Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, after almost 500 days it’s here. I was a little worried about the 22s but very happy I went with them. Beautiful car.
FD2F4063-F36F-4E6A-99DE-F10B3B0DB957.jpeg

So pleased for you! We're both from Toronto, and ordered virtually the same day. You switched to 6-seat so deserved the priority... I'll probably be at least another three weeks or so, but hope my delivery experience is as clear as yours :)
My apologies for not responding sooner. Thus far, it's been about the cleanest, shortest and best delivery I've had from Tesla - this being the 4th vehicle. Still adapting to 2 things: turn signals and gear selection. I've found a way to deal with the non-round steering wheel, which involves clean underhand grabs to keep turns smooth. I really like the intuitiveness of turn indicator (once I figure out where it is while driving) - keeps going for as long as one is doing a lane change instead of just using the 3 flashes. The X is also substantially larger than the Y or S I've been driving before, but damned if the ride isn't the smoothest (especiall against the Y). First trip is upcoming and see how the family deals with it.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get yours SOON with the same experience.

I am scheduled to pick up my car today at 5:00pm. I just received an email that seemed generic about asking if I want to get my car today and to do that I should finalize my payment and upload the checks in the app or it may delay my pick up or even unmatch my VIN. I was planning to bring both checks with me to the appointment, but should I worried?
I received the same text message today. So I sent in final payment. Then Tesla fremont called me to let me know the car hasn't been build...

• Informative
Reactions: lexus26
For those looking, the model X has now started popped up in the new inventory listings which I've not noticed before

They've appeared on tesla-info and ev-cpo, and on various instant notification sites on twitter (@TeslaInfoCom but not @tesla_inventory) and a telegram feed. All of them are Plaid models so far, but maybe a chance to avoid the wait.

For me, hopefully this means they're a step closer to exporting again to Europe, not that I'm becoming obsessed with the wait!

Picked up my blue today. Just one minor issue. Looks like tesla is getting better at building X. Lol

One question. I have 7 seater but probably same for 6 well. Are these wires supposed to be exposed?
It's below the seat and is visible when you open the trunk lid inside.
Mine looks the same as I was putting groceries in the trunk just now and I thought what in the world?!

Reactions: aba_woo and lexus26
After 14 months wait, I finally got a text msg saying a VIN has been assigned to me and it is ready to be picked up on 6/30. However, I will be out of town for the first week of July, so I don't feel like taking the delivery now, not to mention that they only give me less than two days to figure out the loan and insurance. So my question is if I don't schedule the delivery for 6/30, what would happen to my VIN? Are they going to give it to someone else tomorrow for the EOQ push? If they did, would I have to wait for another three months to get my Model X?

Reactions: bobusn
After 14 months wait, I finally got a text msg saying a VIN has been assigned to me and it is ready to be picked up on 6/30. However, I will be out of town for the first week of July, so I don't feel like taking the delivery now, not to mention that they only give me less than two days to figure out the loan and insurance. So my question is if I don't schedule the delivery for 6/30, what would happen to my VIN? Are they going to give it to someone else tomorrow for the EOQ push? If they did, would I have to wait for another three months to get my Model X?

My hope is that July builds go to Europe ;)

Reactions: Driver 8 and colo
Can change me to delivered! Picked up the MXP in Raleigh yesterday, looks awesome. Got back late last night. No issues, panel gaps look great, no paint issues and FWD have no issue. Passenger side captains chair initially did not go as far forward as the other side and as I was about to put in for service request my 16 yo moved the seat back and forth a few times and everything corrected itself.
Had planned on PPF as soon as I picked it up however now that its been 1.5 yrs since initial order the PPF installer is backed up till August. :confused:

Can change me to delivered! Picked up the MXP in Raleigh yesterday, looks awesome. Got back late last night. No issues, panel gaps look great, no paint issues and FWD have no issue. Passenger side captains chair initially did not go as far forward as the other side and as I was about to put in for service request my 16 yo moved the seat back and forth a few times and everything corrected itself.
Had planned on PPF as soon as I picked it up however now that its been 1.5 yrs since initial order the PPF installer is backed up till August. :confused:
Gotta change your profile pic now! Congrats!

