Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
............................................................................. Curious. I saw on a earlier post that tire repair kit was included. I do not see or cannot find where it is located or if I need to buy one. Any advice? Thanks.
I was also surprised to hear that but then someone responded that in that state there was a law that a vehicle must have a spare or a tire repair kit. I'm not familiar with the specifics of the law. The repair kit is not a standard MX item in other states.

Last edited:
Reactions: ductordoc
Sorry to hear that the one you really wanted has issues. Hope that Tesla service is able to resolve so that you're as happy with that one as the white. I am still a little jealous that you've received two MXP's and I'm still waiting for me first MXLR. I'm on day 478, but am holding out hope for a late July, early August delivery, at least according to the local SC. We'll see...
Yeah, it doesn't seem fair. I tried to gauge interest here in my white one. I posted it, but someone immediately moved it to another thread, which I suspect no one really visits.

Meanwhile, I am rooting for you.

Reactions: 1pinhigh
I am a billion pages behind around here, but thought I'd give an update. I took delivery on a MXP white a few weeks ago. Long story, but while waiting, I switched the color from black to white. I really wanted black, but was paranoid about making more changes, so about a year after the original order, I reserved a second one in black.

I drove the white for 10 days and realized I really did want black. I sold the white and took delivery on the black this past weekend (sorry to those who have been painfully waiting such a long time).

The white was nearly flawless. Minor panel alignment, but no real complaints. Not so with the black.

The Issues thread is kinda quiet - not a ton of activity there, so I thought I'd post here. When I took delivery on the white, I went over it with a fine toothed comb. On the black one, I was complacent. Everything look visually normal, so I drove off with it without checking everything. Two days later, I left it at the shop for opti-coat and tint. They called me and told me the passenger FWD doesn't open. Grrrr. Sure enough, I have a notice that I need to calibrate the door. But, when I try to calibrate, it pops open a hair and nothing else happens. I am a massive idiot for not trying to open this door during delivery.

I also have a nasty GPS drift issue. If I use navigation, it frequently positions my car in odd places, like my neighbors yard when I am on the street. This has lots of repercussions, including strange re-routing. It also makes it impossible to auto-open and close my garage doors with Homelink. I have read scattered reports about this. I don't think it's software, because I have run two updates since getting the car, neither of which helped.

I have a service appointment in two weeks (soonest they could get me in - frustrating). I suspect the door will be easy, assuming it's a sensor. But, I really hope they can fix GPS, too. To see the problem, you have to dive around, and I really hope they take the time to evaluate it.

Otherwise, car drives amazing.

Edit: I forgot to add one important thing. There was damage to the rear bumper. It looks as though it was gouged and someone tried to fill it in and paint it. But, you can see it and it looks pretty bad in my opinion. That one has me pretty upset and I’m not even sure that they will do anything about it. Waiting to see how they respond to my complaint.
Hi - I'm having some issues with GPS also. It becomes a problem when the satellites have been obscured for a while - mostly while I'm on the ferry to Seattle. The GPS places me in the ferry terminal at the starting point and shows me to be in Puget Sound. I believe it's the LTE module. I can fix it by doing a system reboot, but should not have to do that at all. Replacing the LTE module should not be a big deal. Should be relatively inexpensive. I'll give it a few more times and if there's no improvement will set up a service appointment.

Picked up Yesterday, they fixed most issues, they still need to adjust the Trunk. made the reservation for service with the App. The car drives amazing, completely different than other Teslas. Still adapting to the signal.. its funny how you try to hit the air to change lanes 😂 Yoke is great.

1656520102139.png

Picked up Yesterday, they fixed most issues, they still need to adjust the Trunk. made the reservation for service with the App. The car drives amazing, completely different than other Teslas. Still adapting to the signal.. its funny how you try to hit the air to change lanes 😂 Yoke is great.

View attachment 822657
Glad to hear that you get the issues fixed. Enjoy the new ride!

I have the swivel screen, its not as good as the anticipation. Its 3 positions. Left-Middle-Right. Would prefer something like in between left and middle, it would be better. why? The right side of the Yolk blocks the left side of the Nav map when its Left. Don't feel like you missed out, really. I don't know that we will use it much. Enjoy your ride,.
I agree about the swivel screen being underwhelming. It would be nice to have more than the 3 settings (left, middle, right) and actually allow manual adjustments. I’ve noticed when it in the left position facing the driver, I hear a rattling sound when on a bumpy road. It sounds like the screen is bumping against something behind it.

Reactions: golferguy