Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Insisting tidbit for those waiting. I just parked in a spot where I guess the X couldn’t tell whether reverse or forward would be correct, and it cycled every three or so seconds between “Tap to activate forward” then “Tap to activate reverse.”

I thought that’s brilliant though idk if that’s intentional.

Reactions: ductordoc and EV3_
Not really a fair comparison. Many are ordering the Plaid knowing the current delivery estimates are very short. When early orders were placed on the LR the delivery time was an unknown.

The same exact thing happened with the Model Y. People had ordered theirs over a year earlier. I placed my MYP order and took delivery 3 months later, before many of them (particularly the 7 seat orders). I did this because the LR times were 9 months out and the MYP times were 1-2 months out. And those estimates seemed to be pretty accurate.
Actually is a fair comparison. When people ordered the LR Elon said production was starting with delivery in a month or two. I ordered with an EDD of January. Here I sit in June with EDD of July-Sept so we had expectations of delivery that definitely haven't been met. So yes 1.5 mo wait is nothing and there was an expected delivery time frame that has been missed by up to 18 months for some.

Well my journey has come to an end here. Got my vin (350xxx) Saturday night and I picked up my Model X LR today after waiting 1 year, 5 months and 1 day.

I first posted on this thread all the way back on page 3 thinking I was getting ready to take delivery in April 2021, lol. I can finally stop checking this thread and my app compulsively and just enjoy driving my X.

The car is beautiful. No complaints… minus all the delays of course. Good luck to all those still waiting on their cars. It’s excruciating to wait, but the car is phenomenal!!

Well my journey has come to an end here. Got my vin (350xxx) Saturday night and I picked up my Model X LR today after waiting 1 year, 5 months and 1 day.

I first posted on this thread all the way back on page 3 thinking I was getting ready to take delivery in April 2021, lol. I can finally stop checking this thread and my app compulsively and just enjoy driving my X.

The car is beautiful. No complaints… minus all the delays of course. Good luck to all those still waiting on their cars. It’s excruciating to wait, but the car is phenomenal!!
Congratulations on a no issue pick up and car! This forum definitely made the wait less excruciating.

I am on my way to the Fremont factory for my 5:00pm pick up. I hope to have the same experience as you! Wish me luck!

Also i just took delivery of my X after 16 months. And WOW. It’s quite the spaceship. No issue that I have seen yet which is a huge improvement from the very start of production CT. Panel gaps alignment was very good. As its been said here before. I would definitely say it was worth the wait.

Congrats!

I also just took delivery of my X after 16 months. And WOW. It’s quite the spaceship. No issues that I have seen yet which is a huge improvement from the very start of production. Panel alignment is very good. As its has been said here before, I would definitely say it was worth the wait.
93657A9C-2E1B-4444-B2E9-2E4FA9B7B028.jpeg

Last edited:
I picked up 2 days ago and, though not perfect, she’s a marvel; spacious and comfortable without being boaty, luxuriously minimal, and spacey especially when sitting in the middle row as the FWD closes above. I thought the 3 and Y were extraordinary until I sat in the X, which made me realize I’d been roughing it lol. If 3 and Y are Marriott and Hilton then the X is the Four Seasons! Somebody pinch me!

Wow. They are insisting that I cannot go in until I accept. Any advice one what the keywords are? I even asked to speak to a manager…
That’s ridiculous and must be at the whim of the local SC. I took delivery yesterday in GA and they gave me all the time I needed to inspect the car inside and out. So, it is not corporate policy. Nicely ask to speak to the manager and plead your case. Good luck!

I also just took delivery of my X after 16 months. And WOW. It’s quite the spaceship. No issues that I have seen yet which is a huge improvement from the very start of production. Panel alignment is very good. As its has been said here before, I would definitely say it was worth the wait.View attachment 822377
All of you getting VIN's and picking up your cars gives me hope! Our orders are close so here's to hoping that those of us hanging around for 15 months or more all get our spaceships before too long...

At the very least ask them to demonstrate that all doors open and close fully and that the seats are adjustable, and mention the word “safety”
So….. not taking the car home today. I had them address some trimming issues and they said it will take more than an hour and I have a young child to get back to so will reconvene tomorrow.

So close!