Reactions: SOBX MX
I am a billion pages behind around here, but thought I'd give an update. I took delivery on a MXP white a few weeks ago. Long story, but while waiting, I switched the color from black to white. I really wanted black, but was paranoid about making more changes, so about a year after the original order, I reserved a second one in black.

I drove the white for 10 days and realized I really did want black. I sold the white and took delivery on the black this past weekend (sorry to those who have been painfully waiting such a long time).

The white was nearly flawless. Minor panel alignment, but no real complaints. Not so with the black.

The Issues thread is kinda quiet - not a ton of activity there, so I thought I'd post here. When I took delivery on the white, I went over it with a fine toothed comb. On the black one, I was complacent. Everything look visually normal, so I drove off with it without checking everything. Two days later, I left it at the shop for opti-coat and tint. They called me and told me the passenger FWD doesn't open. Grrrr. Sure enough, I have a notice that I need to calibrate the door. But, when I try to calibrate, it pops open a hair and nothing else happens. I am a massive idiot for not trying to open this door during delivery.

I also have a nasty GPS drift issue. If I use navigation, it frequently positions my car in odd places, like my neighbors yard when I am on the street. This has lots of repercussions, including strange re-routing. It also makes it impossible to auto-open and close my garage doors with Homelink. I have read scattered reports about this. I don't think it's software, because I have run two updates since getting the car, neither of which helped.

I have a service appointment in two weeks (soonest they could get me in - frustrating). I suspect the door will be easy, assuming it's a sensor. But, I really hope they can fix GPS, too. To see the problem, you have to dive around, and I really hope they take the time to evaluate it.

Otherwise, car drives amazing.

Edit: I forgot to add one important thing. There was damage to the rear bumper. It looks as though it was gouged and someone tried to fill it in and paint it. But, you can see it and it looks pretty bad in my opinion. That one has me pretty upset and I’m not even sure that they will do anything about it. Waiting to see how they respond to my complaint.

Last edited:
I am a billion pages behind around here, but thought I'd give an update. I took delivery on a MXP white a few weeks ago. Long story, but while waiting, I switched the color from black to white. I really wanted black, but was paranoid about making more changes, so about a year after the original order, I reserved a second one in black.

I drove the white for 10 days and realized I really did want black. I sold the white and took delivery on the black this past weekend (sorry to those who have been painfully waiting such a long time).

The white was nearly flawless. Minor panel alignment, but no real complaints. Not so with the black.

The Issues thread is kinda quiet - not a ton of activity there, so I thought I'd post here. When I took delivery on the white, I went over it with a fine toothed comb. On the black one, I was complacent. Everything look visually normal, so I drove off with it without checking everything. Two days later, I left it at the shop for opti-coat and tint. They called me and told me the passenger FWD doesn't open. Grrrr. Sure enough, I have a notice that I need to calibrate the door. But, when I try to calibrate, it pops open a hair and nothing else happens. I am a massive idiot for not trying to open this door during delivery.

I also have a nasty GPS drift issue. If I use navigation, it frequently positions my car in odd places, like my neighbors yard when I am on the street. This has lots of repercussions, including strange re-routing. It also makes it impossible to auto-open and close my garage doors with Homelink. I have read scattered reports about this. I don't think it's software, because I have run two updates since getting the car, neither of which helped.

I have a service appointment in two weeks (soonest they could get me in - frustrating). I suspect the door will be easy, assuming it's a sensor. But, I really hope they can fix GPS, too. To see the problem, you have to dive around, and I really hope they take the time to evaluate it.

Otherwise, car drives amazing.

Edit: I forgot to add one important thing. There was damage to the rear bumper. It looks as though it was gouged and someone tried to fill it in and paint it. But, you can see it and it looks pretty bad in my opinion. That one has me pretty upset and I’m not even sure that they will do anything about it. Waiting to see how they respond to my complaint.
Sorry to hear that the one you really wanted has issues. Hope that Tesla service is able to resolve so that you're as happy with that one as the white. I am still a little jealous that you've received two MXP's and I'm still waiting for me first MXLR. I'm on day 478, but am holding out hope for a late July, early August delivery, at least according to the local SC. We'll see...