Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery accommodations when unable to take delivery?

Dumb question I'm sure has been discussed 100x before.

My EDD is currently around the same time where the co-signer is away for 2 weeks and another where we're both away for another week. No VIN assigned yet so I'm pretty sure the odds of delivery+being not around are slim right now.

What kind of delivery window does Tesla do? 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month? How do they accommodate you wanting to take delivery but have prior obligations?

Last edited:
Delivery accommodations when unable to take delivery?

Dumb question I'm sure has been discussed 100x before.

My EDD is currently around the same time where the co-signer is away for 2 weeks and another where we're both away for another week. No VIN assigned yet so I'm pretty sure the odds of delivery+being not around are slim right now.

What kind of delivery window does Tesla do? 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month? How do they accommodate you wanting to take delivery but have prior obligations?
Tesla window is usually a few days. But, if that does not work for you they are usually happy to move it a week or so.

With my 2022 X, I was out of town during the window (right at the end of Q1). So I told them and they just moved it to day the next week when I was available.

Dang, wasn’t trying to rub salt in the wound. In Kansas the taxes are almost 10% on vehicle sales but trade in value is deductible from overall price. Tesla offered $60k for my MYP, Carvana was $69.5k, could prob sell privately for $75-78k.
Tesla is playing games with these trade-in values. I literally dealt with the exact same figure you did. Ultimately sold to Carmax for $69K.

The funny thing is that Tesla is selling used MYPs for $82K. They "include" FSD in those, but still... its basically just printing dollars if folks accept their anemic trade-ins. Laughable.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Tesla is playing games with these trade-in values. I literally dealt with the exact same figure you did. Ultimately sold to Carmax for $69K.

The funny thing is that Tesla is selling used MYPs for $82K. They "include" FSD in those, but still... its basically just printing dollars if folks accept their anemic trade-ins. Laughable.
Games for sure. I saw a 2020 Performance Model X on Tesla's used inventory today for $139,700k. I mean come on.

Their ability to just add FSD to everything is a huge money maker.

They need to get us EAP soon, I won't pay for FSD right now, but EAP around $5-6k sounds good.

Reactions: Elixir and blodg1
They need to get us EAP soon, I won't pay for FSD right now, but EAP around $5-6k sounds good.

Just give me phone control for moving the car forward/backward for $500 Bob! It's about the only functionality of EAP on my Model 3 that I use. Great for when I'm cleaning/detailing my tires and need to get access to that bit that was touching the pavement. Also good for looking at tread punctures. :)

-edit, looks like Elon did his famous "Ok" on 6-17-22 to someone asking to bring back EAP

Tesla gave me $10k less trade in value for my MY than carmax. shouldn't have wasted my and their time getting the value. just FYI
It’s opposite with the offers from Tesla and Carmax for my MX. Tesla offered me 10K higher than Carmax and I also have sales tax offset, so I get even more with trade in with Tesla than Carmax

As I suspected, the VIN I was assigned yesterday is for a MXLR manufactured in late April. I spoke to someone at the delivery phone number to confirm this. When I asked where this car has been since late April, all he could say was that someone must have been matched with it and then decided they could not afford it. He could not tell me where the car had physically been during all of this time nor could he tell me if it was rejected for some reason. He said, “It will have everything on it the current builds have”, to which I responded, what about the tilt screen? He said, well probably not that. My delivery is scheduled early next week. After 14 months of waiting I should be excited, but honestly I’m pretty bummed about how this has played out. I’ll carefully check the car at delivery, but I’m leaning towards rejecting it and getting back in line. The tilt screen really isn’t a big deal to me, it’s the fact that they can’t explain to me where this car has been and why it been floating around without delivery for 6 or 7 weeks. Another big win for customer service!

Reactions: 1pinhigh
Hi all - will post pictures later, but ordered in March with an October EDD, and got a surprise 2 weeks ago with a 6/10-6/14 EDD (eventually 6/17 schedule pick up).
VIN 342XXX, but it has the tilt screen and new Plaid sign with a build date of May 11 (i.e. it sat for a month somewhere). There were some panel gaps that are not noticeable, however there is a splotch of clear coat missing on the driver's quarter panel (everything is glossy but a big spot is just flat white). Also the pass side falcon door doesn't close 25% of the time (says there is a object in the way when there isn't). Set up the service appt for this Friday.
I own a 22 M3LR and MYLR, this feels more comfortable (seat & suspension), I have yet to hear the impact of ANC and the yoke took just 1 day to get used to it. Overall pretty happy - wished I got the MXLR (to seat 7) but who knows how long that wait would have been =)

Curious if others have had an issue with MVPA not showing original pricing from order date? I reserved my plaid X when it was $119,990 in May 21, the MVPA shows $126,490 and I have a pickup in a few days. I texted back the number that texted me to schedule delivery, but not response yet.

Curious if others have had an issue with MVPA not showing original pricing from order date? I reserved my plaid X when it was $119,990 in May 21, the MVPA shows $126,490 and I have a pickup in a few days. I texted back the number that texted me to schedule delivery, but not response yet.
Did you order 5 seat and get converted to 6 seat? The pricing will update within 72 hours of delivery, so they say but mine updated to the originally ordered price

Ordered Plaid May 24, 2022 with EDD October 2022 with 3.25% financing good for 60 days. Was just VIN'd and asked to schedule delivery this morning (at the same time) for June 22-28. VIN 345xxx. Asked to be put on hold for 30 days to see if I can get the matrix headlights without losing the financing terms.