel.

EDIT: Screengate: the screen tilts (swivels) IDK if mine was a VIN that is supposed to, but it does.
So beautiful. Just like my baby will be whenever it shows up. 11 months and waiting.

For going to a ski area you might get horrible range going up that mountain but coming down you could go 50 miles and not lose any charge.
Yeah, but you could die going up and never get to the ride down. mine may die 200 miles from civilization out on a cold, windy flatland range cattle country.

Apologies for the naivety, but the 5 seat configuration does not have an arm rest, no seat back pockets, and no door storage? Where does one put things in the back? Any after market solutions?
See Northeist Tesla video titled Comments for details on front seed back adapters so 2nd row has storage pockets

Reactions: JimBob 909
Can you give more number on the vin, trying to track the tilt screen production, mine 3412. With built date 4/25 vin 4/27
I'm picking up my LR X tonight but swung by the SC in Chicago yesterday to take a peek at my car a day early. I asked about the swivel screen and my SA (who's the SC manager, always admits when he doesn't know something to be definitive) told me the tilt screen in the X began production on April 22nd. Fortunately my car was made 5/2 so it will be included. But for what it's worth, 4/22 was the day they started swivel screens.

I'm picking up my LR X tonight but swung by the SC in Chicago yesterday to take a peek at my car a day early. I asked about the swivel screen and my SA (who's the SC manager, always admits when he doesn't know something to be definitive) told me the tilt screen in the X began production on April 22nd. Fortunately my car was made 5/2 so it will be included. But for what it's worth, 4/22 was the day they started swivel screens.
I know it’s been discussed, but how do we get a “born on date“?

Reactions: CoryMD